It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I had this weird feeling today

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I got this feeling like I was "Aware" I was alive, kind of like Deja vu so to speak, but it was like my mind was going to remember this moment forever type feeling, and it wasn't even a significant moment at all. I don't know what to think but it was weird. The only way I can explain it is, my brain slowed down for a few seconds and realized I was alive, as oppose to not even thinking about it. Does anyone else experience anything like this?




posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Yes we all do, at one time or another. I think it's just a moment of intense boredom, or a way for one's brain to try to compensate for a high stress load at that time.

Sometimes, I get a feeling like if I just concentrated a biiit more, I could make things happen just by thinking about them. That's never happened, to my knowledge, but I do strive to make it happen one day.

TheBorg



posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It's called a panic attack.



posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by albie
It's called a panic attack.


No, it's not. Take it from someone that knows a thing or two about panic attacks; it's anything but. As a matter of fact, panic attacks make you unable to do anything. They incapacitate you; at least mine do. That's a marked difference from the aforementioned symptoms. I think that this is nothing more than the person's bored, and is just allowing their minds to wander.

Easiest explanation for me.

TheBorg



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
well I was working whilst it happened, making change for 30$ and all of a sudden it was like my mind was playing out the situation from third person perspective. Kind of the same feeling as deja vu but I have never been through that situation before in that same place and with that same customer. It was as if I was living a memory from the future, thats the only way I can explain it. I know now I will remember this moment for a long time.



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by parry noid
I got this feeling like I was "Aware" I was alive, kind of like Deja vu so to speak, but it was like my mind was going to remember this moment forever type feeling, and it wasn't even a significant moment at all. I don't know what to think but it was weird. The only way I can explain it is, my brain slowed down for a few seconds and realized I was alive, as oppose to not even thinking about it. Does anyone else experience anything like this?


Yea i consider it a form of euphoria, i usually get it after ive gone on an ayahusaca journey. Maybe your brain was just clearing some clutter and you stumbled apon an old post-it note?



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by parry noid
it was like my mind was playing out the situation from third person perspective.


This happens to me every once in awhile. Feels like your living your life, but yet not? Like you are there in the now, but yet at the same time seeing and experiencing it diffrently? That's the only way I can think of to explain it...



posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

Originally posted by albie
It's called a panic attack.


No, it's not. Take it from someone that knows a thing or two about panic attacks; it's anything but. As a matter of fact, panic attacks make you unable to do anything. They incapacitate you; at least mine do. That's a marked difference from the aforementioned symptoms. I think that this is nothing more than the person's bored, and is just allowing their minds to wander.

Easiest explanation for me.

TheBorg


Er, you weren't the one experiencing it.

And I was just joking.

But when I get a panic attack I usually become very aware.

It's a suden rush of blood to the brain.

Oxygen overload.

Might not be classic panic attack. still scary.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by albie]



posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by parry noid
I got this feeling like I was "Aware" I was alive, kind of like Deja vu so to speak, but it was like my mind was going to remember this moment forever type feeling.. Does anyone else experience anything like this?


Hi parry noid,

I know exactly what you are talking about. I experience it fairly often too. At any moment it can happen and nothing in particular triggers it. Its a pivotal moment when you can be doing anything at all and suddenly the realization hits you - "Hey, I'm alive! I am living RIGHT NOW." Its an extreme mind expanding feeling. The entire world looks different to you, everything *does* slow down and you are able to see it for what it truly is. I call it the 'Bird's Eye Perspective.'

And, as another member said earlier, it feels so euphoric. For a split moment, you are able to see beyond this life, the hum drum of everyday living and going about the automatic notions.

Usually when this happens, such an intense feeling of happiness - euphoria - elation - rushes in and consumes me from the stomach area upwards. A wave of sheer excitement so intense that you feel as if you could fly in that very second. I believe this is what you were referring to.

As for what it is? Perhaps its a stepping stone towards personal evolution, or a sign that you are growing and your mind is expanding - heightened awareness developing. That's my opinion, but only you can decide what it means for you.

However, it isn't at all a panic attack. Its a very personal and intimate experience regardless.

-Mea



posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Veritas Lux Mea, You have explained exactly how I felt, It was an odd feeling like you say euphoric, almost as if a natural high. I have felt it before but never understood what to think about it. This time was different, longer lasting and stronger than before. I have also noticed a big difference in my Intuition since that moment, I just get the right answer without having to question. A few examples were different deliveries I made from work, the people gave wrong directions or not enough information but I still managed to find it without having to call or look. Like my mind knew even thought I wan not told. I have had this feel once more since then just the other day.



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join