It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does everyone think of Michael Vick?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia

Originally posted by slackerwire
I think Michael Vick should be executed. Assuming he doesn't get murdered in prison, I sincerely hope he becomes someones wife.

Well gee, with that sensibility, I'd love to hear what you think should be done to minor drug offenders and other petty criminals..

I dont think anything should be done to minor drug offenders, it is a victimless crime and the government has no authority to decide what someone may put into their own body.

As for your other "petty criminals", I guess that all depends on what the petty crimes were.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Quote Vick "they just dogs, what's a few dogs worth, why does anyone bother about this"

Well Mr. Vick I'd say a few dogs are worth 210 million...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Predictably the NAACP came out in his defense today, asking people to forgive him.

I say execute him.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm pretty much fed up with the low lifes who play professional sports and never watch basketball and have nearly stopped watching football. If they let that scum bucket back into the league, I'll never watch a professional football game again and will do my best to boycott the sponsors.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
His games should be boycotted and i hope he gets jail time and some big Mutha called Bubba Boo gets hold of him and reams him BIG time.

He should never be allowed to play again and parents should tell their kids what a waste of a human he is and an utter oxygen thief.

Perhaps we can throw him in a bath with something to help keep the water warm - hmmm... like a toaster, hair dryer or iron. Hell, i will let him choose which he prefers.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Micheal Vick serves his time, anywhere from 10 months to as much as 5 years. He gives every evidence of regretting his actions, why shouldn't he get another chance to play? Personally, I wouldn't like it, but he's done his time, and like every other ex-convict, he's supposed to get another chance. Supposedly...

The above was hypothetical in nature, personally I've seen no such remorse, other than some ambiguously worded, lawyer read, statements earlier this week.

This is a change of opinion for me, originally I thought he shouldn't play any more ever...but if he indeed changes why not a second chance? People have been known to change, somewhat dramatically even.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Regardless of any other factor, Vick belongs in the NFL only if the NFL says so.

The NAACP has fired a shot across the bow and there will be fireworks over this eventually, but it is time for our nation to stand up and say to the world that character counts in America.

Professional sports in this nation have been overwhelmed with the worst that society has to offer in fewer years than I have been alive.

That will only change when Americans say that it's gone too far.

Money talks and in America, we speak that language.

[edit on 2007/8/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well, here's the NFL's verdict.

The commissioner said Vick’s admitted conduct was “not only illegal but also cruel and reprehensible.” Even if he didn’t personally placed bets, Goodell said, “your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL player contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player.”

Goodell freed the Falcons to “assert any claims or remedies” to recover $22 million of Vick’s signing bonus from the 10-year, $130 million contract he signed in 2004.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

He's toast.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
If they let that scum bucket back into the league, I'll never watch a professional football game again and will do my best to boycott the sponsors.

Good for you GP,

I said the same exact thing to my wife 3 weeks ago.

There is still an upside if he should return, it leaves another day to play golf!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The maximum penalty that can be brought by the law on these counts are ten years in a Federal prison. He's already done the damage to his life that can never be forgiven. It just ashames me as an NFL fan that these allegations were not brought about earlier in his career. According to reports on ESPN, Vick has been engaged in dogfighting since 2001-02.

Even though the feds are slamming the book against Mike Vick's face, the NFL has given out their version of the Book of Justice. This is one of the rare cases where the NFL has basically thrown a player out of the league for dogfighting and gambling. The gambling itself is in violation of the NFLPA's Collective Bargaining Agreement. The gambling charge itself should have gotten him thrown out of the league.

If the NFL lets Vick back into the league after his jail sentence is up, the NFL will never be the same. I also beleive that Roger Goodell or whoever is Commissioner when that happens, the Commissioner does not want to have to be the one who let a convicted felon back into the league.

Besides, have you guys looked at Vick's Career Passer Rating ever since he came in the league. It's something not to be proud no matter what team you are the owner of.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Incidence of animal abuse have a DIRECT correlation to incidence of violence against human beings. The NFL should ban Vick for life and the justice system needs to keep an eye on him after he serves his time. Please go to the Humane society website and sign the "Thank You" card to the prosecutors in this case.www.hsus.org... ghting_the_final_round/recent_activities/vick_indicted.html
getactive.peta.org... Also sign the PETA letter to Roger Goodell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join