It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Supporters Call 2 Action! Vote Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The NRSC (National Republican Senatorial Committee) is hosting an Online Republican Straw Poll.

Ron Paul is currently in 2nd place behind CFR Thompson.

We Need To Get Ron Paul into 1st Place

Vote Now

www.nrsc.org/survey/

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Where2Hide2006]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Done and done. Is there a way to see the results of the poll without submitting another vote? After I voted it showed them, but it was on a donation page and I can't seem to find a way to get back to the results.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Wow!

Where2Hide2006, the biggest slam on Ron Paul is that he gets most of his support from spammed internet polls.

Now you start a thread supporting the spamming of an online poll?

Thanks for proving my point!

Just another Ron Paul fantasy!

I got this link from an e-mail from the Republican Party about 2 weeks ago. I got it because of my past support of the Republican Party. I voted for Thompson!

[edit on 18-7-2007 by RRconservative]

ape

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm not impressed by fred thompson, IMO he is another establishment candidate. The CFR membership is the nail in the coffin for me.

lets take a little look at some of the very non conservative votes on CFRed thompsons record..

♦ FOR restricting the rights of grassroots organizations to communicate with the public. See ACU’s vote 3, 1998.

♦ FOR allowing the IRS to require political and policy organizations to disclose their membership—a vote against the constitutional rights of free association and privacy. (The Clinton Administration used such IRS intimidation against conservative groups that opposed them.) See ACU’s vote 11, 2000.

♦ AGAINST impeachment proceedings against President Clinton, specifically the reappointment and reauthorization of managers (drawn from the Republican membership of the House Judiciary Committee) to conduct the impeachment trial in the Senate. See ACU’s vote 1, 1999.

♦ AGAINST an accelerated elimination of the “marriage penalty.” See ACU’s vote 10, 2001.

♦ FOR handouts to politicians, specifically taxpayer funding of presidential campaigns. See ACU’s vote 6, 1995.

♦ FOR handouts to politicians, specifically congressional perks such as postage and broadcast time funded by taxpayers. See ACU’s vote 13, 1996.

♦ AGAINST restraints on federal spending, specifically the Phil Gramm (R-TX) amendment to limit non-defense discretionary spending to the fiscal 1997 levels requested by President Clinton. See ACU’s vote 6, 1997.

♦ FOR affirmative action in federal contracts. See ACU’s vote 9, 1995.

♦ FOR the Legal Services Corporation, the perennial liberal boondoggle that provides political activism disguised as “legal services” to Democratic constituencies. See ACU’s vote 16, 1995, and vote 17, 1999.

♦ FOR an increase in the minimum wage, which, of course, increases unemployment among the young and poor. See ACU’s vote 16, 1996.

♦ FOR President Clinton’s nomination of Dr. David Satcher as U.S. Surgeon General. Among other things, Satcher opposed a full ban on partial-birth abortion. See ACU’s vote 1, 1998.

♦ FOR open-ended military commitments, specifically in regard to U.S. troops in Kosovo. See ACU’s vote 8, 2000.

♦ FOR corporate welfare, specifically the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC). See ACU’s vote 23. 1999.

♦ AGAINST worker and shareholder rights, specifically the Hatch (R-UT) amendment to require unions and corporations to obtain permission from dues-paying members or shareholders before spending money on political activities. See ACU’s votes 4 and 5, 2001.

♦ AGAINST property rights and FOR unlimited presidential power, specifically by allowing President Clinton to implement the American Heritage Rivers Initiative, which he established by executive order, without congressional approval. See ACU’s vote 20, 1997.

♦ FOR restricting the First Amendment (free speech) rights of independent groups. See ACU’s vote 23, 1997.

♦ FOR the trial lawyers lobby, and specifically against a bill that would put common-sense limitations on the medical malpractice suits that increase health costs for all of us. (Of course! He’s been a trial lawyer himself for some three decades.) See ACU’s vote 18, 2002.

And, last but not least:

♦ FOR limitations on campaign freedom of speech, by limiting contributions to national political parties to $2,000 and limiting the rights of individuals and groups to participate in the political process in the two months before elections. See ACU’s vote 7, 2002.

americans for better immigration gave him a C, didn't he support amnesty a few years back?

grades.betterimmigration.com...

my whole family is conservative, I happen to be an independent who leans conservative. IMO none of these candidates that are being propped up by phony 'conservatives' like rush limbaugh and sean hannity are even close to representing conservatism. The records just don't match the propaganda especially with rudy.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by ape]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
RRConservative,

Isn't it considered spamming if the same person votes over and over again? How is it considered spamming if he is telling people about a pool that is out there, and to vote for it? Sounds to me like he's looking to get people to show their support for Ron Paul. Doesn't sound like he said "vote as many times as possible!"

Besides, getting Ron Paul into first place may not be such a bad idea after all. Whether it's legitimate or not, it brings his name more into the main stream and forces voters to actually take a look at his stance on the issues. Clearly the mainstream media isn't interested in showing us anything from anyone except Thompson, Giuliani, McCain, etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The NRSC sent targeted E-Mails to past Republican supporters in the past to participate in this poll.

If someone tells others to take this poll without having any intention of voting Republican. I consider that spamming.

It's no big deal! It just shows how much of a joke Ron Paul is. It's getting old! The Ron Paul fantasy needs to end.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
It's getting old!

As are you my friend.

As for spamming, I think the definition of that wouldn't apply unless one could vote more than once. However, most people for Ron Paul are Republicans or right leaning Independents from my experience.

I'm still wondering where your info (or feeling) is coming from in regards to Dem spam for Paul.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
All's fair in love (politix) and war.

Thx for the link. The language of the poll was a bit disconcerting to me, though. Unprofessional and hysteric.

"Which Democrat candidate is the most dangerous the future of..."

That's pretty harsh language; afterall, we are all Americans.

And.. that whole Democrat(IC) thing. It's incorrect to refer to the Dems without the IC on the end. DUH.

That's just one of the very subtle ways the Republicans denigrate the Dems.

As a lifelong Republican absolutely fed up with corrupt Republicans, I wish Harry Reid and his Dems would grow a pair and manhandle these obstructionists.

If the Dems don't exercise their constitutional authority over a lawless and recklessly dangerous administration, we might as well just all throw in the social contract towel and embrace raging chaos. Take whatever the BLANK you want! Its yours to take, violent child! That is our example in today's America.

new topics

top topics

join