It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Beloved 49'ers.(chissler, don't look)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It's been a while since the Niners were THE force in the NFL. At one time you KNEW you had to beat them to make it to the Superbowl. 10 NFC championship games in 16 years(that doesn't include the years that they made the playoffs and didn't make it to the NFC CG). Winning half of those and every Superbowl they played in.

The dynasty ended, the derision followed. It's cool to slap the champ around when he's down. That's cool. NOW, they are making a comeback. Last year they went 7-9 with the worst defense in the league(points wise).

So what do they do in the off season? They pick up Clements to shore up the DB's(I think they paid too much, but that's just me). They pick up the best LB in the draft. They addressed the problems that needed to be addressed. Analysts said that it's a toss up who did better in the off season, the Pats or Niners.

This will be the 3rd year for Alex Smith(QB), it usually takes 4 years for an NFL QB to mature. Frank Gore had a break out year last year, he stays health look for more of the same. Ditto for TE Vernon Davis. He's going to be THE threat. With other acceptable receivers like Battle(gotta love that football name), Jackson and Lelie, this offense should do very well. Now they have a defense that will keep the offense on the field more.

The AFC has ruled the roost long enough. NFC fans look to an old champion to bring back balance to the league. This year is just the beginning.

OK naysayers
at will.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Niners could definitely be a factor this year. It'll be interesting to see who the NFC offers up to get pounded in the Super Bowl.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Niners could definitely be a factor this year. It'll be interesting to see who the NFC offers up to get pounded in the Super Bowl.

Chicago. The Pats will beat them handily.

The Niners are a couple of years away, though they should win the NFC West this year.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Maybe, but New Orleans looks tough to me, too. Colts play NO in the opener. Should be a good 'un.

I'll have to go and find the "Ask intrepid" thread where you posted a picture of Antarctica saying "when hell looks like this" when I asked about the Colts' chances of winning the Super Bowl.

Ohh yes, I remember.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I'll have to go and find the "Ask intrepid" thread where you posted a picture of Antarctica saying "when hell looks like this" when I asked about the Colts' chances of winning the Super Bowl.

Ohh yes, I remember.

Dude, you are SOOOO wrong. You have NOOO idea how wrong you are. It was the Arctic.

Hell, who saw Indy's defense doing what it did? I can't be wrong 2 years in a row.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The AFC has ruled the roost long enough. NFC fans look to an old champion to bring back balance to the league. This year is just the beginning.

I don't know Intrepid, now that the Colts have one in their pocket and Peyton as their quarterback, the AFC should rule the roost for at least another couple of years. Tom Brady and the Patriots are the only things standing in the Colts' way. Either way the NFC will be screwed for awhile.

Edit: Manning ain't got the looks to allow women to influence and/or ruin his career like Brady is currently. Besides that, Manning's married and dedicated to winning. Still, who would you rather be?

Peace

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Actually, I saw it. I could go dig up the post somewhere, before the playoffs starting about Bob Sanders and if he came back, the Colts had a better than even chance at going all the way. And he did, and they did. Had he not come back (and had NE not beaten SD in the playoffs) probably another story.

Bob Sanders is a freak and a maniac. And I mean that in a good way. The Colts are a completely different team defensively when he's in there.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I don't know Intrepid, now that the Colts have one in their pocket and Peyton as their quarterback, the AFC should rule the roost for at least another couple of years. Tom Brady and the Patriots are the only things standing in the Colts' way. Either way the NFC will be screwed for awhile.

Peace

Pretty much the way I see it DL. The Pats lost by 3 in the AFC CG and only got better in the off season. I don't see the Niners seriously challenging for a couple of years. BUT we make the playoffs this year. That's step 1. Maybe step 2, a playoff win.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Edit: Manning ain't got the looks to allow women to influence and/or ruin his career like Brady is currently. Besides that, Manning's married and dedicated to winning. Still, who would you rather be?

Peace

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Dr Love]

The man with 3 rings and the p...... nope, not going there.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
After years of being the doormat, the NINERS are on the verge of returning to thier past glory.

Improved defence
Smith is getting better each year
More offensive tools

Are the cream of the league? No, but once in the playoffs its anybodies game and you never know.

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Save yourself the trouble fellas, the Packers are going all ..... the ...... way!

Okay, back to reality.

The canucker has some strong points here, and the 49ers are certainly heading in the right direction. It can be tough for organizations that get so used to winning, to suddenly spend the best part of a decade in a rebuilding stage.

Some organizations are not permitted to have that rebuilding stage.

Yankees, Red Sox, Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs.. I believe the Patriots have entered that bracket with their recent success, and years ago you would of considered the 49ers here. But with this day in age, with the amount of teams and how strong every single player is, it is inevitable. Nobody can be on top forever.

I'll be interested in seeing how Smith performs this year. He's on the cusp here, and needs to make his move soon.

Unless they are playing my cheeseheads, for you 'trep, I'll cheer for the niners.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Has everyone forgot the Chargers here!?! They have got all the weapons and are very ready. Ive got faith in the new coach also.

The niners are moving up fast now that Gore is out of control. And my first TE pick will be V. Davis he is the #znizzles

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Merriman/LT will be a forced to be reckoned with.

Be interesting to see how they fair this year with the new coach.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Intrepid i just want to make sure that you are not having delusions of grandeur here. How far do you think that they are going to go this season and please post what kind of record you are predicting that they will have.

Go Chargers!!

[edit on 18-7-2007 by spinstopshere]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Even though I'm a Cowboys fan, you really gotta love what the Niners did. Nate Clements is a really good corner, too much money, but still, he will team with the other young corner they have. Michael Lewis will help in the secondary also. But they added Darrell Jackson, from a rival and divisional foe, that helps the WR corps, then you got Joe Staley, I think at 28 and he'll battle Kwame Harris, oh and Patrick Willis will dominate for the Niners. I'd think they could battle the Seahawks for the Division. Everyone keeps saying the Cardinals but they still don't have an OL, the Niners have a decent one.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It's so nice to see fellow Niner fans!!!! GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just remember folks, a healthy, finally, Seahawks team is going to have a lot to say about who goes where in the NFC West. They are getting older, but still have at least one more good run in them.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinstopshere
Intrepid i just want to make sure that you are not having delusions of grandeur here. How far do you think that they are going to go this season and please post what kind of record you are predicting that they will have.

Go Chargers!!

[edit on 18-7-2007 by spinstopshere]

12-4 is not impossible. I'm even giving the Hawks a split, which didn't happen last year. We swept them.

Like I said, I think they'll take the NFC West. Bout damn time too, it's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time.

BTW, they meet the Chargers in the preseason.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
12-4 is unlikely though in my opinion. I would say a 10-6 record.

Do you think they are going to beat the Chargers in the Preseason?

[edit on 19-7-2007 by spinstopshere]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinstopshere
12-4 is unlikely though in my opinion. I would say a 10-6 record.

Did you see their schedule?

Niners schedule

That's not a hard schedule.

Do you think they are going to beat the Chargers in the Preseason?

[edit on 19-7-2007 by spinstopshere]

Preseason doesn't matter to either team, that's to tune the players. Any team can beat any other in preseason. The only goals are to get the players ready for the season and get out without injuries.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join