It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads by government saying be prepared for catastrophic event.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
In New York for the first time i remember since 911 a add was on tv around new years saying add being prepaired for a catostrophic even to your new years resolution.Then as far as i remember it said all the usual(have a plan,first aid kit etc.).

Just a week ago i saw another one,this one of course did not mention new years heh.Anyway why these adds out of the blue,its been 6 years all of a sudden the threats is this much bigger?

Yes i know current announcements have made some sobering announcements on terrorist actions and successes but what about the one right around new years?

Also im wondering if anyone else remembers these adds from this past new years and what state they are from.And if anyone remembers these adds being aired before this most recent new years.

Thanks

wow did i mess up the title lol,any way that can be fixed ?

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Project_Silo]

[mod edit: title - spelling]

[edit on 18-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Please provide more information. What tv channel was it on ? Did it mention anything in specific ?

thx

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Just more fearmongering. The thing I really liked was when Chertoff told the country of his "gut-feeling" in regards to an upcoming attack. New Year's is just another holiday, and they seem to think that holidays would be a good time for an attack.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
No it did not mention anything specific just a catostrophic event have food water first aid all that.It said have enough supplies for two weeks.

I tried to google it and nothing came up.Ill look harder and try to post a link for you.I really hope some other states say they heard this because ill move if they did'nt.When i first saw it after new years i rambled on about it to my gf for about 1 hour or so,i cannot stand how they are just pointing this crap out to us.We can see our fate before it even happens..

www.govexec.com... is the best i can do..not much about it.I guess ready.gov will lend more answers also.

This is the first three paragraphs of this website.
"The Homeland Security Department has rolled out a new crop of commercials designed make families aware of the need to prepare for catastrophic emergencies including the aftermath of terrorism.
However, the new public service announcements never mention terrorism as they direct viewers to the government disaster preparedness Web site Ready.gov.
While the Web site's focus was explicitly on terrorism when it was launched in 2003, Homeland Security officials said the agency is now moving toward an "all hazards" campaign."

Hrmm.also here is ready.gov www.ready.gov...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
Ill be on google right now looking give me a minute or two im sure i can find something.And i swear on everything i love I'm not making this up.I honestly forgot about it untill i saw the one last week.Well any input on if they you heard these adds in your state would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, I'm fairly certain something is going to happen soon based on ALL the media hype about an attack.. Anything you can provide will help.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I read this artical yesterday on BBC News Website;

Residents of Australia's biggest city, Sydney, have been urged to pack a survival kit to prepare for a terrorist attack or a natural disaster.

See the link;

news.bbc.co.uk...

The local authority wants people to put together an emergency "Go-Bag", including maps, food and a radio.

Officials have denied the campaign is a government attempt to create fear and enhance national security credentials ahead of elections due later this year.

Eyeball

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
On CNN at 4 in the morning, sometimes I see ads by Ready.gov. And usually in the ad they say don't rely on the government to be able to help you, which is what they also say on the website somewhere.

Not the most comforting thing to hear, but at least they're honest in wake of the entire Katrina fiasco.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

AND;

“Sarah, if the American people had ever known the truth about what we Bushs have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched.” George H. W. Bush said this in December 1992 in an interview with Sarah McClendon, the longest serving White House correspondent.

Maybe you should listen, these people know what they are talking about...

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Firstly, I'm stealing this quote for my signature. I hope you don't mind.

Going back to the topic...I have also seen a lot of these warnings on the News lately, though I don't remember the one around New Year's. Though, if something does actually happen in the near future, thats just more proof that the gov't had something to do w/ it. Though, I wonder whats up w/ the notice to pack 2 weeks of food. That makes me a little bit paranoid.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I live in NY and have been seeing these commercials lately. I wanted to make a thread about it as well but was to lazy.. The one's I've been seein have Bush sr and Bill Clinton.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
There is no way that the American government or, for that matter, any government can anticipate any and all disasters. Nor is it possible for the U.S. government --or, again, any government -- to be able to guarantee the health, safety and welfare of every American in the eventuality of a major act of terrorism or natural catastrophe: i.e., earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, floods and the like. It is simply impossible.

Asking Americans to be prudent, to anticipate emergencies and to prepare is only rational, responsible and, to be frank, timely.

There was a time when Americans had pride in themselves and their sense of self sufficiency. Where did that quality disappear to? Have Americans become a nation of the "helpless"? Is it wrong to be prepared for power failures and blackouts? Is it wrong for the government to remind people that natural disasters can and do occur anywhere and without warning? Is it wrong to suggest that Americans maintain a basic cache of supplies: water, food, medicines, blankets and personal "essentials"?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
^^

I'm far from dependant on the goverment but i fully understand what you mean.

I'm not all frightend or begging the goverment for super protection.I'm simple saying if your gonna do this # to us,please dont rub it in our face by announcing it forever before it happens..

Oh hes gonna throw a rock at you,oh yea hes definalty gonna throw a rock at you,here he comes oh wait hes already here look.

Bang i hit you in the head with a rock wwhile you were looking at him.haha

frustration to no end my friend..to no end

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
In New York, the fear campaign is a fine art.
I lived in NYC in 2005, and noticed right away that the barrage of conditioning was absolutely constant.

In a huge underground hallway between subway platforms, beneath downtown NYC, There are actual signs on the beams overhead in stark black letters saying things like "GIVE UP", then "WHY BOTHER?",... and so on, all the way down the hall! Just like the signs in "They Live". (Anyone else ever see what I'm talking about? Saw it twice while I was there.)

The overall fear campaign is much less noticeable now that I live in another state. Of course, nothing like NYC,... I did love it there regardless...

top topics

join