It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Al Qaeda trying to sneak agents to U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Report: Al Qaeda trying to sneak agents to U.S.

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Al Qaeda will try to tap its resources and capabilities in Iraq in its efforts to exact another terrorist attack on U.S. soil, according to a top government intelligence report released Tuesday.

"In addition, we assess that its association with [al Qaeda in Iraq] helps al Qaeda to energize the broader Sunni extremist community, raise resources and to recruit and indoctrinate operatives, including for homeland attacks," states the declassified summary of the National Intelligence Estimate.

Officials have expressed concern in the past that the Iraq war is providing a theater for al Qaeda to train insurgents and test the terror network's capabilities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.firstcoastnews.com
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Al Qaeda Cell in the U.S. Or On Its Way, According to New Intel

[edit on 7/17/2007 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We are being told that al-qaeda will not hesitiate to use chemical, biological and even nuclear weapons if available to them. This is the first time in my memory that so much intel has come together to warn than an attack is virtually imminent. CNN has the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security giving a statement live to the press corp at the White House as I type this. She is warning that an attack is possible this summer.

She also has stated that the White House and Intelligence agencies have been in close contact and conferencewith their ounterparts in the UK, France, Germany and several others. Another conference between several countires, including the US on global security is set for later this month.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/17/2007 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Your news is a bit late: An existing thread, Al Qaeda Cell in the U.S. Or On Its Way, According to New Intel, is already in progress.

Personally, I'd post my own links/remarks over there & request a Mod to close this...Yes, I have duplicated threads before & did the same as I'm suggesting here.

[edit on 17-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

join