It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World at the Binary Millennium -- 2049

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I know a lot of people have their sights set on 2012 as the year of great global catastrophe, alien invasion, NWO dominance, and so on. But I personally think that the Binary Millennium of 2049 will probably be the year of the Beginning of the Great Fall of Mankind. That's when all of the binary based computers will suddenly be confronted with a complete shift to a new millennium set, and unlike Y2K, this time they're almost guaranteed to fail, severing communications, and plunging the world into a new Dark Ages.

All you religious fundamentalists out there should also note that God is, in fact, binary, and by his very nature a creator of opposites, such as light and dark, living and non-living, real and virtual. After all, did not Jesus say: "Where there are three gods, they are gods; where there are two or one, I am with him." This is as clear an indication of the binary nature of divinity as can be found.

So forget 2012, and prepare ye weak and ye sinful for the True End of Times... 2049.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
But I personally think that the Binary Millennium of 2049 will probably be the year of the Beginning of the Great Fall of Mankind. That's when all of the binary based computers will suddenly be confronted with a complete shift to a new millennium set, and unlike Y2K, this time they're almost guaranteed to fail, severing communications, and plunging the world into a new Dark Ages.

Is this just a theory of yours, or is there some actual scientific evidence to back this up? Why will the computers stop working in 2049? Can you provide some links to explain this 2049 bug?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance on this topic, but could you elaborate and clarify what this "Binary Millennium" is and how/why it's important?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The central key of the matter, of course, is that 2049 is also a prime number and a Fermat number. Prime numbers are themselves "gateway" numbers that display naturally divergent and binary properties, being divisible by only one and themselves. Unlike, 2017, however, which is also prime, 2049 has the additional property of being millennial (2^11+1). That essentially gives it a "double prime" status, and computers for the lack of a better term, can be expected to "trip" over the number when they encounter it, creating either freezes or looping resets.

Christ, of course, the second of two that is One, again, a living embodiment of primeness, will need to step in and re-order the cosmos such that natural binary divisions and opposites will retain their fundamental opposition. That's why in the End Days, leading up to the Binary Millennium, "good" will become less distinguishable from "evil," light will be dimmed and darkness will be contaminated with light (such as from an artificial satellite reflecting sunlight into nightside Earth). The two opposites will slowly merge to create a gray null point, such as that encountered by the computers, where all direction (both physical and moral) is lost. The Savior will arrive to essentially "re-boot" the World, by offering a glimpse of virtual futures that define and clarify the actions and consequences of choosing "good" versus "evil."

Yea, and verily, such is the upcoming Time of Tribulation, where the wicked and unworthy shall wander in a gray Cloud of Unknowing, without awareness that their good deeds may indeed be the purest wickedness. Prepare thee now for the Binary Millennium and the Clarification and Reboot!

[edit on 17-7-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm sure it's nothing a patch can't fix.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xerimethius
I'm sure it's nothing a patch can't fix.

Yheh I'm sure computers will be able to handle prime numbers by then. Maybe Binary will be quaint in 20wotsit.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Guess I am missing your point on the number 2049 and computers. Bits 1 and 12 set in a word of 16 bits or greater. Happens all the time I am sure. What about counters. Are you referring to a year failure like 2000? That was storing 2 digit year as characters.

So how does the year 2049 cause computers to fail? millennium set?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Like y2k i dont think computers fail just because the year changes from 2048 to 2049. Computers would be blowing up left and right if a few numbers screwed them up.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Like y2k i dont think computers fail just because the year changes from 2048 to 2049. Computers would be blowing up left and right if a few numbers screwed them up.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Sorry abou the double post thing my internet went screwy for a sec and made it double post i dunno why.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It's rather easy to check your computer, like I did, by setting the date and time to be new years eve 2048, at 11:59pm. I did this and when it went on to the "new" year absolutely nothing happened. My computer seems to not know what a double prime number is. Plus there is no way to really be sure that 2049 our time, is the same as the universe's 2049( which happened billions of years ago, without an apparent hiccup).

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
I know a lot of people have their sights set on 2012 as the year of great global catastrophe, alien invasion, NWO dominance, and so on. But I personally think that the Binary Millennium of 2049 will probably be the year of the Beginning of the Great Fall of Mankind. That's when all of the binary based computers will suddenly be confronted with a complete shift to a new millennium set, and unlike Y2K, this time they're almost guaranteed to fail, severing communications, and plunging the world into a new Dark Ages.

All you religious fundamentalists out there should also note that God is, in fact, binary, and by his very nature a creator of opposites, such as light and dark, living and non-living, real and virtual. After all, did not Jesus say: "Where there are three gods, they are gods; where there are two or one, I am with him." This is as clear an indication of the binary nature of divinity as can be found.

So forget 2012, and prepare ye weak and ye sinful for the True End of Times... 2049.

yawn

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Err... one slight problem. The computer bit has apparently just been disproven, and the religious bit isn't true either.

Let's just pretend that it being the year 2049 will cause a problem concerning Jesus. Well that would require that Christ was born in the year 0, correct? Slight problem, Christ was born in the year 4 B.C.. You see, way back when they were first making the Gregorian calender somebody made a slight mistake, putting us off by four years. So assuming that your theory were to be correct, this should actually happen in the year 2045.

Who's to say that God Jesus even operate on the same calendar as us mortals? God has been around since the dawn of time, so there's no doubt that he's well beyond the year 2049, in which case we shouldn't have anything to worry about. Also, when Jesus was still alive and on Earth he would've been on the Hebrew calendar, which I believe would've been right around the year 3,700 (give or take a few decades or centuries). In that event Christ was born a little bit late for the end of the world as he would've seen it if he were to adhere to a binary schedule of apocalypse.

And then there's the fact that not everyone operates on the same calender. For example, the Armenian calendar has the year set at 1455 (as of 2007). So does that mean that the Armenians are exempt for the end of the world?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Your theory does not take into account the new push for quantum computers. The bianary computer will be a thing of the past way before 2049. It is already in stages now that are very promising for the next decade.
www.wired.com...
computer.howstuffworks.com...

So i dont believe this will be a problem at all. And lets say it does, Why would that be the end of the world. It may be the end of people that cant survive without all the modern amenedies. But there are plenty of people that can survive with just natural resources. Now as far as what you say about god and the whole resetting of things, Well thats just not something that could be called a theory without some data backing it up. And even then it would be pure speculation due to the fact that the dates provided cannot be proven.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by russ1969]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Jesus Christ on a bicycle bicycle bicycle! I bet this is how Scientology started. L. Ron made a silly joke and some dough-eyed dingbat was like, "Oooooooh... really? But what about..."

At which point Hubbard realized the joke could easily become a profitable industry.

I suggest you keep a straight face and write a book.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Ragu23]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
the world can end anytime, this is just comedy u speak of.

top topics

join