It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way we are!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I dont know what's happening with this world to be honest.

I mean I was just sat in my car waiting to collect my child from school, and it came on the news that the BBC are going to suspend all phone in's from midnight tonight because of false calls and falls this and that, and I thought my god the greed and the sheer vulgarity of people even now extends to the BEEB who are doing this in our faces.

We as humans are becoming so greedy, and I asked myself why is this, why has it come to the stage where people need more and more just to get through the day.

I personally think that everyday we see such wealth and beauty on our TV screens, in magazines and just shoved in our faces, that we need to grab anything we can just to seen as equal to people who are no different to us really, and have so much compared to normal people on the street.

Because of credit now and the pretty easy way to get cash we cant really afford, it has meant that people now are able to afford mercedes benz, bmw etc when really they shouldnt do, and really people who havent got much shouldnt really try to afford it because it causes so much stress, anger, anxiety, jealousy in the world, that I think we all need to take a step back and see that not everything in life is just about wealth, but its really back to who people are and thats just as child makers for the next generation so we keep the human race going.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
you're right on this.

Where I grew up it was all about "flossing" or "poppin tags". How you came into the money or items didn't matter. Definately teaching the children the wrong thing. I was always one who found it that having those things just didn't fit me. It never will and I'm fine with that. I don't understand the whole harping on money thing. The whole credit system is a scam anyway, but it's not like we learn THAT young. We're being conditioned to chase the crumbs and scraps from those who truly are doing the trimming, scamming and robbing. It's the whole divide and conquer thing. Too busy worrying bout self and where this is coming from and how to pay this and that, divides us as people. Meanwhile the ones who are in control fleece us more everyday. All that along with the subliminals and conditioning and its no wonder why people are so greedy.

it's all material, once upon a time we understood that.

it's funny that I'm reading this b/c I was going to post a thread asking if other people are finding it hard to deal with others lately, especially loved ones.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The word must be spread to everyone that a life lived solely for self is not gratifying!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yes when I was young, and I'm only 32 it seemed that you either had it or you didnt. My father and monther worked and kept us togged out and we had what we wanted for xmas, but they never ever thought of buying a merceds benz, or moving to a bigger house for no reason, or putting our happiness as a family at risk just to get more and more stuff!

I used to wonder when I used to hear people say that human beings are horrible, greedy etc and now as a father and seeing all the trouble in the world, I sit up and worry in bed at the though of what my children who are young are going to expect of me financially, and to top that of, what am I supposed to be doing when viewed upon by others.

Thanks for replying guys, this is my very first post, I know its no conspiracy or anything, but just thought Id get it on the table, to see what others thought.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Because of credit now and the pretty easy way to get cash we cant really afford, it has meant that people now are able to afford mercedes benz, bmw etc when really they shouldnt do,

I drive a 7 year old (2000 model) Ford F150 4x4 and thats all that I need. I paid 10k cash for it a couple of years ago, so I have no payments and Ill drive it till that engine goes, then I'll either buy another engine or another used truck.
When I was younger I thought that I always had to drive a new vehicle so when my trucks got about 2 years old I would trade them in for another new one. Doing that assured that I always had a truck payment for about 10 years in a row, never again though.
I dont own a single credit card, everything I buy is paid for in cash or debit card. I will never allow a company to charge me anywhere from 15 to 30 percent interest rates. If i cant afford it then I dont buy it, or I save up until I can.
edit: by the way, I am 38 now

[edit on 7/18/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
^
That's the way to do it. I see these $30,000 a year millionaires driving around Dallas in a brand new SUV, with the windows rolled down in the summer heat because they're so in debt and gas is so high that they can't afford to run the A/C! I'll stick with my 91 Tercel and no debt at all thank you very much. BTW, I'm going to Vegas at the end of the month.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am still thinking about this subject, and to me the governments of the world can control us better when we are in debt, because we then are so pre-occupied with how to pay it off, and so we need our jobs more and more, so that we dont give any sort of uprising our revolution a thought.

If we do speak up then, our jobs are at risk and so we fear losing our homes and so on.

Its the best form of people control in my eyes.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Of course they can, multi. They designed it that way. I have this tome of a book about the Rockefellers. It chronicles the family history and contains alot of their philosophies and thoughts. I'd suggest to you to read it but you'd be horrified. I was. One phrase that has always stuck was, "Only the wealthy should have money. The poor don't know what to do with it".

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
William cooper said in behold the pale horse, that when he was young, being in debt was seen as anti social.

But now if you aren't in debt you cannot do alot of things, i.e you need a credit card etc today.

The bbc is just run by mi5 so why do you think they will be some good company.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I used to work as a collection agent for one of the big credit card issuers, worst job ever lol.. Its amazing how easy ones credit can be ruined by just being even a few days late with your payment. Youd think that the banks would want you to make huge payments to get the debt paid off quickly but that isnt always the case.
We would encourage customers to make the minimum payments due every month so that the maximum amount of debt would accrue the maximum amount of interest on the account, making the company more money.
Working for this company opened my eyes to how these companies/banks work and being able to see it from their perspective was what caused me to leave that line of work, cancel all my cards and pay off the truck I had, never to buy another vehicle on credit again.
I've been saving up for years to buy a home with cash to avoid the ball and chain called a mortgage and working one or two more major hurricanes will allow me this opportunity.
Some people see credit as a "godsend" that allows them to live way beyond their means but it comes at a great cost.
I wouldnt go as far as to say that debt is a government conspiracy against citizens but it is certainly a form a control and there is nothing that I hate more than someone trying to control me in any way.

edit:
By the way, good topic multi. Most people dont see debt as a problem until its got them firmly in their grasp and its to late.
Some even see their debt as some type of "badge of honor" in some twisted way, bragging about how high their mortgages or car payments are

While its true that you need a Visa/Mastercard to do many things, rent a hotel , a car or whatever but a Check Card will substitute just fine. Also there are many ways to obtain a pre-paid card, I have one that I gave to my 13 year old. When he does good, which is most of the time lol, I add some funds and when he doesnt, I take away.

[edit on 7/19/2007 by Kr0n0s]

new topics

top topics

join