It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vick indicted in dog fighting case

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
An indictment is not a conviction. Innocent until proven guilty. He just might play after all now that I think about it.

I'd bet if he's still on the roster when the season starts, the Falcons won't play him.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I bet the Falcons wished they had Matt Schaub back.

Go Texans!!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Schaub's a stud. Falcons beat the Colts in Tokyo in a pre season game in 2005 with Schaub making a pretty good account of himself.

I think Houston will be an improved team with Schaub in there.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
There is someone who probably thinks this is good news...

Duante Culpepper was granted his outright release from the Miami Dolphins... Perhaps he'll just have a short drive north to find a new home.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Jeff George is ready. Maybe he'll get another shot.

(Don't laugh. Okay, go ahead and laugh.)

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Without a Randy Moss, Culpepper will never be anything but average since his mobility is now gone. If I were the Falcons I would try to trade with Tampa and lure Jake Plummer out of retirement.

Edit: Jeff George, one of the greatest arms ever, but one of the smallest IQ's. It's a shame really.

Peace

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Damn, you guys know your football. Can't argue with any of that.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Schaub's a stud. Falcons beat the Colts in Tokyo in a pre season game in 2005 with Schaub making a pretty good account of himself.

I think Houston will be an improved team with Schaub in there.

They are moving in the right direction. They picked Okoye in the draft, we missed him by 1 spot.

www.houstontexans.com...

Build the defense. Cory won't kill you. Looks like this team is on their way to being the next Ravens. And you know what they did. Dilfer anyone? BTW, where is he this year.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thats what you get when you put all your eggs in one basket.

And then they traded schaub, somebody gonna get fired for that one (John Mckay).

Culpepper would be a great pickup for the Falcons, that guy will be ready soon and he is good even without moss.

Im not a Falcon fan(go bucs) but I will definetly miss the vick. He made the game exciting so its going to be a bummer with him not there. Even if he is found innocent goodal will have to be fair and suspend him just like tank, chris henry and the pacman so Vick is a gonner for sure and the falcons are done. Sorry bout your luck falcom fans.

edit: it hasnt been proven culpeppers mobility os gone btw, he was just thrown back in the game to soon last year because of a dumb coach trying to save his job. Go Culpepper!

[edit on 18-7-2007 by earth2]

[edit on 18-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
People like this should be thrown into jail for life imo. They are putting other living beings through torture for money, unforgivable imo.

This isn't a sports discussion thread, why is this being turned into one?

[edit on 063131p://55076 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I would politely ask everyone to not pass judgment on Vick until he is either proven innocent or guilty. Also lets not turn this into an "all NBA and NFL players are thugs" thread. Do not forget many basketball players and football players are very giving and kind people. People such as Stephen Marbury and Dwight Howard come to mind. Even Ron Artest does charity missions in Africa.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't think all atheletes are thugs...

Just a few select ones... Michael Vick (and his loser non-athlete brother Marcus), Adam "PacMan" Jones, the Cincinnati Bengals...

Nike seems to trying to take the high road:

ATLANTA (AP) - Michael Vick's legal troubles prompted Nike on Thursday to suspend the release of its latest product line named after the Atlanta Falcons quarterback.

Nike has told retailers it will not release a fifth signature shoe, the Air Zoom Vick V, this summer. Nike spokesman Dean Stoyer said the four shoe products and three shirts that currently bear Vick's name will remain in stores.

msn.foxsports.com...

I'm sure it pained them greatly.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I heard that he is still going to play for them this season.

Can anyone tell me if this is true or not.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Not only will he not play but I bet he isnt even going to be at training camp.
What a crazy distraction that would be. They need to put him on leave.

The NFL is going to allow him to play until everything is figured out in court but im sure the Falcons owner will not let all this distraction into the team any farther than it is.

I really like Vick but he has got to be the dumbest mf I have seen in a while. He seems to be more into the bling than the ring.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Let the dogpile begin...

The first of what could be a handful of actions taken against Michael Vick by the commissioner's office has been decided.

FOXSports.com has learned that commissioner Roger Goodell has ordered the Atlanta Falcons quarterback not to attend the team's training camp as his first step in determining Vick's future in the league. That would give the league office more time to assess the facts and judge additional facts that may come to light in the next month.

msn.foxsports.com...

Oh, snap! This may be louder than when Joe "Unemployed" Theisman had his drumstick broken in twain by everyone's favorite Hall of Fame crack addict, Lawrence Taylor.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Good move by the NFL.

I'm a regular viewer of PTI and this is becoming a daily segment. They were talking of the odds of Vick starting a few games this season, and both were under the impression that it is a possibility. But both felt strong that a paid leave of absense was more than likely in the future for both parties. ...Paid vacation?

What?

The warden/commissioner has suspended players for much less, without pay. Why would he allow the Falcons to step in and offer this as an option? Suspend his ass without pay.

Other players who were suspended, were not suspended on a conviction. They were suspended purely on the assumption that they were guilty, nothing more.

Why is there even a hint that Vick could receive preferential treatment here?

Perfect opportunity for the NFL to step up, wash their hands clean with this guy, and try to shine a positive light on their league while their counterpart, the NBA, is on the brink of a major scandal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join