It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Live Forever As Machines?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
check out stuff by paul davies if you're into this type of question.the last three minutes especially.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lightseeker

a super computer might hold my soul and I could live for along time. But once our sun becomes a supernova and ends up burning our planet , it will eventually burn the supercomputer thus eliminating my virtual existence.

if the super computer is sent to space before tis happens then as long as the power supply keeps the computer running then my existence can be prolonged.

long time possibly...forever? i don't know....

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

this might exist right now look into the theory of MEMES

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think it is more likely that we will clone ourselves and either transfer our thoughts into a empty younger clone brain or transplant our current brains into a younger version of ourselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
well i believe someone touched the part that what goes on in the brain can only go on in the brain which is why i support a cyber brain ran body better.where the brain is just transfered into a body that has the components to keep is alive.which is another big thing wanted to strive to.you know an artificial lung with artificial blood the only thing is you would still need to eat something unless they make a machine that can fabricate all nutrients internally which doesn't sound to sci-fi now with synthetic diamond, plastic, and plants it would be awesome because the brain would maintained and there would not be a loss of flowing oxygen or healthy brain type foods but that is what i would lean to more or less because it just sounds safer a good show for examples would be one called ghost in the shell i don't think it goes into the body dynamics but it gives you a basic point but in the show it gives still a scary thought hackers.......with either choice the big super computers or cyber brain we will have threats of hackers in the show the laughing man

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join