It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Opening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
" 6/15/07-- The land across from our house is being cleared for 27 new homes. It was a treed area before this. We have lived here for over 30 years and as far as I know there has never been a home or anything else close to where this photo was taken."

www.coasttocoastam.com...

What do you think it could be?
A bunker maybe?

[edit on 17-7-2007 by Equinox99]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, aside from any coast to coast am dialog to go along with it. If I were to see the pics plain and simple without a story, my opinion would be that it be holes made due to an underground spring/stream. Are these houses set alone in the woods or are they close to a community?

I lived in Idaho in the mountains for a few years, and a natural mountain spring stream is where we got our water. It ran down the side of our drive, and into a big hole beside the house, and disappeared. There was definetly some sink holes around the yard where the stream ran. Much like the second pic.

The "entrance" is too jagged and irregular to be dug for human/alien or whatever entrance.

Possible underground cave? Not likely, but then again, we are still discovering things underground all the time that we are not familiar with.

I say water.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't think that could have been done from a stream, or other form of underground water source.

In the first picture, you can see, what looks to me anyway, like concrete. I think the person even stated that in the caption above the photo on C2C.

If you ask me, it almost looks like something that might have been for a house, but was never finished. Is there any way we can find out if a house was going to be built there previously?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Get a flashlight, crawl into it and then report back

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Very interesting! If you do end up going down there, make sure to have someone else around so they can get help if you happen to get hurt.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I've got something almost exactly like that in my backyard.

My house sits on the old site of a large flourist. The greenhouse that was there ran the entire length of my (short) block. When the greenhouse was demolished, they simply buried a ton of green glass and paved over a drainage area.

A truck came into my yard about three years ago to cut down a large tree that was split and endangered of falling in a high windstorm. The truck cracked open a concrete floor several inches below the lawn in the yard.

My guess is that there was some sort of structure that came and went in the decades before you arrived.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If it used to be forested area - it might be subsidence caused by rotting tree roots opening up spaces in the ground.

Otherwise it could be caused by past mining in the area - are you aware whether there was any?

In the unlikely event that you found a secret bunker, watch out for the Men In Black!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I heard that during some experiments or something they created a drug for vaginal degenerates to help them give birth to kittens

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DominionOfGozer
I heard that during some experiments or something they created a drug for vaginal degenerates to help them give birth to kittens

HAHAHAHA!!! That was totally off-topic and quite a bizarre statement, but DAMN that was funny! Hahahaha!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What about abandoned mine shafts? I live in Newcastle, England, and part of my old school field collapsed the other year because of empty mineshafts underneath. Don't know if any sort of mining has gone on where this happened though.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
what what the hell is it? I"m sure someone has explored it by now...

new topics

top topics

join