It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four men jailed over cartoon demo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Four men jailed over cartoon demo

newsvote.bbc.co.uk

Four men have been jailed for their part in protests outside the Danish embassy in London, against cartoons satirising the Prophet Muhammad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well wonder if this will cause a backlash from the Muslim Community, Or will the moderates come out and say the four men deserved the jail sentence. I think being jailed for 6 years is not enough. They will be out at least 4 years if they behave themselves while in jail. Sentences should have been made longer, after all they called for the death of british citizens in the UK.

newsvote.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Spencer,
I remember when this first happened. I think it was being blown way out of proportion. It is just a friggin cartoon!
I don't know if the term is long enough or not. But I do know that when extreemest go into jail they come out more extreme then when they go in. That is bad.
I would like to get a copy of the cartoon if you have managed to find one. I would post it. Its just a cartoon!

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I would like to get a copy of the cartoon if you have managed to find one. I would post it. Its just a cartoon!

If I can obtain a copy of the cartoon, I do not know if I would be allowed to post it on ATS or this section of the forum. Will need to ask the mods if this is allowed first. Do not want to be warned for posting something innappropiate. Will ask for clarification first oks.

Oks what I have found is a link for you to look @ the cartoon pics in question, I am not brave enough to post the cartoons on here incase I am warned.
Link is below

Danish Cartoons

You yourself has to make the decision weither or not to post them oks.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Spencer,
Thanks a bunch for the link. I like the message of free speech on the page. I think everyone should take a look at it.

top topics

join