It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Incubation - Have you tried it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
If you concentrate on relaxing your body and mind before going to sleep and ask a question, with your mind focussed, often the answer will come to you in your dreams. I used to do this often with good results. Now I'm quite useless at anything psychic, probably too much caffeine. One time I asked what smoking was doing to my body and in a very lucid dream I was viewing a close up (microscopic) view of something organic (my insides?). The vision was golden, wet, with straight red parallel lines. Between these lines were blackish pools, which here and there overlapped the red lines and appeared to block the liquid flowing between the lines. Another time I'd just read a book by a psychiatrist called R D Laing. I'd enjoyed the book and remember just before sleeping one night, I said "I'd love to have met him." He popped up from nowhere in the middle of my dream and gave me a few lessons on stuff I wont mention here. Another time I questioned an unbearable itch I had all over my head and back that I'd even been to the doctor's about. A stranger in my dream angrily told me I had head lice. Next day I found out I did. Embarrassing. These experiments were all performed practically one after the other in a short space of time. I was enjoying trying this out so I tried the question, "let's see the horse racing results for this coming Saturday." In my dream I was in an old fashioned library and as I walked up to the counter a nice old gentlemen who looked like he was expecting me turned and lifted Saturday's newspaper from a shelf. I opened it and the pages were blank. I just wondered if anyone else has tried this and gotten results? I'd love to hear them.

[edit on 17-7-2007 by wigit]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wow, what a great thread and what perfect timing. I need this.

Last night I had been lurking in the Paranormal section which I rarely do to try to learn more about how to do this. Then you post this. Wow.

Here is my story, ( hopefully in a nutshell ). Many, many times in the past I have had dreams in which a brief visual, person, thought or name would occur. Usually, the very next day or at least shortly thereafter, I see / have / meet that visual, person, thought or name. This has happened my whole life. In my most prophetic dream, I dreamt the Space Shuttle exploded. That was 3 days before the 1986 Challenger accident. ( In my dream it occured on the launchpad.) On the day it happened and I heard the news, I was blown away. I will never forget that moment.

Although I have tried many times to become more "clear" or "clarivoyant" it is often with marginal results. It seems to occur randomly. I have been told by 3 different "gifted" phychics, that I have a guardian angel. I have always thought this was a deceased aunt, but the last psychic claims my guradian angel is androgynous and eons old. Many psychics also say that
they see I shine.

(OK, I suppose this is a big nutshell.)

Here is my most recent dream where I distinctly saw the future, however trite. I just returned from a 4 day trip with my wife to celebrate our anniversay. On the last night of our stay, I dreamt that I was in a hotel room ( expected, not strange ) but that there was a leak in the ceiling and I used a trash can in the room to catch the water under the leak. When I awoke, no leak in the room. We packed up to leave and headed for the elevator. Down the hall, in front of the elevator, there was a bucket placed under a leaking AC duct. It was definitely not there the night before. To me, this was another minor event of gigantic proportions.

So here I am, back to trying to figure out how to use my skill / vision / gift or whatever. I would like to explore this lucid dreaming and beginning to keep a dream log as many have suggested. Last night, I asked my guardian angel to give me a sign of some sort. I dreamed about bags of red Cypress garden mulch. ( zippo )

My life has had many odd things like near death and some tragic personal things which I don't care to go into right now, ( already a giant nutshell ) but suffice to say I feel like I am in the right place now to explore this. I have tried off and on to become more "aware" but usually lose interest.

Any input on this subject is greatly appreciated and once again, thanks for a great topic.

Sincerely....kinda kurious

fixed a few typos and such

[edit on 17-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hi Kurious, I've had many dreams like yours. I see something in the dream and next day I see exactly the same thing. It's bizarre. One night I dreamed of so many things that came together in reality the next day, I was actually numb with shock and thought I was entering the twilight zone. It happened about six years ago and I wrote it all down at the time and stuffed the paper in a book. I'll have to look it out.About dream incubation. There are a few good web-sites on that subject. I haven't had a read of any yet but plan to, to see if I can get any tips on how to get my "power" back. It does work and you have to be really relaxed with your thoughts focussed on your question to get an answer. My problem right now is I can't focus on anything for more than a few secs. I feel like one of those old-fashioned TV sets that used to "blink" when the horizontal hold was knackered.Regarding my "normal" dreams - I've learned a wee bit about what some things mean. I used to dream about tornadoes or black clouds and I'd always have a fight with my partner next day. So, black cloud = big argument, to me anyway. If I dream about someone I haven't seen in years I'll most certainly bump into a very old friend, but not the one in the dream. I'm still trying to work out why I get chased by a stalking tiger from room to room though. I've had that one many times. I wonder if it's a subconscious test to see if I can control my fear.ps Just remembered the other night I had one of my levitation/ floating dreams. I do this wee run, then a long jump, and then I have to concentrate on staying off the ground as long as possible before landing. Even though it's a dream it feels great to float along off the ground.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Actually yes, I have this happen quite often. Although, I usually don't have to do anything other than fall asleep with a question in my mind. It's kind of like my mind works at it all night then I know the answer in the morning.

It is very interesting.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I wonder who's answering the questions. Our subconscious, or a completely different entity? Or are we tapping into the super-computer ether?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I wonder who's answering the questions. Our subconscious, or a completely different entity? Or are we tapping into the super-computer ether?

That is yet another excellent question, wigit.

My personal theory is that our subconscious mind works through the problem while the rest of our body relaxes. If you think about it, the brain has far less to do while the body is resting compared to the normal tasks of life. I suppose you could consider it as a separate entity though, depending on how you look at it.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I think the subconscious is seeking the answers but wonder where the answers actually lie. Fine, if the answer already lies in the subconscious but when information comes in that we previously had no knowledge of either consciously or subconsciously, surely that's proof of a data-bank (matrix?) of sorts, external to the body. And when we see things in dreams that we come across next day that's more than coincidence. I'm sure there are groups on this planet who have the answers to all that already and I imagine they exploit it to the full. Wouldn't like to be the guinea pig in their lab though. I'll bet there's been a lot of trial and error involved and can only imagine the errors (nightmares) that can occur. I think I'm rambling now. lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Has anyone else tried this? What kind of results have you had? I'd love to hear more stories.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm going to try this tonight, and will return in the morning with results.

I have no idea how this works, but it sounds like it does pretty much 100% of the time, so why not try it?

new topics

top topics

join