It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason for Deja' Vu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I believe i know the reason why people get deja vu.I'm 19, but ever since i was a baby i have remembered God or whatever you want to call it showing me my life before i was born.I can't remember seeing everything vividly but whenever something happens i remember seeing it before.I have asked a few people if they remember seeing anything like this but they don't.Does anyone else know what Im talking about????

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I thought I remember reading that scientist found out that it was a sort of glitch in the human brain. Something about a the brain trying to catch up with what it's seeing.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
my pet theory is a crossed line in the memory storing / recalling department, so info going in FEELS like its coming out.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
When deja vu turns to premonition, what do you think is happening then? Deja vu has not actually been explained entirely. It has only been theorized and examined, but no solid conlusion has been formed.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I feel like I've seen this thread before. ??? But maybe that's just the way these things work.

There's even a theory/idea that it is caused by an "overlap" in the multiverse with yourself on another (faster) timeline. Since you would share brainwave patterns most closely with other "yous", then they would be the easiest to receive.

Hmmmm????? I'm thinking lottery tickets here.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

There's even a theory/idea that it is caused by an "overlap" in the multiverse with yourself on another (faster) timeline. Since you would share brainwave patterns most closely with other "yous", then they would be the easiest to receive.

Hmmmm????? I'm thinking lottery tickets here.

That’s a theory that I have thought about as well. I get déjà vu A-l-o-t, and it usually lasts about 10 to 20 seconds each time and I can get it multiple times during a day. I believe that basically, it is a time ripple, where time is actually overlapping itself or essentially squished together. I believe that whenever there is an earthquake for example, that it sends out a shockwave around the planet and actually can cause an overlap of time. I got this idea one day when I had gotten strong déjà vu while watching Fox News (yes I used to watch it) and about 10 minutes later, they reported a strong aftershock in the Indonesian ocean where the earthquake that caused the tsunami happened, and it was at the time that I had the déjà vu. I used to think that if time travel in the future were possible, and I believe that it is, then surely they would be traveling back to such a significant time in history and that this was causing the déjà vu. I developed this theory during the 2003 presidential election campaign period between Bush and Kerry. Every time that Bush would get into trouble with his campaign because of some bad press and it looked like he wasn’t going to recover, all of a sudden the whole situation would turn around and he would come out of it looking better than he did before. What made it seem like more than a coincidence, was that I would always get déjà vu right at the time that the bad press would come out on the news, and would keep getting it on and off very strongly until the situation got turned around for Bush, and then it would go away. It happened like this every time.

So, all in all, I believe that what causes it is a time ripple and/or an overlap of time, which is caused by things like an earthquake or whenever time is being changed some way or another.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I read somewhere that one reason of Deja Vu is that the optic nerve is longer in one eye than the other. Therefore, the brain receives the infromation faster from one eye this causes the effect of seeing the same image twice.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Neural theories" section.

It could be right, but if it was, shouldn't it accur a lot more often ?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Early childhood experiences

During my childhood years I recall many instances of Deja Vu on a daily basis.
This was very confusing for me at time because I had no comprehension of what was happening. I never told my parents nor my friends for fear of ridicule.
As puberty approached the instances of Deja Vu waned and eventually became a ghost in the fog of my past.
I never had one single D.V. experience until recently. This was on May 22nd 2007.
I had completed my nightshift and set off for home on my motorcycle. I approached a busy dual carriageway and twisted the throttle to cruise at 60 mph. Within minutes I had an instance of D.V. which was disorientating and quickly pulled into a layby.
The difference between this experience and the past ones was the intensity. I rested for around 20 minutes before resuming my homebound journey.
I hope I never have this again whilst riding. Has anyone else ever experienced anyhing like this while in control of a vehicle?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akutski
I read somewhere that one reason of Deja Vu is that the optic nerve is longer in one eye than the other. Therefore, the brain receives the infromation faster from one eye this causes the effect of seeing the same image twice.

en.wikipedia.org...

That is an interesting concept, but I'm not sure that can explain it. Yesterday I was hit with a strong feeling of déjà vu and it was so strong, it was disorienting and I actually closed my eyes for the remainder of it. It lasted several more seconds and involved what I was hearing on the television, some things that I was thinking about, where I was sitting, etc. The whole experience seemed like something that I lived many times over and not just once before.
So for me, it involves all of my senses.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I too have come to a "conclusion", that deja-vu is some overlapping or ripple effect dealing with other multiverses and/or overlaps or ripples in time. I too have also had multi-sense deja-vu with scents as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by netobrev
I thought I remember reading that scientist found out that it was a sort of glitch in the human brain. Something about a the brain trying to catch up with what it's seeing.

Yes, I remember discussing this with some friends when I was younger. We likened it to old 8bit Nintendo, like in Mario Brothers, when too much stuff was on the screen and it c-r-a-w-l-e-d.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have no clue on this deja'vu, but in my experiences, it seems to effect me more when something bad is about to happen, like a forewarning. As my mother was sick and things were worsening, it seemed to effect me multiple times a day.

Also, with my deja'vu, it is more of an auditory thing, than a visual feeling, so I'm not convinced it's something to do with the optic nerve. It's more of "I have heard those exact words, which trigger my memory of this exact experience and remember these sounds" than it being a visual "I've seen this before" feeling.

It is quite unsettling, whatever causes this. I'm not sure if anyone else's experiences are like this too.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

As puberty approached the instances of Deja Vu waned and eventually became a ghost in the fog of my past.

You know what? When I read this it was like a bolt of lightning for me! I've hardly had any DJV since I was a kid! Then it happened all the time but almost never as an adult. I wonder why that is? Maybe our brains just become too full with common, everyday stuff for DJV to happen.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

You know what? When I read this it was like a bolt of lightning for me! I've hardly had any DJV since I was a kid! Then it happened all the time but almost never as an adult. I wonder why that is? Maybe our brains just become too full with common, everyday stuff for DJV to happen.

I'm 46 years old and I have had Deja vu all my life, on and off, but over the past few years, it has been happening almost every day. So, I actually have it more now than I have ever had it in my life

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

I'm 46 years old and I have had Deja vu all my life, on and off, but over the past few years, it has been happening almost every day. So, I actually have it more now than I have ever had it in my life

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I have read somewhere in the past that the reason for deja vu is that when you process sensory information, it goes first to one side of your brain (I believe the left?) and a certain amount of information is processed and then it hands it off to the other half of your brain to finish processing.

Deja vu comes into place when the information that was passed from one side to the other didn't get sent right so it sends it a second time. Having already been given the information once, your mind is familiar with the information and you feel as though you've seen or heard or felt that already in the past.

It seems perfectly plausible to me. I kind of liked the idea of it being some kind of premonition or something but after I heard this, it was enough to convince me that it's just our brain having an occasional hiccup.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akutski

en.wikipedia.org...

Spot on......I've heard that too!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
On my older days I've had deja vu's that last sometimes several minutes. During these I've noticed that it's just a feeling, I dont actually know anything that is about to happen or such. Maybe short term memory lapse or something. On the other hand I'm narcoleptic and brains are so complex anyways that it might change from person to person

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think this is a good topic, I have wondered several times why deja vu happens and a ripple in time seems to be a good hypothesis. I also like the thought of a possible change in the present from the future. The whole multi verse thing just doesn't do it for me. If there are several universes all coinciding at the same time don't you think the point of a different universe is to be just that, different. Therefore why would they all experience the same ripple or anomalie? The Earth quake thing is a good idea, but then if you really delve deep maybe the earth quake is a side effect of the travel through time. Kind of like a byproduct?

These are all good thoughts, but to me my personal deja vu is always something I've dreamed, it's like I dream it several years ago and it happens as life unfolds.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I don't think I've ever had more than 2 or 3 real Deja Vu experiences in my life, really. This thread kind of requires one to know what Deja Vu is like, but when called to remember I barely can. I'll put in my two cents anyways.

Time ripples seem to be the most reasonable unreasonable explanation I've seen in this thread. The one time I actually do remember Deja Vu from, it was not spontaneous. I had seen myself in that situation in a dream.

Maybe deja vu occurs when one's life is similar to a situation or moment seen in one's dreams? I don't know what exactly I'm trying to say here, just going out on a limb. As I'm sure you guys are aware, we scarcely remember all of our dreams. I'm sure there's plenty of false memories stuck somewhere in the dark recesses of our minds.

I'm no psychologist or neurologist or Philosopher or any of that. Maybe we should just stick with the experts on this one

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join