It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sopranos Series Ending Theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sopranos was undoubtedly one of the best shows out until it met its untimely demise at the hands of David Chase.

My buddies and I have speculated as to what happened at the end, throwing around a ton of possible scenarios, but will we ever know what happened at the end.

Bring your theories to the table and we should have a nice debate.

Whack away BTS...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
-------------------------------------***Spoilers***--------------------------------------

Well the only theory ive heard that makes sense to me goes like this.....

Basically the 4 people you see in the restaurant all want Tony dead, and they are,

* The Trucker sitting at the booth that is the Brother of the Truck driver that christopher killed for the DVD players.

* The 2 Black guys that come in to the restaurant are the ones that Tonys mum hired to kill Tony in the first season, they took shots at him but only clipped his ear.

* And the Italian guy sitting at the counter who you later see go to the bathroom is Nikki Leotardo wich is the Nephew of Phil Leotardo.

Now, in One of the very first episodes of the Sopranos you see Tony and Bobby talking about what it might be like to die, and Bobby says that probably everything just goes Black and you dont hear or see anything apart from Black. Wich is exactly what happens in the end as Tony looks up when Meadow walks through the door.
Notice that all throughout the final minutes of the last scene the camera keeps switching views from Tonys perspective to Tonys face, you hear the door chimes ring when somebody walks through the door and you hear the song on the radio. You see Nikki Leotardo going in to the bathroom then Meadow walks through the door but you dont hear the door chimes or the song anymore. This is what makes me think that Nikki shot Tony from the bathroom door at the side, because you see the Blackness from Tonys perspective and the silence wich means he died.

Or there might be another explanation but i guess you have to make up your own mind about it, but that's the theory i believe in anyway.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
MONEY RULES EVERYTHING IN HOLLYWOOD!!!!

There was no ending because of the chance of a Sopranos movie coming out and making $150 million at the box office.

Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skush
Now, in One of the very first episodes of the Sopranos you see Tony and Bobby talking about what it might be like to die, and Bobby says that probably everything just goes Black and you dont hear or see anything apart from Black. Wich is exactly what happens in the end as Tony looks up when Meadow walks through the door.
Notice that all throughout the final minutes of the last scene the camera keeps switching views from Tonys perspective to Tonys face, you hear the door chimes ring when somebody walks through the door and you hear the song on the radio. You see Nikki Leotardo going in to the bathroom then Meadow walks through the door but you dont hear the door chimes or the song anymore. This is what makes me think that Nikki shot Tony from the bathroom door at the side, because you see the Blackness from Tonys perspective and the silence wich means he died.

I agree with you up until the last point skush. Never once during the entire series of the Sopranos did the camera ever go to the first person perspective of Tony. That being said, when the screen goes to black at the end, you is it that got whacked? You! The viewer got whacked. Again this is just my theory, but given the lack of the 1st person view, that is what me and my friends concluded on.

Pretty funny David Chase...I watch your show religiously and now how do you repay the viewer? You whack em at the end of the last episode.

Think about it...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Dupe post. Sorry.:w:

[edit on 8/9/07 by Don Wahn]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
here in the uk iv'e been watching this seris since it started and have to say it one hell of a good show you can toss around ideas for endings yet i think their gona do 10 season as far as i knw were only up to 6.

This is kinda my poit his son hs only just found out what his father does so as it goes on he pass's the flame over their also alot of other people to take in to consideration aswell.

All i can say is more soprans and nice to know their some fans on ats/bts out here

new topics

top topics

join