It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Secret Plot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Watch:
fr.youtube.com... (It wont embed because of the fr.)
Do You think this one European Nation will ever see the light of day, and If they do, do you think they will be able challenge our "hyper power"?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
My short answer is...no. The EU is doing very, very poorly. Recently they scrapped free trade as a core principle, despite the fact that it had been one since 1957 (if you don't have free trade, how are you a Union?) and plus Germany and France who are considered to be the mother and father of the EU are nowhere near their self-imposed economic targets.

It's a flawed system.

www.suntimes.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
My short answer is...no. The EU is doing very, very poorly. Recently they scrapped free trade as a core principle, despite the fact that it had been one since 1957 (if you don't have free trade, how are you a Union?) and plus Germany and France who are considered to be the mother and father of the EU are nowhere near their self-imposed economic targets.

It's a flawed system.

www.suntimes.com...

No we havent scrapped free trade at all. Its the core principal of the EU
Some restrictions have been proposed but not implemented as yet and I doubt they ever will be.
The EU is doing fine. France and Germany are above their targets mainly because Germany is still rebuilding East Germany and France is still having problems with its Agricultural policy.

It isnt a flawed system at all and for the everyday person works quite well.
The problem is the egomaniacs who want the EU to become some sort of Eurostate with its own army and foreign policy etc etc.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
It isnt a flawed system at all and for the everyday person works quite well.
The problem is the egomaniacs who want the EU to become some sort of Eurostate with its own army and foreign policy etc etc.

I just don't see a superstate coming into being anytime soon with two of the core countries having such serious problems. Also, I don't think all of France's problems can be dumped on the doorstep of poor agricultural policy. Agriculture only employs 6% of the workforce, but unemployment last year was at 8.7%!

www.ambafrance-au.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think the EU was designed to bring us closer to a public one world government.

Next will be the NAU (North American Union), then the Asian Union.

Then it's only a matter of combining each of those unions.

Yippeeee!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoobieDoobieDo
I think the EU was designed to bring us closer to a public one world government.

Next will be the NAU (North American Union), then the Asian Union.

Then it's only a matter of combining each of those unions.

Yippeeee!!!!

Like I said, someone's fevered pipe dream that will never come to fruition. The EU is faltering, only the most diehard EU fans will deny that. It could work, but the respective countries are not willing to put the needs of the union above their own.

top topics

join