It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ATS Story

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
^Thats one cool avatar!

nice one worldwatcher

PS: DE, story is seksay! keep it up!

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Chapter Six: DawnBreak

DeusEx lay on his bed, eyes closed and head swimming. Three days after his promotion, he was in charge of the ten people up top, divided into two squads of five. His sergeants, Springer and Saucerat helped him keep everything calm. TDH had begun establishing a chain of command, and it had more than its share of headaches. On top of that, Saucerat and Gothique�s romance was blooming quietly, judging by the low moans and squeaking sound coming through the walls. He squeezed his eyes shut, tried to block it out. Everything ground on him, from his new best friend�s relationship with Gothique to his command duties. He reached out and flicked on a CD player, let the lyrics flow out and over the grunts in the next room:

Something has to change.
Un-deniable dilemma.
Boredom's not a burden
Anyone should bear.

Deus clicked the next track button irritably as the sex got louder, more passionate.

He had alot to say.
He had alot of nothing to say.
We'll miss him.

So long.
We wish you well.
You told us how you weren't afraid to die.
Well then, so long.
Don't cry.
Or feel too down.
Not all martyrs see divinity.
But at least you tried.

He loved that song. He smiled to himself as the moans drifted out of his mind.

Standing above the crowd,
He had a voice so strong and loud and I
Swallowed his facade �cause I'm so
Eager to identify with
Someone above the ground,
Someone who seemed to feel the same,
Someone prepared to lead the way, with
Someone who would die for me.

He held his pillow tight to his head as he began to remember...

Will you? Will you now?
Would you die for me?
Don't you #in� lie.
Don't you step out of line.
Don't you #in� lie.

He drowsily remembered a concert long ago, standing in the crowds chanting and howling along to the lyrics...

You've...claimed...

So happy...

all... this... time...

So free...

that you would DIE for me...

Lighters in the air...friends all around...

Why

Now...

then

All..

are you so

Gone.

surprised

Only the distant...

to hear

faded...

your own

memories...

eu

left of his entire...

lo

miserable

gy?

Life.

Eventually it stopped, and he was falling...falling into himself and then...

DeusEx was in the middle of a forest of endless grey. He didn�t know how or why. All around him, skeletons were crucified on the suddenly wide trunks of the trees. Around each hung a two-by-four labelled with something unintelligible...but he knew these were the sins of his past. A great wind came, and they turned to dust. The breeze blew them away, leaving only the regular-sized trees. They began to bleed all around him as an overwhelming noise roared in the distance.

Deus shot awake. The noise still roared. Light flooded the room, and he winced at the brightness. Rubbing his eyes, he felt as if he had not slept more than five minutes. His joints seemed to grind at the effort to stand as he stretched, still exhausted. He looked at his clock- 3:15. Waitaminute, he thought, it was quarter to three when I when to sleep. He dragged himself over to the window. Off in the distance, he saw a sight of unimaginable horror. His eyes went wide, and his jaw dropped.

Mushroom clouds dotted the horizon.

My Brizzain! It's on FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!*flails about, getting back to writing*

DE

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by DeusEx]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
More, more! Soon! hehehe, this is great.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wow...this is excellent! Yes, definitetly more! *goes back to his 234743 rewriting of the story he might post*

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
excellent DE

don't burn yourself out, but keep going while you're on a roll.
i'm thinking we can get a full novel out of you by summer!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
DE,

Props for the tool lyrics. I think they fit the mood well.

I love tool

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Saucerat and Gothique�s romance was blooming quietly, judging by the low moans and squeaking sound coming through the walls.

OMG ! - This so funny ! ... I love it !!!!

I can't wait to read the next installment !

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Chapter 7: Whispers

Deus grabbed the radio next to his and began yelling. �C�mon, everyone up! Get moving, into the bunker!�

Flicking on the radio, he started yelling into it as he ran, snagging his gun as he pounded on each door. The sleepy people inside the rooms looked at the glow, looked dat the time, looked out the window and ran.
�#ing NUKES! Someone�s nuked the US!�

Suddenly, radio traffic picked up. People were yelling. Orders flew. He dashed downstairs behind everyone else, herding them (and giving Sauce a few not-too-gentle shoves out of spite). Still yelling at his squadmates and the radio, he pushed his way past the blast doors as RANT shoved it shut behind them.

DE looked around, making a quick count. Everyone was accounted for. Looking around, he noticed everyone was in their pajamas, except for the Gothique. Even Saucerat had managed to grab some pants, but she had just wrapped a sheet around herself, and was now looking rather embarrassed. DeusEx smirked- she deserved it, in his mind.

Deus walked down the stairs, to the Command Center and reported in. Everyone looked at him like he should be glowing green, which irritated him to no end. Lysergic passed a Geiger counter over him, reading minimal radiation. Looking over at one of the screens, he noticed someone chatting with a familiar name. Calmly, he grabbed a small, rotund teenager and literally threw him out of the chair. A glare silenced any objection.

>> You:So, hhow arecwatfenj11!22311
>>Genya: what m8?
>>You: Sorry omae, had to throw out the previous occupant of this chair. DE here.
>>Genya: How�s tricks?
>>You: I�ve had better days. What�s the news?all I�ve heard is second-hand from JB1.
>>Genya: Things over here are a mess. I�ve got a cell or too working over here. It�s martial law.
>>You: Sympathies.
>>Genya: Word is that germany, russia and france just nuked you.
>>You: sounds about right.
>>You: ANy idea why?
>>Genya:...
>>You: ?
>>Genya: Apparently to �eradicate the pentilence in the US.�
>>Genya: *pestilence
>>You: Wow.
>>Genya: Isn�t helping, either. All kinds of diseases are breaking out here, too. Riots, etc.
>>You: Oh #, gtg...Lysergic is looking pissed. Best of luck.
>>Genya: You too, mate. Stay healthy.

DE stood and quietly left, feeling a little better and a little worse. On the positive side, he wasn�t going to die of rad poisoning. On the negative side, he was still alive.

DE

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
oooh good stuff DE

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Chapter 8: Angel Dark, Demon Bright

Shoe and sockless, Deus padded down the cold concrete steps, awake but tired. JB1 was, as usual, behind his desk. He was dead asleep, stubbled chin resting on his chest, arms crossed. DE smirked, and rattled the cage. John started awake, then rubbed one eye as he glared up at the 6'4, largely shirtless DeusEx.
�What chu want, youngin�?�
�My sword. Oh, and do you know about a nice open space down here?�
�Why don�t you go up...�
�Nukes just went off, padre.�
�Sweet JESUS!�
�Yeah, yeah. Open space and the sword, remember?�
John grumbled to himself as he shuffled out towards the back of the room.
�Tenth floor silo. It�s storage but there�s bound to be SOME space.�
�Thanks.�
John stumbled a little as he retrieved the sword. Still rubbing his eyes groggily, he looked it over.
�Nice. So you�re the one with the second-best sword in-house?�
�Second?�
�SABOTWULF has a real katana.�
�Damn. Mine�s the next best thing.�
John handed the sword through the bars of the cage. Deus� hands stopped trembling when they touched his most prized possession- his sword. His hands stroked the scabbard gently, running over the carving of a wolf. The sword itself had been custom-made for him - twelve inches of handle, and thirty-two of blade. Grasping it, he drew the sword three inches. The blade still glimmered brightly, temper line running like a gentle ocean.

Deus thanked John who promptly went back to sleep as soon as Deus had cleared the door. DE began walking down the many flights of stairs, but feeling slightly better. He had worked for an entire summer to get the sword, and his parents didn�t approve in the least. DeusEx hadn�t cared in the least. It was a beautiful piece of work, made just for him. The handle was black wrapped with black underlay. Black on black on black...it virtually sucked the light in.

Finally, Deus reached the last floor of the silo. He opened the heavy door, and looked around. Crates and crates abounded, bu the center of the room seemed to be clear. The space about fifteen by ten, with bare concrete floors. He walked into the middle of the barely lit room, bare feet slapping the ground. Drawing the sword completely, he listened to it sing through the air.

Again and again, Deus went through the motion, enjoying every aspect of the exercise. The feeling of motion after the week of inactivity, and the feeling of freedom after being cooped up top. Half an hour into his routine, he heard the voices coming down the stairs, angry and loud. His practice session was at an end.

The two girls ranted as they walked down the stairs, tiny flame of a lighter lighting their faces. A quick inhale, followed by another had DeusEx turning around in anger. He was quite a sight, standing there in nothing but urban camo pants, sword drawn and reaching down nearly to his bare feet. Longish brown hair swept across glasses, the glare hiding grey eyes. Taut, wiry muscles shivered from exertion and exhaustion. One of the two girls dropped her cigarette in shock.

�Yeah?�
�Ummm...want a smoke?�
�Absolutely not.�

They stared a little, and DE got irritated. Sheathing his sword, he left, heading up towards the command Center.
�Jesus, Worldwatcher. Who d�ya figure that was?�
�Dunno. Why?�
�He�s kinda cute.�

Hey look, a descriptive entry!

DE

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by DeusEx]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Great work, Deus, once again.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well you certainly gave people a better idea to the words of that blink 182 song. Nice little bit though.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hey! This is a great story! DE, you can put me in too if you want, I,'ll send you a description on U2U

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Chapter Nine: First Blood

Deus padded up the stairs, feet beginning to go numb. His scabbard attached to his pants through a belt loop, he walked into the bustling command center. Everyone around him moved frantically, but Lysergic was nowhere to be seen.
� The Captain�s headed up to check to the rad levels, sergeant.�
�Okay. Got a place for me to crash?�
�You can check the bunks down on sixth, but I promise nothing. How you holding up?�
�Fine, TDH. How�s things from the top?�
�Okay, I guess. Damn flunkies came and woke me up for this #. You�re apparently the man of the hour. �
�Yeah, so I can use my head when need be. I�m comfortable up there.�
�So I see.�
Lysergic then walked in, Geiger counter slung over one shoulder.
�Nothin�. Barest traces of radiation.�
�I�m going back up. Night, everyone.�
Just as DE crossed the threshold out the door, something began to beep. He wearily poked his back into the room. The cameras watching the entrance to the compound flashed single frames of trucks and cars rolling in. TheDemonHunter looked alarmed.
�Why are you still here? Arm up and get up there!�
�Just me? I�ma need at least three squads of men to hold them off if they decide they want to attack!�
�Lysergic, get him his men, but you have to stay here and co-ordinate things. If they get past DeusEx, then you�ve got to have a second line ready.�
�Got it, surr.�

Adrenaline shot through DE as he vaulted down the stairs. Energy shot through bone-weary muscles. John was, once again, sleeping in his chair. Deus pounded on the bars fo the cage.
�Wakey wakey, John! I need two mags for my pistol, a box of shells for my shotgun and the shotgun. Oh, and if you can slip one to me, one of the flak jackets too.�
�What the # is going on now?�
�Dunno, but it looks like it�s a fight.�
Other began walking in, rubbing their eyes. JB was up on his feet, moving as fast as he could. Throwing down everything DE requested on the counter, he stumped off to find everyone else�s weapons. Undoing his shoulder holster to slip on the vest, he observed as several other collected and received their weapons. Most of them were hunting rifles and shotguns, with a few pistols interspaced among them. One thirtysomething woman had grabbed the SAW captured earlier.

People collected around him, looking up to him as the only armored person about. Deus busily strapped on the vest, jammed the clip and box of ammo into his pants, and threw his holster clumsily around his shoulders as he waddled into a run, everyone behind him. He barked orders as he panted and climbed his way up the stairs. Saucerat joined him, squad in tow.

The ATS troopers spread out across the first floor just as the convoy of pickups, SUVs and cars rolled to a stop. Angry, yelling people climbed out, waving firearms of all types and varieties. DE crouched near the spot of his famous ambush, feeding shells into his Nova�s magazine. Seven feet to his right, Saucerat worked the bolt on his rifle. People scurried for cover. One, a squad leader with a lever-action rifle, jammed the barrel through a window, breaking it. DE groaned internally- now the house was going to be drafty. He gestured towards the shorter man, cocking his shotgun. He took notice, and ran over.
�What�s your name?�
�Ranger, sir.�
�Oh, hey! Nice seeing you, even if this isn�t the best time for it. Take a few of the men with a good scopes and rifle up top, and see if you can take the chick with the M249 with you. If the shooting starts, you can pick and choose targets. Plus, I want you to radio me to see the positions of all those suckers. You�re in charge of everything up there, got it?�
�Sure, chummer.�

Deus peeked through some curtains. The convoy was set up perpendicular to the house to provide cover. Men with rifles and shotgun pointed them across battered hoods or up at distant windows.
�HEY IN THERE!� came a shout.
�Umm...yeah?� responded DeusEx.
�We want in! Let us in, or else!�
�Can�t we talk about this?�
�Not while you�re in there, and we�re out here getting microwaved!�
�Well, really, this house isn�t any safer than out there, you know.�
�Shut up! You have until the count of three to give up and let us in, or we start shooting!�
DeusEx�s grip tightened on his weapon.
�We don�t want this to go down like this!�
�One!�
He hear the clicks of safeties going off nearby. Prayers were muttered under people�s breath.
�Two!�
�Ranger,� Deus whispered, �How many of them are there compared to us?�
�Two to one, sir.�
�Damn.� DeusEx shook. He took a deep breath and took aim, trying to keep as low as possible.
�THREE!�
DeusEx�s pleas for peace were drowned out by the crack of rifles and blasts of shotguns. He fired his own weapon, shattering the window and tearing up the hood of a pickup. The fire whipped around, perforating the rooms and blowing out windows. Above him, he heard the SAW begin to fire.
�Fire and manuever!� he screamed. Bullets crashed through he door, showering him with shrapnel. He cocked him weapon, and fired again, rolled towards the living room where Gothique was bobbing up and down form behind a couch. He stood and fired as he ran towards her, trying to be the hero. His shotgun was empty by the time he reached her. He had a cut on her arm from the glass flying around. �#!� he swore to himself. He had left his box of shells by the door. It had been tipped over by the volume of fire sent in the direction.
Kept moving, heading back after make sure she was fine. Saucerat was writhing in pain, a large shard of wood embedded in his thigh. At the sight of his best friend bleeding there, Deus changed directions. Throwing lead through several windows and emptied his clip and hit the release. He felt something collide with his vest, sending him flying over an armoire. He struggled to breathe for a few minutes before sliding over towards his friend on his stomach. He dragged Sauce by the arm out of the line of fire before reloading.
�#ing sons of BITCHES!�
�You okay?�
�DO I #ING LOOK OKAY?�
�Fine. Stay here, and keep calm. I need to finish this up.�

Deus could no longer hear the sound of the SAW going in the background. Above the gunfire, eh could hear order outside, boots pounding towards the door. The emptied his second pistol mag through it, and he thought he heard several screams and a gurgle as a result. Reloading and on his last mag, he looked around. A few of his people were wounded. He was just about reach for his radio when he head the blast of a shotgun and was thrown through the air. Then, there was only darkness...

DE

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
DE what can I say

excellent writing!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Great, I'm in there! Good stuff, keep it comming

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Great chapter, Deus!

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Chapter Ten: Inertia

At first, DE felt as if he was trying to move through molasses. He swan through the sticky stuff, sounds reverberating all around him yet distant. The further he swam, the sharper and more powerful every sensation seemed to feel, until he felt a slight tug at the back of his scalp and excruciating pain tore through his head. He heard a groan.

�Hey, DE�s coming around.�

He groaned again, and realized it was him making those sounds. He was face down on a cot. Struggling to cope with his new setting, he swivelled his head to look around. More pain and a wave of vertigo forced him to stop quickly. He was in some sort of makeshift infirmary. Florescent light rained down on him from a number sources, illuminating dull concrete walls. DeusEx reached around, trying to feel to he back of his head. Poking around tenderly, he found a patch of hair shaved off near the bottom back of his skull. A small line of stitches ran across it, and when he drew his hand back it was covered in blood.

�Ooooohhh # meeee...�he groaned.
�So our fearless leader is conscious at last?� a familiar voice called out.
�Sauce?�
�Yeah.�
�You...your leg okay?�
�Hurts, but I�ll be fine.�
�How long...how long was I out?�
�Two or three hours.�
Deus felt a hand come to rest gently on his back. The fingertips were slender and gentle. He sighed a little and began reconstructing events as best he could.

�What happened?�
A female voice called out quietly to him. �Easy there. You�re luck to be in one piece.�
�Damn hero-boy,�another called out semi-playfully, �You almost got yourself killed.�
A second set of arms wrapped around him tightly. He smiled - even though the pretty brunette who walked into his line of vision did not.
�DE? I�m Parrhesia. I�m the person who stitched up your scalp and dug the buckshot out of your chest. If you hadn�t been wearing that vest, you�d be dead.�
�#, you�re lucky.�
�Yeah, thanks Saucerat. How�d the battle go?�
�Some minor wounds, one dead, and one person with a broken arm. The civilians took off, leaving seven dead and some wounded, two of which we couldn�t save. We got lucky.�

Deus looked around as best he could. Saucerat was sitting around in his boxers, wiry leg wrapped in gauze. Gothique, the other woman in the room, stood next to him. Ranger had his arm in a sling on the next cot. most of his squad was cut up at least, and at the end was a bloodied sheet covering something lumpy. It wasn�t hard to figure out that was the dead soldier. He quietly rolled over as best he could, exposing bloody pieces of gauze taped to his chest.

Deus spent two days in the infirmary with Parrhesia. She smiled down on him daily, cleaning his wounds and talking to him. The two of them conversed regularly, keeping each other company. The body was soon moved and buried out in the woods, before Deus could even figure out who he or she was. It made him disappointed with himself briefly, but he promised himself to do his best to keep the bunker and its inhabitants alive and well as best he could to honor that person�s memory. Before too long, he had an appointment with Lysergic and theDemonhunter again.

There, a sort of half-chapter. I'm working on a lot of writing projects this weekend, btu I'll pudate thsi one at least once again.

DE

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
another exciting chapter!!! thanks DE

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Very cool DE. I just hope you plan on fixin' the windows of my house now that you and your compadres have ruined a fair bit of glasswork up there...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join