It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Routine Domestic Disturbance Stand Off Turned Out To Be Terrorist Suspects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Routine Domestic Disturbance Stand Off Turned Out To Be Terrorist Suspects

www.dallasnews.com

Before the day ended, Arlington police had negotiated a six-hour standoff, their robot had been shot at with a paintball gun, and they had called in a bomb squad over four potentially explosive devices.

Kimberly Al-Homsi called 911 about 12:40 a.m. Monday. She said her friend, Aisha Hamad, had threatened her with a knife. The two are noteworthy because a few months ago, they were seen at Dallas Love Field, both dressed in camouflage pants under traditional Muslim robes, conducting what ......
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/17/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Now this is very interesting considering the two are females and not males and she was caught with possible explosive devices.

www.dallasnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Nice find and certainly food for thought.
OP

Of course there is always the chance they could be acting alone. I would love to find out more info on the idea of using female suicide bombers or females in active operations or missions.

[edit on 17-7-2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
Nice find and certainly food for thought.
OP

Of course there is always the chance they could be acting alone. I would love to find out more info on the idea of using female suicide bombers or females in active operations or missions.

[edit on 17-7-2007 by section8citizen]

From what I understand it is rare but females do take part in these types of activities. There have been a handful Palestinian female suicide bombers in Israel and I think a few of the Islamic Chechen terrorists in the Beslan school hostage crisis and the Moscow theater hostage crisis were females as well.

I can see a good reason for this as well; the terrorists might feel that the security forces will be less careful, less lenient or more mindful of PCness when it comes to searching females (especially Islamic females) at border crossings and internal security checkpoints. I see it with the cops here all the times, at district court detention/booking the deputy sheriffs will strip search a man when hes being processed and squirt some KY jelly up the rear end and do a full body search but when its a female they hardly do more then a little pat down (and even then im sure they "forget" a few areas for fear of having sexual offense charges - which have happened btw). Same thing on the road, they might do a full body pat down with a male suspect but the female just gets a casual glance into her purse.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Did the Dallas police say what type of long reange assualt weapon that she had, 50 cal perhaps. Would be a good weapon to drop a plane on take off and or landing. Also where did she gain her explosives training???
Information seems light, this could be a sign of an ongoing investigation.
Good find,

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The article mentions that Dallas police had stopped them near the airport on a prior occasion, but that they refused to allow the car to be searched!! Does anyone reading this live in the Dallas area? I was under the impression that you can't refuse a search of your car by the police...they make up a reason for probable cause if there is not already one. Can anyone shed light on what happens if you refuse a search when pulled over?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
of course you can refuse a search. when they find nothing probable cause goes out the widow and a lawsuit comes in for profiling.

this seems more of just a case of a couple of crazy nutsy ladies than what seems tied to terrorism as far as i see it. i think ever since they drove by that runway, which i dont think anyone in their right mind should be doing, the FBI put them on watch. I tend to believe that it is a good thing they did, because they definetly seem out of their minds.

I really dont accept the terrorist connection though. That connection is only being implied because they are Arab descent it appears.

in any case, it is good to see these two nutcases out of public exposure before they actually hurt anyone.

ps. there are thousands of americans that own high-powered long range assualt rifles.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

The article mentions that Dallas police had stopped them near the airport on a prior occasion, but that they refused to allow the car to be searched!! Does anyone reading this live in the Dallas area? I was under the impression that you can't refuse a search of your car by the police...they make up a reason for probable cause if there is not already one. Can anyone shed light on what happens if you refuse a search when pulled over?

If you haven't done anything wrong the police have a had time detaining you, be this Dallas or anywhere else, as far as I know.
If, for instance a cop pulls you over for speeding, and smells the slight smell of pot, thats suspicion, and h can "ask" to search your car. If you refuse, as is your right, he can enact his right to detain you based on the suspicion of having weed. He can have you detained, and have your car impounded pending a search.
Honestly, I don't think Ive ever heard of a cop asking to search the car, the civilian refusing and the cop just going "okay, fine, I didn't wanna search your car anyway." My guess is they were on a fed watch list, and the list said "If you pull them over, ask to search the car. Note their response and report it." Totally a guess. Even knowing that they refused to have their car searched helps the feds a little.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I agree with DYepes, a couple of crazies. Now in the Dallas news they are not mentioning any assualt rifile, just a homemade pipe gun. The article did say that they had the ingredients for an explosive device but where unsure of if they could have actually made a viable device. I guess that the paintball gun that she shot at the tac robot was the assualt rifle

Next case Please.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

We do not know whether they would function as [explosive] devices until we have time to study them and look at them and test the materials," Mr. Lea said. "I can tell you this; there wasn't anything in there that would have blown her house to pieces."

from original source.

i think the main excuse about the exposives is because they are alleging she had explosives training, but have not ellaborated as to what that experience pertains to, or when she recieved it.

She is said to have long-range assault rifle and explosives training, according to a Dallas police intelligence bulletin issued March 5.

she is 50 years old, any idea how long ago she recieved that training and in what field? was she ex-military? Ex-Law enforcement? We don't exactly offer explosives training as a general hobby trade 'round these parts, so just a wee bit curious on the background.

And thats pretty funny how she gonna shoot the robot with a paintball gun. wonder what she was going to accomplish? knowing the Feds, they will probably charge her with assault on a LEO for the robot and claim $50,000 of damage for some sort of "special" cleaning procedure.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

I really dont accept the terrorist connection though. That connection is only being implied because they are Arab descent it appears.

I see it it was more then implied. The source article stated when observed at Love Field,

both dressed in camouflage pants under traditional Muslim robes

Now I ask you how many ladies 50 years old go around in Muslim Robes with camoflage pants?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sun tsu
Did the Dallas police say what type of long reange assualt weapon that she had?

They said other woman involved had a prohibited weapon, which they didnt name. Could be anything from a switchblade to a sawed off shotgun.
They didnt say that she had a long range assault rifle, they said she has long range assault rifle training.

She didnt have any explosives either, as far as I gather.
She had explosive 'devices'.
Whats an 'explosive device' you ask?

Stephen Lea would not say what the devices were

Ok, but they were working 'explosive devices', right?

"We do not know whether they would function as [explosive] devices until we have time to study them and look at them and test the materials," Mr. Lea said.

Well that seems odd that you know they are 'explosive devices', but you dont know whether they would function as 'explosive devices'.
Not to mention you wont even tell us what these 'explosive devices' actually are Mr. Lea.

Atleast tell me that they were dangerous 'explosive devices', can you do that much Mr. Lea?

"I can tell you this; there wasn't anything in there that would have blown her house to pieces."

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I can't help wondering ...

If male martyrs are promised 72 virgins in heaven when they commit a suicide bombing, what could these women have been promised?

I've known lesbians, and having a virgin isn't that big of a deal to them.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ok, let's stand back and look at this article with a more-than-casual eye.

both dressed in camouflage pants under traditional Muslim robes,

Now, if they were wearing "traditional muslim robes", how could anyone have seen ANYTHING under them? What, was superman looking?

fought with them while they tried to handcuff her, police say, so they used a Taser on her.

They had to Taser her AFTER handcuffing her? Those big strapping Dallas cops couldn't control one chick in handcuffs?

Here's the best one

"We do not know whether they would function as (explosive) devices until we have time to study them and look at them and test the materials," Mr. Lea said. "I can tell you this; there wasn't anything in there that would have blown her house to pieces."

If they do not know if they "would function as explosive devices", how can they be sure that "there wasn't anything in there that would have blown her house to pieces"?

Surveillance video showed one of them walking back and forth, apparently pacing off distances.

Or she was merely pacing, as some of us tend to do while waiting.

She is said to have long-range assault rifle and explosives training, according to a Dallas police intelligence bulletin issued March 5.

Now where the heck do you go to get "long-range assault rifle and explosives training"?

"Excuse me, is there any room left for the 'Nuking a small midwestern city' class?"
"No ma'am. How about 'Toxins for Terrorists' "
"No, I do enough cooking at home. How about the 'long-range assault rifle' training?"
"Excellent choice! For signing up today, you get the free 'Explosives Training' class!"

Besides that, you don't use an "assault rifle" for long ranges. You use a SNIPER RIFLE. Assault rifles are notoriously poor performers at long range. The M-1 Garand being an exception.

This article left out the one thing that probably precipitated all this. They were stopped at one point, and an officer asked if he could search the car. They rightly asserted their rights, and said no way. This probably pissed off the Dallas cops.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Tell me shots, how does wearing camoflauge pants under robes imply terrorism? Is there a code built into the patterns? Perhaps there is anthrax stiched in and she will shakle them off? Do you forget camo pants are a popular fashion design?

What effectiveness will camo pants have in a crowded stadium? Are the pants people colored camo? These ladies are justa bit off their wire, but I do not see where the terrorist connection is. There are many American citizens who have done worse than these two ladies, and also involving explosives (which we are not even sure are explosive apparantley). They get in trouble and go to prison, but they never get terrorism charges.

These are just two whackjobs, doing nutsy stuff. I aint calling them innocent, I am just not calling them terrorists. Maybe when they start demanding foot baths in their cells, we can call them terrorists for sure eh?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

There are many American citizens who have done worse than these two ladies, and also involving explosives

Yeah right whatever you say.:shk: Now show me some instances like this that involved females in their 50s.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Sir Chancealot, I have seen skinny little weaklings need as many as 3 or 4 huge cops to get them in handcuffs. Size and sex does not matter, when someone dosent want to go to jail they wont go so easy.

Just watch "Cops" for 1 episode and you will see an example of what I mean.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Like I say shots these bitches are friggin nuts. Could be suffering dementia, or possibly any multitude of psycological disorders, considering their age it cannot be ruled out. The brain wears down as it gets older if people don't take care of it.

And frankly, there has been no stated facts as to what her explosives experience is, nor whether the explosives are indeed explosives. If the Police can state she has explosives experience, then they damn well can state what and where that experience came from. That has yet to be the case, therefore it cannot be a proven fact. what I do know is that a robot was shot by a paintball gun.

It is alleged that one of them owns a high powered assault rifle, yet neither was detained with it in possession, nor has one been recovered.

SHOTS, exactly what PROVEN facts have implied this is connected to terrorism at all?

We shall see what comes of this no?

Cuz if I was a lawyer, it is clear this case does not have much to go on. May have to plead guilty to damaging government property, as well as assault on a LEO, or obstruction of justice.

There just does not appear to be any solid evidence to build a case, from what has been reported as of yet. We can hold out for more to come, so let us wait an dsee no?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Could be suffering dementia, or possibly any multitude of psycological disorders, considering their age it cannot be ruled out. The brain wears down as it gets older if people don't take care of it.

Well since it is obvious you have not researched this any further then the one article. Chew on this for a while

Garland police arrested a woman, Kimberly Al Homsi, after receiving a report she used a hand grenade to threaten another driver in a case of possible road rage.
Road Rage Incident Leads To Apparent Grenade Threat

OK you have the first course now the second

"I hate the U.S. government." -Kimberly "Asma" Al-HOMSI (L).

Ok now desert

Update: The two also go to the same mosque that is associated with the Holy Land Foundation, which was a money laundering scam for terrorists

[edit on 7/19/2007 by shots]

top topics

join