It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about Bush from Ex-Treasury Sec. PaulO'Neill

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Don't forget to watch this very important show!!!

Tonight (January 11) on the investigative television show, "60
Minutes", Ex-Secretary of the Treasury Paul O'Neill (who served in the
Bush Jr. regime) is giving insider views of Bush and the fact that Bush
was working on invading Iraq within mere weeks of beginning the Bush
regime in 2001.

Having this kind of expose on the very long-running, nationwide "60
Minutes" television show is a clear sign that many people are now
criticizing the Bush regime.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
At least some of it is now getting out to the media. Its taken long enough time. Too little too late to do anything about the Iraq debacle though.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I wonder if these will be plans that were being implemented or just senerio plans? What I mean is we have plans to invade EVERYBODY in case we need to. But 99% are just that, plans, they will never be used. Heck somewhere we have plans to invade great britan, canada, new zealand, etc, but they will probebly never be used.

Having said that I would not doubt that this was in the plans from the start, what better way to unite the country behind a weak leader? 9-11 was the best thing that ever happened for bush although unlike a lot of you I dont think we did it. Now looking the other way is a horse of a different color, I think we new about it before it happened.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The party's over! The truth comes to light! At ltere's is ONE man with a sense of honesty.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The news media is now reading AT's on a regular basis.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What I find amusing is that if the same man gave an interview 2 years ago you all would have ignored it.

I personally would still like to know why the treasury secretary was being handed all of these memos marked "secret" regarding foreign policy. The cabinet is a fairly large group, do you think each of them gets all the "secret" memos that aren't relevant to their positions?

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
so he's lying Djarums? I guess that makes sense, after all he worked with the best liars in the business for long enough.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
JohnN, the same can be asked as you have asked:
Can the man be trusted? Is he really speaking the truth?
He is, after-all, a disgruntled ex-employee.....

The man speaks with almost the same forked-tongue as Mr. Scott Ritter does....I mean, when he is removed or fired, he says he is not angry with Bush, etc, etc., and yet, now that he has a BOOK coming out or is about out, he is now RECANTING those comments and revealing information that is or is not true and is defintiely "for those who saw the information EYES ONLY"?
Yeah.....he's definitely a DISGRUNTLED ex-employee!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Right after the CBS news did a story on Moving-on.org.

This election is going to be a hot one. I think Bush and his lying will make Clinton's look like ... well... Nothing!

How can it be compaired.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
just watched to 60 min thing...pretty damning stuff...but i think the bush admin will do the best thing they can do....nothing..they will not address the issue and waa-la..it will disappear. if there is no conflict, the media will not report on it and we all know how much the u.s. public follows anything important...i hope the o'neill people keep some pressure up.....

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Right after the CBS news did a story on Moving-on.org.

This election is going to be a hot one.

Yup, 60 minutes ran the interviews, and now a puff piece on Vermont/Dean's own Ben & Jerry's.

The interviews and revealed dates and photcopies look BAAAD for Bush, no matter the spin. It doesn't make it a slam dunk, but it does level the playing field in a campaign of dying issues.

Looks like Dean scores.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I just watched the interview. What I find interesting from the interview was that O'Neil gave the impression that Bush was not in control. Which is something I suspected all along.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I just watched the interview. What I find interesting from the interview was that O'Neil gave the impression that Bush was not in control. Which is something I suspected all along.

But he thinks he is, which is just what the Cheney/Rove line of defense against outside opinion want Bubble Boy Bush to think.

I realize this is just one man's opinion from his view of the inside, but it fits EVERY freaking thing anyone ever suspected about this administration. Frankly, I'm blown away.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

I have to agree, scarry stuff indeed. I have to wonder about all this immigration/moon-mars stuff also. Is the Bush adminastration just grabbing at straws?

I get it. They allow illegal immigrants into the US so they can work for US dirt and make the space program viable. This way we can compeat with China's moon-space mission.

Remember when Bush first took office how he slashed the NASA's budget? Remember??? He didn't want the space station either. Hmmmm.

They haven't got a #ing clue! Someone buy that man a vowl.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

The man speaks with almost the same forked-tongue as Mr. Scott Ritter does....I mean, when he is removed or fired, he says he is not angry with Bush, etc, etc., and yet, now that he has a BOOK coming out or is about out, he is now RECANTING those comments and revealing information that is or is not true and is defintiely "for those who saw the information EYES ONLY"?

regards
seekerof

Tell me Seekerof, what do you think makes him a "disgruntled ex-employee"? The lies or the arrogance?

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
What I find amusing is that if the same man gave an interview 2 years ago you all would have ignored it.

I personally would still like to know why the treasury secretary was being handed all of these memos marked "secret" regarding foreign policy. The cabinet is a fairly large group, do you think each of them gets all the "secret" memos that aren't relevant to their positions?

Because he was a part of the National Security Council. That's what gave him the right and responsibility to have these memos.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Gee let me get this straight...

the US had a prior scuffle with Saddam 10 years before and he was still left in power. So over the succeeding 10 years Saddam thumbs his nose at the US and anyone else he felt like and YOU AND ALL THE OTHER LEFTIES ARE SHOCKED that the US had no invasion plans?

LOL LOL LOL!

Grow up!

It's tough outside in the big Bad WORLD! SCArrrry!

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

Originally posted by Seekerof

regards
seekerof

Tell me Seekerof, what do you think makes him a "disgruntled ex-employee"? The lies or the arrogance?

I guess you seem to have missed a news source or something eh, Catalyst?! Any 'search' engine would have told how and why.........
Here:

"...O'Neill, who was fired by Bush in December 2002..."
Link:
www.washingtonpost.com...

Another:
"O'Neill Fired Over Masturbating Economic Policy (Dec 20 2002)
WASHINGTON, DC -- Last week Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill was forced to resign from the Bush administration, over what officials said amounted to economic masturbation."

Link:
www.dailysedative.com...

Another:
"WASHINGTON -- Never reluctant to speak his mind, former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill has aimed a few well-chosen words at President George W. Bush, describing his old boss......
O'Neill, who was dumped during a December 2002 purge of the Bush economic team,....."

Link:
www.newsday.com...

Definitely a "disgruntled employee", eh?
No "lies," no "arrogance".
He will be lucky if charges aren't placed on him for revealing "sensitive government material and documents" as well.........then again, that is "if" he is indeed telling the truth...maybe?

regards
seekerof

*edit* to fix link.

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Oh, look.
Another "dis-gruntled ex-employee", from another administration, chimes in:

"Clark Says O'Neill Book Vindicates Him"
Link:
www.newsday.com...

Memories of KOSOVO, eh General Clark?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This just in:

Democrats know they cannot win next election with lame candidates that are instantly forgettable and with policies that Joe average American hate...

so instead the party decides to...

offer bribes to anyone that will talk, hoping to get some dirt...,

stay tuned for the next well fed squealler!

LOL!

God I'm good, why the hell don't I get any recognition for it... I guess the truth hits people right between the...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join