It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If Bush Decides He Is Not Ready To Leave Office In 2009?(My Crazy Conspiracy Theory)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Has anyone pondered this question, lately?:

What if, when the time comes for Bush to leave office and turn over the keys to the Oval Office to his successor, he decides that he is not ready to go? Suppose, just for the sake of arguments sake, that some new "terrorist" attack or "National Emergency" should occur in the weeks either directly before or directly after a new president is elected and he decides to pen another Executive Order, claiming that the need of the country and his oath of office supercede the Constitutional mandate that he leave office after his second term. Now add in to the mix the variable that as Comander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, he directs the Joint Chiefs to use all available force to enforce his order and suppress any civil unrest.

Pretty crazy stuff, right? But is it so far out of left field that you can not for a minute imagine it happening?

That is the subject of my latest Lightcast and you can hear it here:
Lightcast Episode 2

Tune in and then post your thoughts and opinions in my comments page;
I promise I won't be surprised or upset if you want to call me crazy or paranoid but I suspect that I am not the only person on this site who has had the same thought, though they were probably smart enough not to mention it to anyone.

Thanks for listening.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is a theory that has been floating around for quite some time now. However, we have already had a president that some wondered if he'd graciously step down when his two terms were up. Guess what. He did.

Who am I referring to? Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan loved being the president of the United States. If we ever had a president that liked the popularity and the limelight, it was Ronald Reagan. However, when his eight years were up, he stepped aside.

I don't think Bush will be any different. Hell, I don't even think Bush likes the spotlight that much. I know I wouldn't if I were him.
Really, I seriously doubt that Bush is going to try to become the "perpetual" leader of the United States.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Who am I referring to? Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan loved being the president of the United States. If we ever had a president that liked the popularity and the limelight, it was Ronald Reagan. However, when his eight years were up, he stepped aside.

Yes, Reagan stepped down, but Reagan was a much better man and had a hell of lot more character than GWB. Bush has even made comments on more than one occasion that he would love to be a dictator.
You are probably right, Speaker, however, there is this niggling little doubt in my mind that just won't go away.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, the comment that he made about "being dictator" was said rather jokingly, not that it is something to joke about.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Regarding the treatment of cancer:

Complete removal of the cancer without damage to the rest of the body is the goal of treatment. Sometimes this can be accomplished by surgery, but the propensity of cancers to invade adjacent tissue or to spread to distant sites by microscopic metastasis often limits its effectiveness.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

The U.S. is scheduled for a potentially life-saving operation in 2008 - it would be a definite shame to miss that appointment.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Regarding the treatment of cancer:

Complete removal of the cancer without damage to the rest of the body is the goal of treatment. Sometimes this can be accomplished by surgery, but the propensity of cancers to invade adjacent tissue or to spread to distant sites by microscopic metastasis often limits its effectiveness.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

The U.S. is scheduled for a potentially life-saving operation in 2008 - it would be a definite shame to miss that appointment.

Evasius, Thanks for your input. Yes, it would be a stinking shame if that operation doesn't take place. The cancer is spreading quickly now and if not done soon, an operation may be a non-option. Unfortunately, the "patient" is sinking fast. I hope she survives the end of the year.
:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Even if there's another terrorist attack, he HAS to step down.

The army's not going to support him, and the Congress sure wouldn't. The secret service isn't a hand-picked group of men loyal to Bush only. Short of barricading himself in the Oval Office with a few bazookas, there is nothing that he could do.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There is precedent for this

Franklin D. Roosevelt

He actually served four terms.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That's true, although FDR didn't finish his fourth term (he barely started it, if I recall, before dying). There is a constitutional amendment in place that prevents this, added in no small part because of FDRs numerous terms. People were nervous about having the same leader for too long, even if they were doing a good job.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The paranoid part of me ponders a sinister motivation for the heavy reliance on National Guard (federalized state militia troops) in overseas deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. If something were to blow up here, who would rush to our aid? Private contractors deputized as stateside militias? Remember New Orleans? It would be a scary thing if I were onto something. Hopefully not.

National Guard readiness:
www.usatoday.com...

Blackwater USA New Orleans:
www.libertypost.org...

-peace

[edit on 18-7-2007 by clay2 baraka]

[edit on 18-7-2007 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
If something were to blow up here, who would rush to our aid? Private contractors deputized as stateside militias? Remember New Orleans? It would be a scary thing if I were onto something. Hopefully not.

Well, fortunately for us, I don't think the CIA or other agencies have mastered weather control sufficient to cause another hurricane, but then you never know.

Of course, it doesn't have to be a weather-related disaster, either. Remember Three Mile Island?

Three Mile Island

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It's regrettable that we have to be talkingabout this at all. Even so, here we are and we shouldn't be ashamed of it. I've made a podcast or two of my own with a varient of this theory put forward. In the event that the Republicans lose badly, Mr. Bush could assert his executive authority to stay in office while the "election irregularities" are sorted out. Hey, if can can get away with flaunting Federal subpoenas, what else might he want to get away with?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more with the OP. The 2000 election was total blasphemy, and '04 didn't smell right either. Moreover, there's a very large 9/11 skeleton looming in the old closet, which has thus far been hidden by the executive office 'cloak of invisibility'.

GWB has created a few extra loopholes for himself with quirky legislation in the name of homeland security. At this point, anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

In the event that the Republicans lose badly, Mr. Bush could assert his executive authority to stay in office while the "election irregularities" are sorted out.

Not really. It's not a republican/democrat thing, it's a set-up. It's more a pro-globalists/for the people choice. If Hillary win, he'll give her the power with no regrets at all knowing that his friend will block any investigations against him. They go in vacation together, the Bushes and the Clintons, they are not ennemies, they are friends. And even if they would want to stab them in the back, they couldn't because they are in the same illegal stuff together.

If Ron Paul is elected, then I'm sure that he'll be either killed or Bush will stay in office, he's the only pro-people guy out there, and don't try to convince me that Obama the globalist is pro-people.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
^bingo Vitchilo!

From all that I can see, Bush is a bit like that Russian pilot's kid who got to put on the captain's hat and sit at the controls and promptly sent the plane into an irreversible nose-dive.

On the one hand, he loves all the attention and being able to push people around and have them grovel before him, but on the other he knows he's a puppet and just being used and that the real power resides elsewhere. He's dumb but not stupid.

Whether lightworker's scenario plays out--and it's not an uncommon one by any means, I think by now at least half the country has pondered the thought--is not really dependent on W's wishes. He once said the best thing that happened to him as president was that he caught a big fish in a pond on his dude ranch at Crawford.

The question is whether the PTB/MIC want to move in for the kill or are content to continue to slowly turn up the heat on the proverbial frog in the pot--us. If they go for the former, expect a false-flag attack like 9/11 only bigger, and the police state scenario plays out; if they go for the latter, get ready for Hillary.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
^
Exactamundo. I think that Hillary is the designated next step in the globalist plan, but what BushCo has in store between now and then could be scary indeed.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I once heard a talk on the mashed potato circuit from a former DIRNSA that our country has "nuclear missiles pointed almost everywhere in the world," and by the way "with care not to harm our own forces."

That is an important philosophical point of view, where someone who is not duly elected might well find too much uncertainty in such measures. The "football," of course has been gone since Nixon, and is only essentially a dummy display regarding such powers.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by SkipShipman]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Even if this were to happen which is totally unlikely; I believe there would be a mass revolt and violence toward the government the likes that have not been seen before. It would make the civil war look like kid and play. People here are already pretty ticked off at the government as it is. Between this monkey we have in office as President to the idiot and just plain criminal senate and house.

With each passing day we are being taxed over and over again and our civil librities being stripped away with each new BS law they pass. Ron Paul seems to be the only one that appears to have our interest at heart.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and I don't think it will happen. Nevertheless, at least theoretically, it could happen.

The Supreme Court is now stacked with Bush loyalists. Congress would oppose a Bush Executive Order to retain emergency power, but the Supreme Court could overrule them. Remember, when the Right Wing whines about "activist judges", they're talking about judges who respect the Bill of Rights. They don't have a problem with "activist judges", as long as they are their own.

If the Supreme Court upheld an Executive Order, Congress would have to amend the Constitution to overturn it, a long and drawn out process. By the time they even began getting the paperwork in order, another Executive Order could dissolve Congress.

Again, I'm not saying that this will happen. But it could hypothetically, right here in the USA.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago

Whether lightworker's scenario plays out--and it's not an uncommon one by any means...

Not to quibble over trifles here but it's Lightseeker, not Lightworker. I know it's confusing but there ya go.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join