It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vick indicted in dog fighting case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Vick indicted in dog fighting case

msn.foxsports.com

RICHMOND, Va. - A federal grand jury has indicted Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick in an investigation into illegal dog fighting.

Vick and three others are charged with violating federal laws against competitive dog fighting, procuring and training pit bulls for it and conducting the enterprise across state lines.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The other shoe has dropped and it's not going to say Nike on it anymore. Roger Goodell the NFL Commissioner will have no choice but to suspend Michael Vick under his new conduct policy. I expect that those companies who have been foolish enough to keep Vick as a spokesman will abandon this sinking ship, through the real rat is Vick himself.

The party is over for Vick and the Falcons... I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give him an outright release.

msn.foxsports.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here's an interesting read:

www.nike.com...

I guess Mike used a copy of that to line the kennels.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What an ass hat.

This guy had talent up the ying yang. Could throw the ball better than most QB's, and his ability to move inside the pocket, or scamper for a big gain was second to none. Now what? Nothing more than a punch line to a terrible joke.

If he is guilty of this, which I suspect he is, I hope to never see the guy throw another football.

The NFL desperately needs to wash it's hands of these type of players. The Michael Vick's, Pacman Jones, etc., of the league need to go, and they need to go as of yesterday.

In other news, Ricky Williams is pumped that he's no longer the laughing stock of the league.

Way to go Mike!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here's your role model...

In action...

But not a single line in the 18-page indictment will generate more rage toward Vick and the others charged -- Purnell A. Peace, Quanis L. Phillips and Tony Taylor -- than a sentence near the end. It reads: "In or about April of 2007, Peace, Phillips and Vick executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods, including hanging, drowning and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

It should be short order for Vick's career to get "put down."

Come on Roger, do the humane thing... Now.

[edit on 18/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I really hope he goes to jail and doesnt get off with a slap on the wrist. These Athletes that come from "the Ghetto" may make millions but they never change. :shk:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I really hope he goes to jail and doesnt get off with a slap on the wrist. These Athletes that come from "the Ghetto" may make millions but they never change. :shk:

What does coming from the "ghetto" have to do with this?

Because he's black, he's more prone to this sort of behaviour? Or is it the poor population that we are referring to here? Vick is an asshat all on his own. It has nothing to do with where he came from.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

What does coming from the "ghetto" have to do with this?

Because he's black, he's more prone to this sort of behaviour? Or is it the poor population that we are referring to here? Vick is an asshat all on his own. It has nothing to do with where he came from.

Look at all these basketball and football players getting involved in shootings and other crimes. Multi-Millionaires and they still cant keep themselves out of trouble.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
[sarcasm]But at least he stood up for the hood and didn't sell out. Even though he possibly sacrificed everything, at least he's still has the respect of his peeps![/sarcasm]

He and his brother are about as dumb as stumps. Their mother should be proud.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have to agree...

This is a "Michael Vick is an idiot" issue, not a "ghetto" issue.

p.s. His brother is an idiot as well, just not as well funded.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Look at all these basketball and football players getting involved in shootings and other crimes. Multi-Millionaires and they still cant keep themselves out of trouble.

And look how many don't.

Look how many are creating huge charitable organizations and doing amazing things for the youth of their communities. If one wishes to focus on the negatives, so be it. But there are just as many "white" ass hats out there as there is black.

You can say "ghetto" all you wish, but it is apparent that you are lumping all black athletes into one here. An unjustified generalization.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I certainly didn't mean for it to be any kind of racist/ghetto argument MM, I was only stating that I'm sure Michael Vick's excuse will be one of, "Well, this is how I was brought up" and "I didn't know no better". Believe me, the race card will be played eventually, and probably from Vick's side.

But I do see how it could be construed as such.

Peace

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Also, Roy Jones Jr. comes to mind here. He has been implicated for possible cock fighting and raising/breeding for such.

Why can't these guys with more money than they know what to do with, what makes them do this? It's about respect from their peers. It's about not wanting to sell out. It's about not wanting to look like a punk.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
And on a happier note, my Niners play the Falcons this year. WooHoo, no Vick. At least I would hope they have the decency to cut him. The Niners turfed Garcia for a mere DUI. Class!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If there is anything on this planet that makes me more sick to my stomach than a warm beer on a hot summer day, it is that damn intrepid talking about those damn 49ers.

Someone... please...

Go Packers

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
If there is anything on this planet that makes me more sick to my stomach than a warm beer on a hot summer day, it is that damn intrepid talking about those damn 49ers.

Someone... please...

Go Packers

I understand your perturbation:

www.superbowl.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here's the NFL's statement-

We are disappointed that Michael Vick has put himself in a position where a federal grand jury has returned an indictment against him. We will continue to closely monitor developments in this case, and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities. The activities alleged are cruel, degrading and illegal. Michael Vick's guilt has not yet been proven, and we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts. The matter will be reviewed under the League's Personal Conduct Policy.
[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10260657]>SOURCE

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Is the NFL going to let him play this year?!? will this void his contract?

I'm going to be pretty mad if i see him on the field, and i hope the fans really give it to him.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The NFL isn't going to do anything until the legal system runs its course, lest they be accused of punishing someone who hasn't been convicted.

I guess it's possible they could suspend him until a legal outcome happens, but I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Is the NFL going to let him play this year?!? will this void his contract?

I'm going to be pretty mad if i see him on the field, and i hope the fans really give it to him.

An indictment is not a conviction. Innocent until proven guilty. He just might play after all now that I think about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join