reply to post by SPM.45
Whilst most members of this Forum, if interested, are wondering what the point is of stupid "Yes he was!" "No he wasn't" exchanges between one
who KNOWS what happened in Liverpool in 1942 and someone who has NO IDEA of what happened but relies on quoting what are the generally accepted
accounts of history that are now more and more being found to be very often totally unreliable. Take the alleged WMD's in Iraq as an example. and the
WWII TIME magazine reports of Bader performing somersaults for the German Lufwaffe at a party given for him when a POW.
If you like to think of yoursefl as a sleuth I am about to give you some information and questions that have all been published on the Net in my essay
known as The Douglas Bader Enigma that many of my readers will have complete copies of but none of the edited parts over the years that became out of
date or of no further interest.
So you are now in my shoes with a quest ahead of you that if it brings you great success will give you a place in the eventually to be changed history
of the the activities of Douglas Bader during WWII.
(1) Search for and find (as I did) the ex-manager of the Stork Hotel post WWII who now owns his own resort hotel somewhere in the UK. Ask him how he
knows that during WWII The Stork Hotel was a safe house and Mr.Giles my manager was in fact part of British Intelligence. Ask why the bulk of the
guests at the hotel in those days were British army Intelligence Officers? Ask why NO ONE is able to give a satisfactory answer as to why Mr. Giles
seems to have vanished into thin air?
(2) Research as I did the background of the hotel owner JOHN CLANCY and find out if you can, why he was awarded an O.B.E at the end of the war for
(3) Search for and find as I did, the late John Clancy's youngest daughter married and living somewhere in the UK and ask her about the letter she
wrote to me and what she told me about her father not wanting to discuss with the family any activities at the Stork Hotel and wishing me success in
(4) Ask yourselves if it was not rather strange that Mr.Giles a member of British Intelligence would approach me whilst working at the ADELPHI hotel
in Liverpool and recruit me to go and work for him in a very much out of the way and smaller hotel?
(5) Search and find people who lived near to John Clancy and family in his large safe from the bombing home at Ormskirk and ponder why they were
reluctant to talk about the Clancy's or the then nearby RAF airfield?
(6) Do a lot of research on a WWII RAF airfiele at Dyce in Scotland and the many coming and goings (both ways) of passenger and document carrying
German Luftwaffe aircraft making regular trips there. THEN go to Hendon RAF museum and ask to see the state of the art (RADAR equipped) aircraft that
flew there when the crew of three defected if you like. Try and find the recent whereabouts of the 3 Germans if you can - I know where they are and
one of their wives!
(7) Next, find photos and history of the Stork Hotel and find just how out of the mainstream it was compared to the still existing ADELPHI hotel Then
check out how close the Stork was to Churchill's Liverpool Bunker, the HQ of The Northern Approaches Command - hmmm! very convenient don't you
(8) And finally to show how blinkered SPM45 is, find reports and the obituary of the late and great Alex Ross his Batman whilst at Colditz and draw
your own conclusions on a number of issues relating to the Late Douglas Bader and to SPM45's untrue statements about Bader's reluctance to accept
I hope someone from the Forum will have enough interest and tenacity to go digging and lifting up carpets and come up with the answers - BUT it will
be a long and thankless job - I KNOW!
Thanks for reading this far but that is just the tip of the iceberg.