It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Living in a Simulated universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by actuallynothing
One question mind often has regarding universes and such is this: If such laws such as the law of attraction exist (which work to manifest/create personal universes/experiences, how can we coexist in one objective universe? That is, say I used the law of attraction (as per the secret) to manifest one type of reality. How could another person use the law to create another reality? If they differ, they cannot coexist. That is the main reason I understand reality as either having multiple universes, each branching off with each different moment/creation by individuals, OR this is the only universe and you are all in my dream/imagination.

Which is it?

could it be possible that it is the 'collective Cconciousness' (all being run by the same simulation) is somehow linked together and we are all moulding what appears to be around us together.

Like i always find it interesting with new inventions ... why are there always 2 guys on oppposite ends of the world making a smilar device at the same time? plenty of occasions they could have no idea what the other is doing..... yet there working on the same project .. how did they both have the idea at the same time? why didnt one have the idea 30 yrs before the other?

'cut to alien basement'...
"Hey honey!!!:, did my new hoverboard expansion pack for sim-earth come yet?
"not yet marv it didnt",
"darn!!, hank at work says his civilization is colonizing space already"
"You know honey i just dont understand it .. i loaded in the advance weapon packs in hope of boosting my lots tech lvl and all they do is blow each other up!!. blah maybe its time for e reboot and start again" (shudder)..

it could happen!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
ive had similair thoughts about the laws of attraction and conflicting relaities
.I believe that at the moment all possible
realities are out there and it's the law of attraction which bring a
particular one to us...we're sort of like a giant Lan game or mmorpg
at the moment we are sharing the universe and our attracting of things
competes with everyone else's like a tug of war...hence he/she who
believes more gets..
this is how world order or secret societies work, they know the secret
of attraction and since no one else is using it to a high level they
basically have no resistance and are creating their reality for
everyone else...hence there playing god in a sense...that's the power
there so scared of losing cause if everyone had the same force of
attraction they would no longer be in control...everyone would get an
individual vote so to speak..
Now here is where there elite controller have got it wrong, they don't
realize what they're trying to control is an illusion
I believe that once a being learns to wield the law of attraction to
their full extent then what happens essentially is that, that person
becomes god but god in their own separated universe...like being
trapped in a permanent lucid dream were you control what your dream
becomes.....
so I think at another time in our future the lan
party or the mmorpg will break down as all beings will become aware of
their creative potential and hence they will drop out from the
collective universe and create their own universe in which they are
god and or have full control of their destiny....
This is the ultimate power, one I think the elite don't realise, when
it's all in your mind as such, there is infinite version of
everything, I can want a house and get it in my reality & someone else
can have the exact same house in there reality...
this unfortunately means that in a sense we are alone with our own
mind when we reach this state , but I think that's what god is , if
god is everything this is simply a game to him also , his own self
creating game that's all in his head.. We will all get to that level
the LAN party/matrix/mmo will cease
It will fall apart forcing everyone to log off and separate into their
own computer single player game ame as such rather than multiplayer,
collective game....
I believe the fact of conflicting created realities will cause this
separation just like how an alternate time line is created if you
theoretically go back and change something
if I have a god type skill of attraction, then can say I'm going to
create a red ball on my hand and so it will be, but in the collective
this wouldn't be possible as no one else chose the red ball so in
order for me to be able to create the red ball, I would have to be in
my own reality....
I sometimes feel that way now , I ask my friends , how can anyone
prove that they are really here and not in my head

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MouldyCrumpet
.I believe that at the moment all possible
realities are out there and it's the law of attraction which bring a
particular one to us...

This is already proved in quantum mechanics .. the observer..

Schroedingers cat ...... until we open the box and look at the cat it is both dead and alive... the fact that we opened the box forces the situation to decide and manifest itself .. this is the power of thought! and mind.

or the infamous double slit experiment.... view this vid for more info

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Thinking like devalues your appreciation for the life you have been given. Who gives a flying fish if it's simulated, it's the best you've got. Sunshine = cool. Virtual sunshine = cool. Whatever makes you feel good.

BTW if we are engineered imagine the engineers reading our posts.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
yup theres a lab full of panacking greys right now all runnin round shouting .. pull the plug !!! the Ats guys have sussed us out!!.. i told you they would you owe me 10 bucks Xzyrillian

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I never tried to grasp this with the intellect or "science". Ever since I was a child I had the basic understanding that this universe is like a game, a game board you go into. In order to play properly (focus) you have to forget all other realities and universes. In that sense nothing is "real" or "fake/illusion", its all just different frequencies, different types of focus. This is what my gut feeling told me long before all the teachers, parents, media and society-brabble showed up to try to "explain" reality to me. I always had the intuition that they dont know what they`re talking about. A bunch of voices who dont know who they are, dont know where they are from trying to educate me in "truth" and "knowledge".

So, I find your post valuable in that it asks questions in a much larger context than other stuff found here, but I dont think this particlular piece of all-that-is has to be called "fake" and I think it is silly to try to find "hard evidence" with the intellect. It is something grasped by a larger awareness than the mind.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I loved that video, it's great

So what the prof is saying is almost that our eyes/brain maybe has some 'blindspot' and things come into existence when we observe them. So what happens to them when we do not observe them?

very cool stuff.

mmhay

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by quintar
I loved that video, it's great

So what the prof is saying is almost that our eyes/brain maybe has some 'blindspot' and things come into existence when we observe them. So what happens to them when we do not observe them?

very cool stuff.

mmhay

its difficult to get your head around at first it took me a few years of studying and reading massive amounts of literature on quantum theory..

but the answer to your question is simply this .....when we are NOT observing them ALL possibilties exist simultaneously.. the fact that we do observe them forces it to choose its place in OUR existence.. so the very act of observing creates exisestance at least in one state or another...

further experiments have been done that would curl your toes ... leaning towards the fact, the particle may Already know what your going to do before you do it ... but thats a backward causality discussion i plan to have later on

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
its difficult to get your head around at first it took me a few years of studying and reading massive amounts of literature on quantum theory..

but the answer to your question is simply this .....when we are NOT observing them ALL possibilties exist simultaneously.. the fact that we do observe them forces it to choose its place in OUR existence.. so the very act of observing creates exisestance at least in one state or another...

I remember watching a video on something like that, it was quite confusing at some parts. But all of this still seems to bring up the question, what is consciousness? What is "it" that is observing, causing the other possible realities to collapse. Even if our physical bodies are just part of the data, energy, illusion, or whatever one thinks all reality is made up of; what is it that separates us from inanimate objects causing reality to "decide"?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

could it be possible that it is the 'collective Cconciousness' (all being run by the same simulation) is somehow linked together and we are all moulding what appears to be around us together.

Like i always find it interesting with new inventions ... why are there always 2 guys on oppposite ends of the world making a smilar device at the same time? plenty of occasions they could have no idea what the other is doing..... yet there working on the same project .. how did they both have the idea at the same time? why didnt one have the idea 30 yrs before the other?

I think that does tie into a Collective Unconscious and why the same ideas or eureka moments occur around the world near simulataneously.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

I think that does tie into a Collective Unconscious and why the same ideas or eureka moments occur around the world near simulataneously.

The only actually example ( i have ever heard of) of the collective Unconscious mysterious communication was also observed under laboratory conditions.

your talking about a morphic field mikeboyUS?

There are also data from laboratory experiments on rats and other animals implying that such effects occur. In one series of experiments rats learned how to escape from a water maze. New batches of rats were tested month-bymonth, year-by-year. As time went on, rats in laboratories all over the world escaped more and more quickly.

Morphic fields the rats etc etc

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This could explain this person's ability:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
wow thats a cool video .....

i think thats more down to practice and years of hard work and dedication , plus a natural talent at gymnastics (after all dont lots of oreintal lads get pushed off to drama school at a very early age? they do all this type of stuff) .. not as advanced tho but thats them years of practice showing..

Also the fighting style looked like eddies from tekken
cant remember what its called maybe someone can enlighten us..

or he just got lucky in the simulated drawing of straws and pulled the cool bruce lee straw

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
One of the best metal albums ever is about this very concept. Dimension Hatross by Voivod.

www.voivod.net...
Lyrics are on the right listed by song.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The only actually example ( i have ever heard of) of the collective Unconscious mysterious communication was also observed under laboratory conditions.

your talking about a morphic field mikeboyUS?

There are also data from laboratory experiments on rats and other animals implying that such effects occur. In one series of experiments rats learned how to escape from a water maze. New batches of rats were tested month-bymonth, year-by-year. As time went on, rats in laboratories all over the world escaped more and more quickly.

Morphic fields the rats etc etc

I would tie the idea of a Morphic Field into the collective unconscious. I dont think its a field per say but something that involves Neurochemistry at the Quantum level, specifically quantum entanglement.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

...ive had similair thoughts about the laws of attraction and conflicting relaities...
...I believe that at the moment all possible realities are out there Now here is where there elite controller have got it wrong, they don't
realize what they're trying to control is an illusion...

...This is the ultimate power, one I think the elite don't realise,

Great post MouldyCrumpet but I disagree about the elite. I think they know how it all works and take advantage of it.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

...ive had similair thoughts about the laws of attraction and conflicting relaities...
...I believe that at the moment all possible realities are out there Now here is where there elite controller have got it wrong, they don't
realize what they're trying to control is an illusion...

...This is the ultimate power, one I think the elite don't realise,

Great post MouldyCrumpet but I disagree about the elite. I think they know how it all works and take advantage of it.

that gets my vote wigit,
i have done limited experiments with other believers to try to influence reality.. i think we succeeded in a real small way ..

if i know and u know .. u can be damn sure The elitists know ..and yeah they would band together and use it for evil.

the more people involved the more prominent the effect in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
read my post carefully .i think your misunderstanding my point, of course the elitists know about the laws of attraction, hence why i said , there pulling all the strings with no resistance, what i stated about them not knowing is the ultimate outcome in which a being can create his.her own reality separate from everyone else's, hence theres no need for control

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
A natural and simulated universe are not mutually exclusive, surely the difference is your point of view, varies of perception.
A simulated universe can just be as natural to the occupants as any other variation that exist, since there is no definition of what is natural.
All the things we know that exist might still be a simulation.
I partially subscribe to the notion that all reality is type simulation.

The evidence of the simulation is that reality as we know it, is full laws.
People call them natural laws, if nature indeed as no know intelligence of any kind, then it will have differences, all things will be at a perfect equillibrium with no differentiation between matter and none matter and thier energy state.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesun
A natural and simulated universe are not mutually exclusive, surely the difference is your point of view, varies of perception.
A simulated universe can just be as natural to the occupants as any other variation that exist, since there is no definition of what is natural.
All the things we know that exist might still be a simulation.
I partially subscribe to the notion that all reality is type simulation.

The evidence of the simulation is that reality as we know it, is full laws.
People call them natural laws, if nature indeed as no know intelligence of any kind, then it will have differences, all things will be at a perfect equillibrium with no differentiation between matter and none matter and thier energy state.

star for you sir or madam liked your post..

of course this is THE only reality we know and regardless of simulation status its totaly natural to us ..

yes the laws are intresting . 'the goldilocks enigma' its not to hot, its not to cold .. its all just right .. some kind of intelligent design is highly possible.

however if these conditions didnt exist we wouldnt be around to be asking these questions so of course everything is just right

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join