It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta recruitment video.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hay Street is much nicer now and they have started even more work as I type this. There is an amphitheatre down there now, really nice.

Rick's is gone but I heard stories about it.

As far as people taking pics and movies of operations, shame on them unless they use them for non-public reasons.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch
Rick's is gone but I heard stories about it.

Yeah, they had an "amphitheater" too, only it had poles.

As far as people taking pics and movies of operations, shame on them unless they use them for non-public reasons.

These were trophy pictures. One of them brought the photos home on a CD, his wife put them on a photo sharing website I won't name for some reason I can't fathom, maybe so his buddies could see them. What she should have done was make her gallery private and given them links, but she left it public, and gave them descriptive titles. Which showed up on Google, and someone found them.

The guys weren't making any attempt to conceal their faces, about the only thing you could say was they didn't have name tapes on, but that was about it.

It wasn't exactly CA stuff, and while there wasn't a lot said about what happened, I'm suspecting a number of careers were shortened.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
As ADVISOR said, they do openly recruit for DELTA. It gets advertised, and you get an early lunch if you want to go to the briefing. At my first recruitment briefing, they showed a video quite like this, only without faces. This video is a hoax, however. I can assure you that some of that footage was not SOF stuff at all, for sure. A lot of it was sloppy, and some of it was obviously civilian.

But DELTA is not something that is a big secret, so unless it makes your life more interesting to think of it that way, chill out.

And guys (you know who are) pretending to be all secretive and talking about places on Bragg that any mechanic stationed there would know about makes you look really childish and says the opposite about you than what you were trying to portray. Get the point?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The video is now private, anyone got other links to this video?

[edit on 19-7-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Delta does recrute. Back in Ft. Hood in the dfac aka dining facility, there were fliers with info required for those interested in trying out for "selection". Such as GT and PT score minimum for those interested.

The recruter who recruted me, for my first enlistent was an SF guy. He had the tab and unit combat patch, among other "bona fides". The SSGT at the time, was the NCOIC or head of the recruting station, and they were recruting then as well.

I have seen those fliers at Hood. Though not at my old DFAC 1st Brigade 4thID. Their used to be a building not far from clothing sales on the 4thID side where those interested would meet up for breifings.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge
Wooooo! Yeah!........... or something to that effect.

Looks like some eight year olds were left with some video editing kit and a stack of stock army footage, they were then unleashed with orders to create an "Awesome Beefcaketastic Super Army Manfest that only a Real Man would enjoy" movie.

If you think that was bad you should see other official military videos. especially when defense contractors want to sell something to the government. When I was in 4ID it was called Force 21, the test bed for all the new army toys. My lord those contractor videos were some of the worst crap I have ever seen.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

Originally posted by NJ Mooch
The "smoke bomb hill" quote was quite funny, and anyone who knows anything would know about that place. They would also know about Chicken Road, Huske, Paddy's, and Sharky's or Secret's.

Hay Street in general, but especially Rick's Lounge.

They tell me Hay Street has been turned into little art shoppes now. What a shame.

Victory Drive hasn't though, although the places I remembered all seem to be gone.

I think this vid isn't the real thing.

Sort of surprised by people putting their faces on it if it is.

But then I was also surprised a couple of years back by SEALs carrying digital cameras with them on missions and posting the photos on a website. With photos of each other DURING the mission.

Whatever happened to keeping logs, diaries or photos being a security problem?

Rick’s Lounge now that was a place were I was happy, I blew too much money that I should have saved for my retirement.

What about the Flaming Mug, I never saw so many fat chicks in one place.

And who could forget the Cellar, biker chicks with tattoos and saggy breast to floor.

I remember eating at BK on Smoke Bomb Hill.

I lived on the other end of post by Callahan Physical fitness at the beginning of Long St.

As for the Video some shots were of Bragg and Delta, you could drive around the perimeter of the Delta compound in the day and see some of their ranges.

They use to have briefings for qualified NCO’s who wanted to join Delta at least 1 to 3 times a year, it was a norm at Bragg.

And some of those ATV scenes were filmed at the Spider Pit just behind Ritz Epps Center in the Division area.

Some of the shots were Bragg and a few were Delta I am not saying if it was an official Delta video. But in the day if you had been on Bragg a while and humped Long street with a ruck, and jumped on Salerno, Normandy, or Holland DZ you ran into a Delta guy or some of them training. Heck in the day Bragg didn’t even have gates.

Now I am not claiming to be Delta. Just and Airborne MP.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i went to tech school right next to the SF washout tech school....i was only there for 3 weeks before i went to my next tech school...SERE training...(not to be an instructor or actual career in SERE...just the Survival Evasion Resistince and Escape course)

i remember marching to class...and we had to march by the pool...at 5 am they'd already be out there with shirts over there faces feet over the pool doing flutter kicks getting sprayed by a fire hose.....and the PJ's had to carry a giant log....in four man teams.....(it took about 7 of us to hide it, they were so ticked)

somebody mentioned SERE earlier...and the USAF SERE instructors had to go through there...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
1) Delta does recruit.
2) The pentagon has officially acknowledged that Joint Special Operations Command has the responsibility for counterterrorist activities. Under the umbrella of JSOC falls 2 units assigned on a permanent basis: !st Special Forces Group, Operations Detachment--Delta, and Naval Special Warfare Development Group (DEVGRU...SEAL Team 6 no longer exists.) They also listed several other units that can be assigned to JSOC on an "as needed" basis.
3) DELTA does NOT make recruiting videos. They don't need to. If you have what it takes to make it there, and you are in a position to apply, you'll already know about them. They do, however, hold tryouts and open recruiting from all combat arms units. They also recruit from other services.
4) All Army Special Operations Forces are NOT trained like Delta is trained. The Rangers are trained to be the world's premier light infantry unit. That is all. The US Army Special Forces (They're not called Green Berets.) are trained to be the world's foremost experts in unconventional (Guerilla) warfare and FID (Foreign Internal Defense.) OD--Delta is trained to be the world's best short duration, high-speed tactical operations unit. Delta can't do what the rangers do. Rangers can't do what SF does. SF can't do what Delta does. Deal with it. If you want to know what it is all really about, stop reading and writing about conspiracy theories on the internet, join the Army with an 18X contract, and go to Special Forces Assessment and Selection. Odds are, you won't make it. If you do, you can progress to Phase II small unit tactics training. From there, you'll move on to Phase III MOS training. From there, you'll have Phase IV, SERE training, Language training, and any secondary schools (Sniper, SCUBA, HALO, etc) you might qualify for. Only after all of this can you join the ranks of US Army Special Operations Command.

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause."

Still think you have what it takes?

Tell you what. Those guys out there in SF, Rangers, Delta, SEALs, DEVGRU, and any other SOF unit you want to name...they're all my brothers. If you're going to sit here and discuss them, at least educate yourself enough that you don't sound like complete and total idiots.

Once again, you want to know what it's really all about, come out and join us, if you can.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Also, many many SF groups that aren't as finessed as Delta or Team 6 can do just about everything in those videos. Whoopy they attack a car with a 4 man detachment sitting on the outside of a little bird. Lots of SF guys do that.

Also, nothing fancy about those dynamic entries and the shooting was what one would expect from just about any SF group. And there was some footage of the guys getting nastycar training. Which many SF groups get training in too. Nothing to show that htese guys are with DELTA. alot of reasons in the video that they aren't. THe army doesn't have and real division between green berets and their other SF groups. to make everybody feel excepted and equal all of army SF is just called SFOD-D now. That add is basically the army equivalent of the navy commercials that go "become a SEAL' that we see on TV all the time. nobody ever sees commercials saying "hey join DEVGRU" or SEAL team 6.

Yeah...like Delta operates so differently that makes you impress. How exactly do you define as fancy in your view that qualifies as Delta? What do they need to show that they are Delta? This is how they operate.

Yes, Delta does operate differently. Due to the nature of the missions and the small size of their teams, they use completely different equipment and tactics. Moving right along now. Simply to clear things up, I'm not in the Army. I'm not Special Forces. I am actually a Sailor. I work for and with USASOC. I've humped a ruck around the desert. I've fired my weapon, and I've had weapons fired at me. I've learned to hate the RPG-7 and fear EFPs and IEDs. I've been there and done that. Yes, I will freely speak with authority on this particular subject. I will not, however, give any classified information, or any information that I feel has even the slightest chance of placing my brothers in harm's way any more than their job already does.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Dirt, what naval unit are you with. If you don't want to post it here, U2U me with it. I spent 6 years with the 1st Ranger Battalion @ HAF and always get a kick out of reading posts by guys who love talking about the USSOCOM or JSOC commands. Some know more then I would ever expect, others have no clue, but it's ALWAYS entertaining.

I have had the pleasure of working with 5 of them when I spent a year with Blackwater. Very professional and squared away, and make you realize why regular Army (or any military) units can't compare. Rank, SOP's, Politics, UCMJ, etc...are out the door and the operators are able to do what they do best. As for them recruiting, YES they sure do. Usually it is just a posting on military bases and then you attend their little meeting somewhere on post where THEY DO have a video for you to watch. Then they hand you a business card with a first name, and phone number on it. Nothing more or less....if you wanna try out, call the number...if not, shred it. Its quite simple.

keep in mind, they recruit for ALL positions. Their cooks, intel, comm guys, etc...ALL have to be selected and pass certain selection phases. If your going to be a true operator, your course is MUCH more vigerous.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm actually not assigned to an NSW unit. I've worked with NSW training unit 3, but mostly with 3rd and 20th Special Forces Groups. I've seen the Delta boys roll through a few times, talked to them a few times, and had a few beers with them. I've had them talk to me about coming to work with them, but no thanks lol. I'm leaving the Navy in October and going to work with 20th Group.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Now I'm confused. Dirt Sailor. In your opinion is the video showing actual DELTA guys doing excersises or just regular SF guys doing their thing. I say it's some other branch or group of SF guys. and not delta, because like I said I've seen nothing that indicated that the guys in the video are actual delta. Lots of SF groups do everything in that video. Could be delta. But it could also be just about anybody else. Whats your opinion?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Actually, I haven't seen the video. I'm on the site from a government network...can't watch youtube videos. I'll send myself an email reminder to look at it when I get home this evening. So far, all I really know about the video is what I've heard you guys say about it. That's why I've refrained from comment on the video itself thus far. I've just commented on what other people have said...some correct, some not so correct. Either way, I'll watch the video when I get a chance tonight, and I'll give my opinion then.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Good post Dirt Sailor. The military is compartmentalized. If SFOD-D wasn't different than other specialties it wouldn't exist.

If I had a scanner I would steal a Delta recruiting ad from the PX food court and post it up. Its got guys riding dune buggies and stuff. They do recruit semi-publically, but you can't contract for it. The closest you get is an 18X contract, Special Forces Recruit. Even this didn't exist until recently, but we have more demand for SF guys than before.

You have to be in the SOF community to try out, its not a direct recruitment. If you know enough to show up for try outs, you know enough, if you know what I mean.

SFOD-D does exist on record, but maybe only for a while longer. Rumor has it its being disbanded since it doesn't preform a specialized task anymore (all SOF are equipped to preform counterterrorist missions now.)

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
By the way, has anyone ever been out to the compound on Ft. Bragg? The only times I saw it was at night, and they had all those damn floodlights pointed out to the perimeter so you couldn't see what was going on.

I worked with the guys on several occaisions, in country and out, and they were pretty cool. A lot more "civilized" than you might expect. They donated a lot of useful gear to us, in addition to a few coolers stocked with 12oz containers of a certain restricted beverage.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Alright. I don't want to offend anyone. But there's a lot of BS in this topic. I stumbled on the forum by accident and created an account just to reply to some of the rediculouys statements in here. First off all SF teams are not referred to as 1st SFOD-D. That is a delta tag. (Green Beret) Special Forces units are known as SFOD-A or A-teams. Well, the actual ground teams are.

Delta DOES have a recruiting video. I saw it when I attended a Delta briefing at Ft. Bragg, NC. Just like Airborne recruiters or SF recruiters have videos they use in recruitment briefings.

Delta DOES do recruiting. And not just from 82nd, Ranger and SF units. That's a misconception. There are age, TIS (Time in Service) and rank requirements that need to be met to go to selection. That's on top of the obvious PT requirements and current physical, etc.

I have also read "Inside Delta Force" as well as Charlie Beckwith's book. They're good but things have changed. So don't think that because you read these books you know what it takes.

And SF and Delta guys are not selected because they're cold-blooded killers. They're 'selected' for their mental toughness and heart to not give up. That's the whole point of the selection process. SOFs are usually filled with very laid back, normal guys.

If anyone wants to make a rebuttal or has any questions e-mail me at [email address removed]

[edit on 5-4-2008 by amangin]

edit on 9/9/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: removed email address

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Delta generally recruits within Special Forces there are indeed flyers and such promoting delta.

I also believe they work closely with contractors such as blackwater et al.

I also believe they utilizes exotic propulsion aircraft for insertion and extraction.

I also believe they are responsible for some military abductions.

I have no proof however so it's just conjecture.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That video makes me wanna be a "Little Bird" pilot more than a Delta...lol

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
crazy stuff. I actually am part of JSOC. I just got back from a FOB in Afghanistan. This thing cracks me up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join