It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

man shot dead in us governors office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
spotted this story news.bbc.co.uk... from monday. i'm just suprised i didn't hear about it here already.

a man claiming to be 'the emperor' was shot dead in the office of colorado governor bill ritter. he said "he was going to take over the state government"

did anybody else hear about this story as it seems it should have been much bigger news than it apparently was?

Edit: syntax.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm just a bit surprised he managed to bypass the metal detectors (there were metal detectors, right?). Yeah, I heard a brief blurb about this on a St. Louis radio station yesterday, the Missouri state government was understandably alarmed by this development and was accordingly raising security at the state capital.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I heard about this being mentioned on CNN twice in the last two days.

I'm curious what he thought he was the Emperor of.

Apart from that I want to know why the police did'nt shoot to disable, instead of
shooting to kill, since from what I understand they had the time to do it.

[edit on 7/18/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I heard about this being mentioned on CNN twice in the last two days.

I'm curious what he thought he was the Emperor of.

Apart from that I want to know why the police did'nt shoot to disable, instead of shooting to kill,
since from what I understand they had the time to do it.

Put yourself in the police's shoes, Iori, a lunatic with a gun is truly an unnerving situation.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The news when I heard it said the building had metal detectors shortly after Sept. 11, but were removed shortly after??? I guess it cost too much to keep em plugged in and for the staff to search everyone that walked in.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by M4K4V3LI
The news when I heard it said the building had metal detectors shortly after Sept. 11, but were removed shortly after??? I guess it cost too much to keep em plugged in and for the staff to search everyone that walked in.

I think it's worth it when you consider the great potential for assassination at such locations...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by M4K4V3LI

Probably, I heard on CNN that they only plug them in when the governor is giving his State of the State Speech and after that they are turned off until the next year. At least they have the state troopers to provide protection, if they really had their way they would probably just have unarmed high school dropout security guards.

Im not sure how it is up in Albany but I think the New York State Police has a troop dedicated to providing security at the state capitol building, governors residence/governors security detail, state office buildings, etc. I dont know if they have metal detectors but since the county government office buildings have them plus unarmed DPW hired contracted security guards plus deputy sheriffs to provide an armed presence I would imagine the state capitol and state government office buildings have a similar system.

top topics

join