It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news, paranoid strain/truth virus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Fox news, paranoid strain/truth virus

www.youtube.com

Michelle Malkin "Fox news Contributer" Syndicated Columnist, "it's there on the internet and these people are absolutely rabid and they are impervious to reason or logic..."
John Gibson- "where is flight 77 (laughter) and where are all these people?"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
here is Fox being so biased, I'm not a big follower of their news, but she attacks ron paul/alex jones and all 'truthers', detailing how our search for the truth is a virus"infecting" people and calling for the media to attack the ones questioning for the truth. She attacks the open discussion and questions posed by fellow bloggers and ignorance deniers just like us all here on ats.com and Fox portrays her as if it were their opinion!

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
"Paranoia Strain"

"Truth Virus"

Fox speaks in Propaganda talk. Newspeak. Double Talk, call it what you will, but I can't understand how people accept it?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I guess you could equate the truth to a virus, but a virus that helps clean the body and mind out not destroy it like propaganda from FOX news and any other news organization.

Don't listen to these ignorant people. They'd rather sit and watch armageddon happen than do anything to prevent it. War is the only thing on these people's minds. Ignore them, they aren't worth the garbage thrown into the dump.

I'd rather be 'paranoid' and awake than 'asleep' and blindly ignorant. What a bunch of assholes.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I wish there was a truth VIRUS we could infect all Americans with to WAKE THEM THE HELL UP to waht is happening. How simple and easy that would be to show them, instead we are left with combating propaganda, newspeak, lies and crapola.

If anyone comes up with this TRUTH VIRUS, please release it in Washington D.C.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This link was posted in another thread, but I felt it was pretty relevant and funny.

Pray for FOX News

A brief summary:

I lie on the beach with Hillary-Ann, a chatty, scatty 35-year-old Californian designer. When I hear her say, " Of course, we need to execute some of these people," I wake up. Who do we need to execute? She runs her fingers through the sand lazily. "A few of these prominent liberals who are trying to demoralise the country," she says. "Just take a couple of these anti-war people off to the gas chamber for treason to show, if you try to bring down America at a time of war, that's what you'll get. Then things'll change."

Two elderly New Yorkers who look and sound like late-era Dorothy Parkers, minus the alcohol poisoning. They live on Park Avenue, they explain in precise Northern tones... One of the Park Avenue ladies declares that she gets on her knees every day to "thank God for Fox News".

This next line is my favorite

"The civilised countries should invade all the oil-owning places in the Middle East and run them properly. We won't take the money ourselves, but we'll manage it so the money isn't going to terrorists."

What nation is 'civilized?' The US? Ha, the only country to drop an atom bomb and the one that the whole world hates. That makes sense. Everyone else must be too dumb to understand us right?

Though Hari wrongly labels these neocon worshippers as "conservatives" it is telling that he discovers that they consider themselves to be "joining the winning team". They know deep down that true American values are being obliterated but have decided to embrace what is being offered to them instead. Trapped in a false left/right paradigm and failing to see that there is only one "team" that they cannot join, in reality these people are looked upon as nothing more than useful idiots by the elite masters they pander to.

And of course the best part of the whole article:

The false conservatives however continue to tell us that we must give up our liberties and support the expansion of government power to monolithic proportions.

This is the reality of the greatest threat to freedom in America in the 21st Century and what we must move to combat if liberty is to win out. To these soulless followers of the globalist elite, war is the new peace, slavery is the new freedom, ignorance is the new strength and blind worship of tyranny is the new conservatism.

I guess ignorance is the new black. What goes well with ignorance, hate?
I'll have to start terror bombing Muslims I guess so I can fit in with my colleagues right?
And assassinating quote un quote liberals such as Hilldog who is nothing more than a neocon in disguise. What a bunch of bull.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Does this mean that there are journalists here annoyed with the views of people on here?
Theyre just sore that nobodys taking their stories seriously .Maybe theyre not selling many newspapers nowadays because people are compiling their own theories about news and the reporters sway or opinions are being discounted.
The bbc is in trouble for falsiyfing news for ratings.
They say the truth hurts.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
right, i found this shortly after watching a video from some guy who was calling out for the truth and proclaiming no one will ever take his guns away. This news snip just stood out to me how the two sides are tensing up and such outlandish claims being made against the "truthers". I would have understood Fox bringing on a columnist to state how he/she disagreed with the truth movement and her own anayltical perception of the facts, which in my opinion proclaim in themselves only the truth, which is why said event never occurs. No instead all you get is nonsensical name calling, bashing and comparisons between people seeking TRUTH and people with VIRUSES, wading in CES? POOLS, since when did a virus have anything to do with an ideal or opinion people were generating? the only thing comparable in my opinion is, if you catch a virus you fall under it's program and you (or atleast your body) wants to spread it andddd.. if you read something that has FACTS to back it up, you form an educated opinion that it is TRUE. and thus quite possibly feel a need to expose others to the facts knowing that it will "infect" them with "truth"
you'd think a columnist would have read fahrienthet 451 sometime in her life

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
i really wish there was a way to shut that station down... fox news is the worst source for news on this planet... and all that report for them. i watch cnn and msnbc but we all know all media is 90% bull#... i'd rather watch cnn or msnbc.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
tracey, yes exactly, they don't name ats.com specifically but she is definitely talking about 'us' debunkers, or in her words... "tin foil hat wearers"

this is her website:
michellemalkin.com...

it's not exactly what i expected, but then i clicked on columns and started reading her articles, i don't know if i should have created this thread to just discuss her, or everything that was said in that Fox news snippet i posted...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It should be inbumbent on the news to debunk...?

Fox should tell the news and nothing more. It would appear that news to them is whatever their personal opinions happen to be

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by uv777bk...
Fox should tell the news and nothing more. It would appear that news to them is whatever their personal opinions happen to be

I completely agree, but it just isn't going to happen, i haven't been this mad at a news report in the long time, there isn't a word in it i wouldn't want to

rarrrrr

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by uv777bk

Don't you remember they are 'fair and balanced.'

This is a lyric from Immortal Technique's 4th Branch (of the government - Media)

And you know it's serious
When these same media outfits are spending millions of dollars on a PR campaign
To try to convince you they're fair and balanced
When they're some of the most ignorant, and racist people
Giving that type of mentality a safe haven

Fomenting Ignorance is the FOX Way!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I wonder why they called out just the democrats in their little 'survey'. They should show a total polled, percent of republicans polled, along with the percentage of democrats polled. I'm sure the percentage is close.

Besides, I am so totally through with this two sided government bs. I hope we get to finally see an independent debate.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hmmm.

Well, Propaganda techniques can be used from all sides I guess

So

Stop the Fox Pox (hows that for a slogan?)

And maybe, instead of "news reporter" we should be referring to Fox "views reporters"

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
it's our right to question our own government. people should at least not be ridiculed for researching the truth about 9/11. This topic needs to be taken extremly seriously by the media even if the official story ends up being true.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The truth being a virus wasn't originally invented by FOX.

Culture Jamming 101

"Truth is a Virus." When I first saw this phrase, defiantly spray-painted on the walls of a suburban high-school, it thrilled me. So what if it was only a fantasy image in a Hollywood movie (Pump up the Volume, the Christian Slater film about a pirate radio station)? It was infectious. As a political activist, it made immediate, intuitive sense; it became my mantra. I want to infect the body politic. I want to unleash a viral epidemic of truth.

www.911truthvirus.com...

REP. RON PAUL, R-TEXAS, GOP PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: They attack us because we've been over there, we've been bombing Iraq for 10 years. We've been in the Middle East. I think Reagan was right. We don't understand the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics.

RUDY GIULIANI, GOP PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: That's an extraordinary statement of someone who lived through the attack of Sept. 11, that we invited the attack because we were attacking Iraq. I don't think I've ever heard that before and I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for Sept. 11.

GIBSON: And that was Republican vs. Republican. According to a recent Rasmussen Report poll, 35 percent of Democrats think President Bush knew about the 9/11 attacks beforehand. The so-called 9/11 Truth Movement has already infected people like Rosie O'Donnell and one in three Democrats, and many other people, Americans evidently, including Congressman Ron Paul. With me now is FOX News contributor and syndicated columnist Michelle Malkin.

So, Michelle, this stuns me. It wouldn't have stunned me had it come up in the Democratic debate, but it's a jaw-dropper to see it in the Republican debate.

MICHELLE MALKIN, SYNDICATED COLUMNIST: It is and it doesn't belong here. And I'm glad that this moment provided great TV for FOX News — it was a very instructive exchange — but Ron Paul really has no business being on stage as a legitimate representative of Republicans, because the 9/11 truth virus is something that infects only a very small proportion of people that would identify themselves as conservative or Republican. And as you say, John, this is far more prevalent, this strain of 9/11 truth virus, on the left, and in much of the mainstream of the Democratic Party as that Rasmussen poll showed.

GIBSON: Why did 35 percent of Democrats believe it, and I think it's another 26 percent haven't quite made up their mind about it?

MALKIN: Well, I think part of it is what Charles Krauthammer has famously called "Bush derangement syndrome." I think that pathology has taken hold among many Democrats who would consider themselves mainstream, so anything that they could do to suspect or blame him for America's problems — and particularly the terrorist attack — they're willing to believe. I think a lot of it is just plain ignorance, and then there's a, you know, paranoid strain on the left. I talked about this in my book, "Unhinged," of tinfoil hat wearers who indulge in this kind of fantasy where America bears the blame for global jihad.

www.foxnews.com...

I can't even deal with this kind of ignorance. I don't even respect their opinions, its all complete denial and complacence.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
And as it goes on, thanks for the link..

"MALKIN: Well, they certainly bear the blame for mainstreaming it. Rosie O'Donnell and Alec Baldwin and Charlie Sheen, I believe, but it's there on the Internet and these people are absolutely rabid, and they are impervious to reason or logic. And it's good that we have magazines, publications like Popular Mechanics out there slogging everyday. There are a lot of blogs as well that have been debunking a lot of these 9/11 conspiracy theories. This war is going on on places like YouTube and in social networking places, but I think it's an incumbent on mainstream news outlets to debunk these people and I don't think you see nearly enough of that outside of FOX News."

So... the debunker's are the ones that need debunking and more mainstream resources for news need to start injecting there own virus into the virus of truth besides fox??? really what is going on? how did Malkin even get represented on a major news organization.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The truth will come to the surface as it always does. We just need the wisdom to know what it is when it happens. I believe that the truth about JFK and Pearl Harbor and the likes have been exposed to some extent, but the trickle is so slow that when it comes together, most just shrug it off and go on with surviving another day. Over time the truth becomes whatever the most popular theory was that has survived to date. With each passing generation the impact of an event loses it's strength until such a time that it becomes trivial and historical speculation.

The truth virus is a wonderful concept. The attempt to use it as a slur againgst us backfired painfully and they know it. MSM knows that we the people of today are more informed about the world than they are comfortable with. Media will always do as thier benefactor's wish. They will spin and bend the facts because that is what they do. What scares them is the fact that more people see them as they really are and are getting their info elsewhere. Yes the truth virus is scary, it should be to those who fear being exposed. We are on to you and we will call you on all lies you force on us.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The news that i find important in newspapers always seems to be small and near the middle of the newspaper and when we comment on these small findings we get ridiculed.
Id say watch out for falsies in these sections just in case they decide to set us up for ridicule.You never know it could end up in an article with our names crossed out.
We should have a newspaper burning .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join