It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel While Sleeping?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Do you ever have dreams where you are in the olden days or flying in a car? Do you think when your sleeping, thats when your mind uses its actual power to take you to places back and forth without you even knowing it. Kind of like a Butterfly Effect.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by scottr.]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
If that were true, we could change our realities just by dreaming. What an... interesting.. world we'd create if we could do that.

Cool idea, but not very likely.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The idea is not half as "Skunk Works" as you may imagine.

Can I suggest that you track down a copy of a book called "An Experiment With Time" by J W Dunne.

Dunne wrote this and a number of other books in the 1920s and 30s which explored the concept that the linear nature of time was merely our conceptualisation and that the past the present and the future actually all coexist. His belief, based on his experiences of a number of precognitive dreams, was that whilst dreaming we are able to break away from this conventional relationship with time and experience the past and the future.

The book was a classic in its day and inspired, amongst other things, JB Priestley's play "An Inspector Calls".

The primary experiment he sets out is practical and very easy to participate in and even if you cannot verify his theories what you will certainly end up doing is having a fascinating time collating and analysing your dreams as the cornerstone of the experiment is to keep a dream log.

It's many years since I read it and kept a dream log but, by coincidence, I got hold of a copy of the book just a couple of weeks ago to replace my Dad's old copy which fell to pieces after several years under my bed as a teenager.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by timeless test]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I am kind of new to this place and when I posted, I didnt know what I did but it ended up here.

Back to the subject. I saw on this show that this woman kept on dreaming about her "dream home" like in her dream she was walking through it and looking in rooms and all. But she said that there were always people in the house.
When He and her husband went looking for a house to buy, They stumbled across the home in her dreams. They went inside to talk to the realato?r because it was an open house. Anyway, They went in and waited in the kitchen. The onwer comes out from one of the rooms to greet them when she looked at the woman. She freaked out and walked away. The Realator ran after her to check what was wrong.

After a while they both came back in the room and the owner apalogized to the woman and explained to them why she did what she did.

SHE TOLD THE WOMAN " YOU ARE THE ONE THAT WAS HAUNTING THIS HOUSE"

That was the reason why she was selling her house because the ghost that was haunting it was the woman that was having the dreams that she was in her house.

So I guess this isnt a time traveling example but more of an out of body experience. Overal she was dreaming.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Now bi-location is a more readily acceptable theory than time travel, in my opinion. That's actually somewhat feasible too, as we know from physics that electrons from our bodies can go as far from us as the Moon, go around it, and find their way back to our single body.

Yup, bi-location for the win on this one, I'm afraid. I like it.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
As a long time lucid dreamer (one who becomes consciously aware in the dream state), I have had numerous lucid dreams in which I experimented with gathering unknown, future oriented information. Some other experienced lucid dreamers have done the same, and with similar apparently valid results.

In the book, Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self, ( www.lucidadvice.com... ), there is a chapter on this, as well as chapters on using lucid dreaming to heal one's self, mutual lucid dreaming, exploring concepts while consciously aware in the dream state.

Aware in the dream state, you can consciously seek out future information. It may be that the unconscious mind has super computing abilities, and thus, can predict likely events. In any case, science could work with lucid dreamers to explore this more deeply, as experienced lucid dreamers are beginning to report this more frequently.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
As a long time lucid dreamer (one who becomes consciously aware in the dream state), I have had numerous lucid dreams in which I experimented with gathering unknown, future oriented information. Some other experienced lucid dreamers have done the same, and with similar apparently valid results.

In the book, Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self, ( www.lucidadvice.com... ), there is a chapter on this, as well as chapters on using lucid dreaming to heal one's self, mutual lucid dreaming, exploring concepts while consciously aware in the dream state.

Aware in the dream state, you can consciously seek out future information. It may be that the unconscious mind has super computing abilities, and thus, can predict likely events. In any case, science could work with lucid dreamers to explore this more deeply, as experienced lucid dreamers are beginning to report this more frequently.

top topics

join