It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Portraits of Loch Ness Monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Monks living in 565AD may have been the first to produce art depicting the Loch Ness Monster. Ancient stones found in the vicinity of Loch Ness have animal carvings on them. Historian Norman Newton says, "They are all incredibly accurately drawn. There is no doubt what they are: the horse, the stag, the salmon, the wild boar, the eagle, the snake. Then we come to something which is often described as the Pictish Beast and occasionally as the Pictish Elephant." He thinks it's Nessie.

www.unknowncountry.com...

ID

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This to me is simply more evidence to support the continued existence of plesiosaurs. I believe there to be far to much information to discount Nessie and the countless other plesiosaur sightings as hoaxes. It really is not that unlikely that such a creature survived, sharks and crocodiles did it so why not plesiosaurs as well? If these carvings are real then it presents glaring evidence in support of the existence of Nessie.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I can see where it might be nessie, but the head looks like a porpoise.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The main reason why I still try to believe in Nessie, the simple fact that there has been witnesses for hundreds of years, all accounting to a similiar creature within the same body of water.

I used to fully believe, until all the searches with SONAR detected nothing... and then to find out that the "pictures" where nothing more than logs or mud.

I want to fully believe again... I can't see how so many centuries of information could be discredited... but it is becoming more and more difficult.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just more evidence that nessie has been sighted for centuries. It cannot be discounted very easily.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think Nessie is one thing but that link refers to the historical and widely observed depiction of the serpent or lizard or draco.

Of course Nessie is one example but the winged serpant is annother creature, like the dragon of old or the thunderbird (north american natives), which plied the skys eons ago.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I truly believe that nessie is real. What people dont get is that loch ness leads into the ocean. The creature dosent have to stay in the loch and can simply leave anytime it wants. This is why people dont see it all the time.

new topics

top topics

join