It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaida will likely use Iraq for Attack on US Soil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
New Report

The White House is of course arguing that this is the reason why the US must remain in Iraq.

Many others, including myself, contend that this is proof that the war in Iraq has made things worse, obviously for the Iraqi people, but the war has also put the US at more risk than before.

Who would have thought that for the mere price of 12 Billion Dollars a month you could actually increase the terror threat to your country. What a DEAL!

This report also adds to the recent string of reports and comments from officials that suggest an attack against the US is on the horizon.

Whether this is all politics or not, the next few months should be interesting.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
"Al Qaida will likely use Iraq for Attack on US Soil? --WTF that means? You have to calm down first of all. I'm a doctor so listen to me...REPEAT ---

I AM FINE
I AM HEALTHY
PEOPLE AROUND ARE JUST LIKE ME
THEY ARE FRIENDS
NO HURM
NO HURM EVER
I AM SAFE
I AM SAFE

good luck

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I always thought doctors had to learn how to spell. I had also assumed that they would read articles and obtain ALL the info they could before they ran their mouths. Do you have a PHD in sarcasm?

*Mental Note* If I am sick and dying and BitDust is the only doctor left, then it looks like that is the end of the road.

Add something constructive or don't add anything at all. Your just wasting your AND my time.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I truly believe that this is the US govt's way of keeping everyone in fear but not so much that everyone panics and stops what they are doing. If it were true, I think they would have attempted something long ago post 9/11

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Imagine knowing something that might happen. If it does, a million people could die. Hoever, you have a chance to make sure it does not happen. Do you alert the general public with a direct threat description with mass hysteria ensuing or offer vague instance to allow a CYA after the fact if you cannot prevent it? This is what was learned from 9/11.

There are terrorists here, and hopefully we are watching the right ones.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Esdad71 you bring up a good point. It is very possible that this is a huge CYA campaign. Perhaps even a bit of conscience at work.

What if this is part of the administration trying to tell us something? The only argument I see in that is if someone knew exactly what was going on then certainly someone who had this information would speak up or leak some info.

lets say for the sake of argument that the US is in control of all of the terror threats and activities. The number of people it would take to perpetrate a scenario like that wiuld be enormous. I refuse to believe that the world we live in is so evil that NO ONE would fall out the ranks to warn us.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
oops

[edit on 19-7-2007 by resistor]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

lets say for the sake of argument that the US is in control of all of the terror threats and activities. The number of people it would take to perpetrate a scenario like that wiuld be enormous. I refuse to believe that the world we live in is so evil that NO ONE would fall out the ranks to warn us.

They don't have to be in control of all of them, just the few necessary to get the job done. People fall out of such ranks about as regularly as you would expect, and you can find their stories on the internet, but you'll never hear them on CNN/FOX/PMSNBC. They get eliminated one way or another pretty quickly. You also have to consider that they know how to recruit the right person for the job. There are plenty of evil people in this world who enjoy such work and the high rewards it brings. There are also always plenty of 'useful idiots' that can be convinced to do the dirty work of the intelligence agencies with sweet sounding lies or religious dogma.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
What's so special about Iraq? They're (allegedly) in several countries around the world where there under far less military threat than Iraq. Why not just launch an attack from there? Or better still, they're already in the United States and have been for many years. The people financing and supplying them aren't in Iraq. They don't need Iraq plain and simple. I believe it is the US governmnet that needs us to believe that they want to use Iraq. People have got to wake up. This isn't about terror or security any more than it was bout communism before that. It's about money. It's almost always about money.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Al Qaida will likely use Iraq for Attack on US Soil

Its a bit obvious... they know majority do not believe them on 911, having an 'iraqi' drive a vbied into a New York cafe strip would be to cl'eche.

But, is it really in the governments best interests at the moment to 'stop' any other attacks some isolated radical group has steamed up from the internet?

Like the failed British attacks, they are amateur, angry people.
Imagine if a loner from the suburbs pulled off one of these crude attempts at a car bomb?

It only took one man to boot of WWI afterall.

new topics

top topics

join