It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Iraqis Being Smuggled Across the Rio Grande

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

FBI: Iraqis Being Smuggled Across the Rio Grande

blogs.abcnews.com

The FBI is investigating an alleged human smuggling operation based in Chaparral, N.M., that agents say is bringing "Iraqis and other Middle Eastern" individuals across the Rio Grande from Mexico.

An FBI intelligence report distributed by the Washington, D.C. Joint Terrorism Task Force, obtained by the Blotter on ABCNews.com, says the illegal ring has been bringing Iraqis across the border illegally for more than a year.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I Wonder of this has anything to do with reports of new attacks within the US or if it is just more hype?

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Gee, now wouldn't it be nice to have all those troops who are in harms way in Iraq running up and down our border? We have a hard time deciding who the terrorist are in Iraq, but wouldn't they be a lot easier to spot coming in from Mexico?

I know, that wouldn't be profitable to big business, but it would make our nation safer.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So for the last year, they've been watching them come into the U.S. Are they giving them gift baskets as they come in?

At least they found the "gaping hole" in the border now. I guess it's up to somebody else to plug it though.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have to say that this comes as no surprise to me. Not only is anybody and everybody coming across the Rio Grande, they are coming across meriads of unsecured borders. Its a complete joke. Come one, come all, the United States isn't going to stop you. If they catch you they will just send you back so you can keep trying until you make it. I hope the people of the U.S. don't act surprised that terrorists are all over the place and living next door. We keep fighting terrorists overseas, but we can't spend the money to try to prevent them from coming in illegally. Granted, that doesn't mean the majority coming across the border are terrorists, it only takes a few to create mass destruction.

Why don't we give them free healthcare, schooling, and let them have children in the U.S. that are citizens while we are at. While we are at it, why don't I and the rest of the legal U.S. Citizens foot the bill via our taxes. Oops, we already do.

[edit on 7/17/2007 by infinite8]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I just wanted to add this, this happened yesterday close to where I live. Some boat dropped them off, and they are welcomed with open arms, and even free health insurance!

The Cubans were taken to the Gasparilla Marina, where they ate lunch provided by the Red Cross and waited for vans to transport them to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office in Homestead. Officials said they would go through background checks, to make sure none had criminal records, then released. Because they made it to land, they will be permitted to apply for legal status.

Source

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar
I just wanted to add this, this happened yesterday close to where I live.

They are not one and the same. There is a big differance between people who flee in exile because of a corrupt government and those that are smuggled in to attack us.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It is no secret our boarders are not secure and the Bush administration has no real intent to secure them properly. It has been all over the news. So if I am a terrorist, it is a no brainer that the best way for me to get into the country undetected is to go to Mexico and cross the boarder into the US. It is all just further evidence that our "War on Terror" abroad is keeping us safe at home is nothing more than a joke and obviously not the real reason we are fighting this "war"

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
It is no secret our boarders are not secure and the Bush administration has no real intent to secure them properly.

Its not just Bush and the republicans that are failing the people of the United States. This is the same among democrats. The elected leadership representing the people of the U.S. in the house and senate are not taking care of these problems. Come voting day. many of them need to be replaced with someone that is not afraid to stand up and do something.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
As the old famous saying goes, "The buck stops here" and when the buck stopped for Bush he failed. If we currently had a democratic president, I would have referred it to that president.

I agree Congress is not any better. I am really hoping this year the people make a statement and do not accept a Democrat or a Republican and begin switching their registrations over to Independent.

top topics

join