It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Living in a Simulated universe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
this is exactly what this thread is about i quote bostrom in this post so it is already being discussed but ty for the links i read the article.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I saw a sign today that said somthing like "15 days after conception there is a heartbeat".. I saw the footage when cells first form and start contracting wich then make the heart.
Its amazing, and I'm willing to bet that we are not seeing it how it actually is.

Simulated, who knows... definately somthing.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hey I just saw this thread in the thread for interviewing thread starters (wow used "thread" alot there). Anyways, it reminded me of the real head scratchers that were flying around after Matrix Reloaded came out. At the end of Matrix2 Neo stops several Sentinals in the real world using powers he previously only had in the Matrix. This lead to speculation that Zion or the "real world" was part of the Matrix computer simulation.

So I was thinking that in the storyline of the Matrix, humans had achieved A.I. (artificial intelligence) in 1999. The machines eventually took over after a couple of wars and imprisoned the humans in a simulation which was reset to several years before 1999. (before A.I. was invented). Then - what if - inside the simulation, humans re-invented A.I.? Inside the simulation the same things would happen, where A.I. became self aware and wars were fought and the machines would eventually win, put humans inside a simulation, and set it to several years ago. Then playing out human history, it would only take a few years to re-re-invent A.I. and so on ad infinitum creating multiple nested simulations, like Russian dolls. Which could explain why when Neo was in the "real world" he was able to use his "matrix powers" on real machines!?

Thankfully when Matrix3 came out this was not the case, but I still thought it was a plausable history for the Matrix.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
Someone or something .. a super advanced civilization and thus this is not reality as reality actually is ( sad thing is if so we may as well chuck all our laws of physics out the window)

as these are not realities laws of physics the just our realities laws of physics and thus programme dby another being ..

pls i dont want this post turning into a religous argument ...

my personal view is the Universe looks very very much like intelligent Design (wether it appears that way just because if not we wouldnt be around to make that observation in the first place.)

or it actually has been designed, simulated or real i dont want the atypical god discussions to erupt as in my opinion most of the major religions have probably got some, if not all there facts wrong or maybe just a couple of things right ..who knows another discussion i guess.

if the multiverse exisits..then the numbers of simulated universe would vastly poutgrow the real or real universes thus what are the odds we are living in a simulation?

its roughly about a billion to one against that we are NOT in a simulated world. if we were to make a perfect simulated world and ran it for about 1 second that would be enough for that simulated world to create others, something like that. i can find something for you explaining it better if you want.

but its a billion to one against FOR SURE!

scarey thought!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This could very well be true. I just read through the "matter is made of waves" website, where it is noted that they have created a simulation software for a model of the universe, that describes pretty much everything existing.

It is an aether-particle simulation that allows amplitude to travel to nearby particles without resistance, at a constant speed c. This is highly logical, since in simulation you do an update, then there is x amount of time, and you do your next update.

If i understood it correctly, the simulation logic is only 3 lines of code. Pretty clean theory of everything, right? Note how this method of expression has only come available to us in the computer age.

The whole thing is though pretty much developed by one guy, so the software is only capable of 500^3 particle simulations (i think it is written in freebasic, so very slow). To get anything but electron movement out from it, it needs to be considerably bigger.

Here is an 500 frame rendered video of an electron moving in the aether. www.glafreniere.com...

I really think this could be the next "big thing"

edit: note how the data truly is 2-dimensional. You only have coordinate, and amplitude. Lends credibility to the idea our universe might be an illusion resulting from running this simulation

When you really think about it, to be able to "see" the world as a 2d datastream, we might have to be able to decode it first. If "x,y,z" , "n" is too complicated a data format, we as humans must still rely on information decoded by outer "programs" aka our senses. A computer (and a spiritual person perhaps) might be able to read directly into the data stream, and thus be "god" / "alien"

edit2: Think of this as apple/android. On iphone you must use an api to ask the operating system if it can provide an image. The operating system commands the camera, and provides image data. On android you can directly acces raw camera sensory data, and thus you are not nearly as limited in what you can do with your phones camera. This is in comparison to "decoding 2 dimensional universe data", and "the human way of requesting sensory informations, or compiled formats of the data."

[edit on 8/2/2010 by above]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is a good thread I suprised why ithasn't garnished more stars. This whole notion of us living in a simulated universe is one that I have been pondering for a long time. The trouble is, evern through meditation it takes alot of thought and energy on our 3rd dimensional reality to actually see how it would work.

The problem is we can only comprehend as far as our science and our open mindedness will take us. For example we talk about AI, and dimensions as these are our boundaries of human education/advancement (so far) I believe there are no words that can describe 'life' as we know it. We simply do not have the capabilities of understanding such things.

We can only speculate and try to figure it out using recent hypothesis and scientific understandings. Over time it will become clearer to us I am sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join