It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study links marijuana buzz to 'runner's high'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
ATLANTA, Georgia (Reuters) -- The same family of chemicals that produces a buzz in marijuana smokers may be responsible for "runner's high," the euphoric feeling that some people get when they exercise, U.S. researchers say.

www.cnn.com...

Maybe I should take up running.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
why run and get all sweaty ???

so much easier to light up

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It sure is

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
why run and get all sweaty ???

...and go to jail

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Go to jail for what?

They wont take you to jail for getting high, hell...

most of the time if caught with pot it's probation time, they just want money really, they don't want you in jail costing everyone else, they rather stick you on community suprivison, give you overpriced UAs, make you do community enslavement, i mean service, and pay FINES.

All for a victimless crime.

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Go to jail for what?

most of the time if caught with pot it's probation time, they just want money really, they don't want you in jail costing everyone else, they rather stick you on community suprivison, give you overpriced UAs, make you do community enslavement, i mean service, and pay FINES.

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by Lysergic]

i like your take on this subject, and i completely agree.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   

It should be legal!

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
^^^^

Hells yeah, it's just a plant, and if you are a religious person, more so christians...

God put that on this earth for his lovely humans, reminds me of something lil kids use to say about flipping someone off, God wouldn't make a bad finger... lol

Hold on looking up a bible quote for the bible thumpers...

Genesis 1:11 - And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Genesis 1:12 - And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 1:30 - And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Genesis 2:5 - And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Genesis 3:18 - Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

Genesis 9:3 - Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Hmm, what is herb, is green, and has seeds...

Also I've heard Cannabis was used to heal people, and the annointment oil contained Cannabis oil.

HRMMRMMRRM Indeed.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Interesting find, Hyperspace.

Lysergic hit the nail on the head. It's all about money.

[Edited on 1/12/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Gee I think running is better on your lungs frankly.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

^^^^

Hells yeah, it's just a plant, and if you are a religious person, more so christians...

God put that on this earth for his lovely humans, reminds me of something lil kids use to say about flipping someone off, God wouldn't make a bad finger... lol

Hold on looking up a bible quote for the bible thumpers...

Genesis 1:11 - And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Genesis 1:12 - And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 1:30 - And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Genesis 2:5 - And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Genesis 3:18 - Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

Genesis 9:3 - Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Hmm, what is herb, is green, and has seeds...

Also I've heard Cannabis was used to heal people, and the annointment oil contained Cannabis oil.

HRMMRMMRRM Indeed.

I like this one also

"Man made Beer, God made Pot, who you gonna trust?"

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Netstorm, I wish there was a slogan with a new ad-campaign like that...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I wonder if you would get really high if you ran and smoked.... nevermind, that will never happen, stoners don't run, except for from the cops.

Legalize it!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You won't be able to run. Only the tips of your toes will be touching the ground...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
is everyone here from america? in England now if you're caught with dro they will most commonly confiscate it, sometimes just let you go, and at worst i think you get a fine, i don't think you can even get a criminal record from it anymore, unless you're a dealer.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If you're caught with it in Holland they might want to smoke some with you after work...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Go to jail for what?

Many jurisdictions in the United States WILL arrest you for smoking pot.

Arrest = Jail

You may not get sentenced to jail time but you will be there briefly after the arrest.

I have friends who have had this happen. Also if you don't want to pay the ridiculous prices and decide to cultivate your own you can really get into deep *hit if you get busted cultivating.

I personally would like to see it Legalized.

new topics

top topics

join