It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta recruitment video.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Also, many many SF groups that aren't as finessed as Delta or Team 6 can do just about everything in those videos. Whoopy they attack a car with a 4 man detachment sitting on the outside of a little bird. Lots of SF guys do that.

Also, nothing fancy about those dynamic entries and the shooting was what one would expect from just about any SF group. And there was some footage of the guys getting nastycar training. Which many SF groups get training in too. Nothing to show that htese guys are with DELTA. alot of reasons in the video that they aren't. THe army doesn't have and real division between green berets and their other SF groups. to make everybody feel excepted and equal all of army SF is just called SFOD-D now. That add is basically the army equivalent of the navy commercials that go "become a SEAL' that we see on TV all the time. nobody ever sees commercials saying "hey join DEVGRU" or SEAL team 6.

Yeah...like Delta operates so differently that makes you impress. How exactly do you define as fancy in your view that qualifies as Delta? What do they need to show that they are Delta? This is how they operate.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm kind of curious as to how many posting on this thread have SF (any branch) experience?

It's interesting to see the expert opinions.

And I don't mean this to be offensive. But it seems that some authority should come with experience.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
LOL

Why do I have the feeling that I'm the only person on this thread who lived on Smoke Bomb Hill.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Anyone on here actually been in the Army? They do recruiting drives for Delta, its not a secret. SFOD-D recruiting is not the same as standard SF recruiting. I used to get emails on ako every once in awhile for notices about the drives. They are official and not secret.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Anyone on here actually been in the Army?

See my post above for the answer.

[edit on 7/18/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
LOL

Why do I have the feeling that I'm the only person on this thread who lived on Smoke Bomb Hill.

You're right, I suspect.

I didn't meant to ruffle feathers on anyone, but I get a little chagrined when I see so much information being thrown around so authoritatively.

I personally am what is now USAF Special Operations (I'm not sure that's totally correct). However, back in those halcyon days of yesteryear, I was in the old Air Commandos. Got to see a bit of excitement on occasion.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by sigung86]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Cool Mike and Sig.

Its nice to unexpectedly run into buddies. Sounds like Sig may have been around long enough to have landed at Pope?

Bet you''ve got some excellent stories. Air Commandos was quite a while back.

[edit on 7/19/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Cool Mike and Sig.

Its nice to unexpectedly run into buddies. Sounds like Sig may have been around long enough to have landed at Pope?

Bet you''ve got some excellent stories. Air Commandos was quite a while back.

[edit on 7/19/07 by makeitso]

I was quite a while back!

All I can do is sit on the sidelines and cheer. An old friend of mine ('bout my age, and not nearly as smart) went over with Blackwater. I wanted to go, wife said, "Nope! I love you in spite of your best efforts".

Which turned out just as well. A 60 year old man shouldn't have to be sent to Germany to recuperate from combat bullet wounds.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by sigung86]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Thats a fanboy vid,still a good one that shows some well trained pro's doing their work.I dont think delta are advertising for civies to join it!Should be the elite of the elite from other regiments

If this vid has been done by lads inside this unit then top brass better pull the plug and reprimand them as it just looks like some fan boy who supports illegal wars and killiing arabs has posted this as his wet dream

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Sig your hysterical. Quite the comedian. I believe I'd enjoy your company.

I never expected to bump into an Air Commando on this web site, let alone a funny one! Amazing world we live in!

Best of luck to you friend.
makeitso

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Sig your hysterical. Quite the comedian. I believe I'd enjoy your company.

I never expected to bump into an Air Commando on this web site, let alone a funny one! Amazing world we live in!

Best of luck to you friend.
makeitso

Same to you bud! Watchyer six and keep your sox dry!

... And let's commo on occasion.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I don't think it's an "official" video. It's probably a video put out by actual SF or Delta....a home made video. There's nothing different from this video and the so called TV specials...Inside the [insert secret squirel unit here] shows that we watch on the History Channel and other documentaries.

[edit on 19/7/2007 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
I'm kind of curious as to how many posting on this thread have SF (any branch) experience?

I'm a member of Delta Force/ATS detachment/codename: Dr. Love.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Delta does recrute. Back in Ft. Hood in the dfac aka dining facility, there were fliers with info required for those interested in trying out for "selection". Such as GT and PT score minimum for those interested.

The recruter who recruted me, for my first enlistent was an SF guy. He had the tab and unit combat patch, among other "bona fides". The SSGT at the time, was the NCOIC or head of the recruting station, and they were recruting then as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Anyone on here actually been in the Army?

Yup. Heh - still got my old JUMPS folder in my desk here. Left myself a note in it. Everytime I get nostalgic, I pull it out and read it. 1989 Tom says he was really ready to do other stuff.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wooooo! Yeah!........... or something to that effect.

Looks like some eight year olds were left with some video editing kit and a stack of stock army footage, they were then unleashed with orders to create an "Awesome Beefcaketastic Super Army Manfest that only a Real Man would enjoy" movie.

And succeed they have, especially when reading the feedback..... this one's my fave:

The best!
Mighty angels protect those brothers.
ciao

I would defy anyone (even an espacially manly man) to not smirk at that!

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge
Looks like some eight year olds were left with some video editing kit and a stack of stock army footage...

Parts of it look genuine, at least it matches what I've been told they do in training.

In particular, there's one scene where there's a guy in a chair with a dummy terrorist behind him, and he's looking really flinchy.

What I was told is, they practice the room entry with dummy hostages at first. The goal is not to shoot the hostages. Later, when they're performing up to par, they rotate through playing the hostage parts themselves. That's when you really hope your buddies didn't go drinking the night before, I'd expect.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom BedlamThat's when you really hope your buddies didn't go drinking the night before, I'd expect.
[edit on 19-7-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

Heh, guess you shouldn't wiggle or you might lose an ear

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The "smoke bomb hill" quote was quite funny, and anyone who knows anything would know about that place. They would also know about Chicken Road, Huske, Paddy's, and Sharky's or Secret's.

I think this vid isn't the real thing. I have never heard of any videos that were specifically made for recruitment purposes for any SF. That is my opinion and is based off who I know and what I have seen or heard from that community.

For the guys who are part of this community that are reading this, thank you and keep doing what you do. Maybe i'll get sent back to "no hope Pope", but I think it will be an Army airfield by then. I hope they get the CCS done so they quit swimming at the regular pool and use theirs. And tell everyone to quit jumping over the fence when the pool is closed on Monday's for superchlorination. Services and CE know this happens so don't act like you don't know what i'm talking about....lol

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch
The "smoke bomb hill" quote was quite funny, and anyone who knows anything would know about that place. They would also know about Chicken Road, Huske, Paddy's, and Sharky's or Secret's.

Hay Street in general, but especially Rick's Lounge.

They tell me Hay Street has been turned into little art shoppes now. What a shame.

Victory Drive hasn't though, although the places I remembered all seem to be gone.

I think this vid isn't the real thing.

Sort of surprised by people putting their faces on it if it is.

But then I was also surprised a couple of years back by SEALs carrying digital cameras with them on missions and posting the photos on a website. With photos of each other DURING the mission.

Whatever happened to keeping logs, diaries or photos being a security problem?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join