It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it even going to be possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yes, this thread is about the new Harry Potter book. No, spoilers ARE NOT INCLUDED in this post.

Some of us have waiting years and years for each and every Harry Potter book to come out. At last, the final chapter of Harry Potter is due to hit shelves in a few days, and spoilers are already circulating the internet. Today, while checking my myspace page, I notice a bulletin that says "OMG! New Harry Potter Book!" I open it up, and it's a list of every page where someone/something dies, who/what it is, etc. Luckily, I was quick to react and closed the window before I read anything too important, but now I feel as if there is no hope in actually reading the damned book before some idiot spoils it for me. I have no doubt that there will be certain neanderthal who take pleasure in casually spoiling the book while they go about their daily lives. It happened to me with the last couple of books, and I can almost guarantee it's going to happen with this one. Obviously, I can't speak to how credible these spoilers are, but what chance do we, as fans of Harry Potter who just want to peacefully read the book without having it ruined, have of actually doing so if spoilers are already on their way before the book is even out!? If I don't read something on the internet, I'll see something on TV. If I don't see it on TV, I'll hear someone talking about it at the store. If I don't hear someone talking about it at the store, I'll hear it at work from a customer. If this isn't the case, one of my "friends" will spoil it for me, or I'll hear it on the radio, or a ghost will appear to me only to ruin the ending for me and disappear, its one purpose in the afterlife fulfilled, and never to return again. Paranoid? Yes. But rest assured, if anything in this book is to be ruined for me, I will not take anybody down with me, and I'll still do my part to insure that these poisonous spoilers do not reach anymore innocent ears.

Ugh. So who thinks it's possible to get through this book without it being ruined? Strategies or suggestions for doing so?

[edit on 17-7-2007 by Herman]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
the solution is really quite simple, lock yourself in a bunker with no tv, radio, or any other kind of current media. have someone pick the book up at the store for you and slide it through the mail slot. continue to be locked up until you've finished reading it. Other than that it will be tough to make it till saturday without hearing spoilers that could or could not be true.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Guess what? Some idiot here. Harry -----!

[edit on 19-7-2007 by JackCash]

new topics

join