It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does everyone think of Michael Vick?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
With him just being indicted on charges of dog fighting, what does everyone think of this?

To get people caught up, a small snippet from ESPN:

sports.espn.go.com...
Would Vick be sent to jail if he is convicted?

Yes. It's hard to imagine any other outcome. The charges are serious, and the evidence against Vick presented at trial will be nasty. The government's case includes evidence that Vick and his cohorts "tested" pit bulls for ferocity. If the dogs failed the test, the indictment charges, they were executed by hanging or drowning. In one case, with Vick present, the indictment says a dog was slammed to the ground until it was dead. In another incident, a dog was soaked with a hose and then electrocuted. Those aren't the sort of transgressions that lead to probation and community service. It's the kind of behavior that results in punishment, and the punishment will be jail time.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If convicted, he would serve some jail time, and, I imagine it would be hard for him to get out of serving time. I understand he is innocent until proven guilty, but it looks like the government has him. I'm not to sure on this, but it seems he would be the only really high profile athelete to go to jail like this, at least one as well known as he is. Personally, when I read what he and his associates allegedly did to those animals, it just makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
My guess is by the time his lawyers get done, he'll not do jail time. And since he's one of the NFL's best QBs, he probably won't get a suspension either. I could be wrong--all depends on what shows up in court.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
From what I understand it is going to be a few years before the entire court proceedings play themselves out. Regardless, it really starting to get sickening seeing all of these "professional" athletes continually doing the the dumbest and most disturbing things (dog fighting, bar incidents, DUI's, etc) knowing full-well they will eventually get caught. It's disgusting to see such golden opportunities for success wasted over trivial and mostly childish reasons.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If he did the crime he has to do the time. As much as I like him, he has seriously dissapointed many. My first thought when I saw this guy in his rookie year was that with his talent he could change the way the QB position was played for ever.

I dont think anyways that football is his priority, hes more about the bling than the ring.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I went to the smoking gun.com today and read the actual paper work. In all honesty, it really looks as if they have him.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
I went to the smoking gun.com today and read the actual paper work. In all honesty, it really looks as if they have him.

And now officially they do!

www.foxnews.com...

Is really a shame that this guy wasted his talent, I don't know if he ever will play a game again but is really, really sad.

The lesson for all this guys that want to keep it real and have their homeys all around them. Look what was their gift to Vick, a nice jail sentence. Not that I approve Vick actions in all this, but he was not the only one accused here, and I bet anything that this guys had more or the same involvement that he had.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What do I think of him? As an athlete, he's a rare one. As a man? Apparently, he's rather cruel isn't he? The latest, and worst, of a string of stupid choices has in all liklihood cost him his career...what an idiot.

JbT

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
What do I think of him? As an athlete, he's a rare one. As a man? Apparently, he's rather cruel isn't he? The latest, and worst, of a string of stupid choices has in all liklihood cost him his career...what an idiot.

I agree, well said!

What an athlete! But, what an absolute disgrace too!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I wish he would had been tried by the state, he still may be. If not tried by the state, he will get a sentence of 12 to 18 months/ he will do 87% of the time. The soonest predicted for him back in the NFL is 2010.

He will be luck if he get to go back into the NFL..

Here is the part that REALLY gets me.. It wasn't enough to fight the dogs, wish in it's self is for cowards. Play in NFL or not it he is a coward. If his dog loses, he tortures the dogs to death, by hanging then if that doesn't work he drowns them. The dog is only serving and protecting him, and that is the Best friends repayment. Dogs are only here to serve us. Pretty messed up way to pay them back in my eyes.

Any of you so-called gangsters out there, think your hard because you fight dogs, Check yourself hoe.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by SpittinCobra]

[edit on 20-8-2007 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
what do i think of michael vick?

well i think hes going to have a pretty hard time gettin' off on this one..

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
My guess is by the time his lawyers get done, he'll not do jail time. And since he's one of the NFL's best QBs, he probably won't get a suspension either. I could be wrong--all depends on what shows up in court.

He entered a plea deal today and supposedly will do 10-12 months in prison. He deserves every day of it.

I'm guessing his career is over. Can you imagine the the fan reaction of any team that would sign him. He is a public relations nightmare.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by duster]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
By the way I think he is nothing more than a street thug who happens to be a gifted athlete.

What a waste.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
With him just being indicted on charges of dog fighting, what does everyone think of this?

My thoughts?

Here is an athlete blessed with extraodinary abilities and talent with the rare privelege to earn an enormous amount of money that most of us will never have the chance to earn.

While I do not envy him for this, I am actually glad to live in a country where these things happen quite often.

Now, given this "once in a lifetime" gift and opportunity, it is obvious that some personal character flaws and a condemnable participation in an activity which is horrible to say it mildly.

Fortunately for the animals, he was caught.

Unfortunately for Vick, he did not associate himself with enough "right-minded" people who could have seen this activity as unacceptable and steer him clear of his own character flaw.

It may sound like I put the blame on his "handlers", which I don't, in the end it is his bed and he will sleep in it.

I do wonder "how in the world?", with his future, and potential earnings, that he was ever, anywhere near an activity like this.

Michael had the "brass ring"

Michael threw it away....

I just hope he will get what he deserves.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by duster
By the way I think he is nothing more than a street thug who happens to be a gifted athlete.

What a waste.

duster do you know michael vick?

is dog fighting only for street thugs?

now dont get me wrong i know dog fighting is popular in black culture, especially the young black males growing up in ghettos or areas that aren't desirable places to live

but i dont think its fair for you to call michael vick a street thug unless you've actually met him

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
he should never play again, and i thought he was a good player but the dog thing was to bad

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"What does everyone think of Michael Vick? "

I think he is a hell of an athlete.
I think he is a cruel person.
I think he is a criminal.
I think he should never play in the NFL again.
I think he pissed away a potentially great career.
I think they should put him in a room with a bunch of pit bulls and let them have their way with him.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think Michael Vick should be executed. Assuming he doesn't get murdered in prison, I sincerely hope he becomes someones wife.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
We're possibly on the brink of WWIII, and all America cares about Michael Vick and his dogs.

Yes, what he did was wrong and illegal. He's going to jail. Move on.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
I think Michael Vick should be executed. Assuming he doesn't get murdered in prison, I sincerely hope he becomes someones wife.

Well gee, with that sensibility, I'd love to hear what you think should be done to minor drug offenders and other petty criminals..

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I know its wrong and all but to show how things work differently where I'm from, the local sheriff and city manager host dog fights about once a month here, along with poker night, sort of like a "good-ol'-boy" get together on saturday nights.

But thats redneck town for ya, where we don't get to elect our officials here. The sheriff is sheriff for life unless fired by the city manager, the city manager is in for life unless quits. Only people we can vote on are city council.

I really wish I could afford to move and get out of this town that is stuck in the 50's.

but oh well, come here and dog fighting is perfectly acceptable in these parts.

sad really.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join