It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Tampering With Images From Mars Rover Spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Look at the calibration image here:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Then look at the sundial at the bottom-center of this image:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Nasa is playing games with the color.

[Edited on 11-1-2004 by AArchAngel]

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
They've done it before. Doesn't surprise me.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
LOL! No they wouldn' t do that now.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That's more than normal color correction games. There has been some serious modifications of the color channels (R, G, and B). I wonder why.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well one theory is that Mars has considerably more atmosphere than we are being told that it has. The idea being that on the surface it is a light blue sky. In other words it is not complete redness like they are wont to always present to us.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
AArchAngel, your find has been created as an ATSNN news story. If you'd like, I can change the authorship to come from you instead of me... if not, I'd appreciate a response from you on the news thread: www.atsnn.com... With your comments on what you originally thought when you discovered the odd color issues.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
and where exactly is it meant to get it's light blue colour from? All the water on the surface of mars that is soo clearly visible?
Gimme a break.

he only reason our atmosphere lokos blue is because the Earth is covered with something like 70% Ocean/water.

That's why we have our blue atmosphere.

You find an ocean of water on mars, then i might accept a more atmosphere theory.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE and where exactly is it meant to get it's light blue colour from?
The sunlight. Look at the reference shot of the sundial... blue is perfect. But in the panorama... blue is nearly pink, and green is biege.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I remember reading about the first rover, that they also tampered with the image then...

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
now that i've sobered up after a wonderful 3 hours of sleep...

My mind has a question!

Why is it that they can control the rover I am guessing from afar, right? Instantly I am assuming, but it takes them an assload of time to send images back to earth...

Or does the rover know exactly what to do?

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Has anyone noticied, what appears to be a rectangular "hole" in the smaller rock, next to the large rock on the left hand side of the screen?
Could be a shadow, but who knows

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If I were to guess about WHY I would say that Mars really has a blue-ish sky, and 'they' are hiding it from us.

It does make me wonder why they would do such a poor job on the images. You would think they would fix the colors on the sundial.

Anyone here a photshop expert?

Can you 'fix' this image so that the colors are correct on the sundial?

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
im sure NASA said it does have a blue sky at certain times of day but its mostly redish most time though, also i did reas somewhere that mars was meant to be comming out of an ice age so maybe it will warm up.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Could we move discussion to this thread? www.abovetopsecret.com... I'm attempting to publicise AArchAngels find, and the news website is more efficient than ATS for high traffic.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
"the only reason our atmosphere lokos blue is because the Earth is covered with something like 70% Ocean/water. "

uhhh, i dont think thats quite right.
the ocean is blue because the atmosphere is blue not the other way around

top topics

join