It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New space program to go to NEAR EARTH ASTEROIDS as well as Moon! By about 2013.eh-hem.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I'm surprised that no one else noticed this.

In various articles that have come out in regards to Bush's upcomming space announcemnt, it has been mentioned -- always near the bottom of the article -- that the new CEV (Crew Exploration Vehicle) will be used on rendezvous missions with near earth asteroids as well as trips to the moon. It's also been mentioned that, with the first CEV tests coming around 2007 or so, that they'll be used on exploration missions around 2012-2014.

Eh, hem?!

Now, I, personally, think that there is nothing kinky going on here, in terms of the asteroids and CEV program... But I'm surprised that no one here has connected the dots and offered up the idea that Bush wants to have spacecraft capable of meeting up with an asteroid by 2013 or so because there might be one headed for us. Isn't 2012 (or is it 2014) the big date all you 'end of the world' types out there are worked up about?

Remember William's "conversation with a cab driver" thread?

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Very Good Point

Also, Bush was not a fan of NASA spending back in 2000 and 2001. He was ready to veto a bill that would help fund the international space station.

Couldn't find a direct article but this one refferences that fact.
www.spaceref.com...

Now he was to get mankind living off world?

I'm not one to jump to conclusions but his recent turn around is very odd.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Febuary,1st,2019 could very well be the date for an impact by a monster asteroid.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pekulike
Febuary,1st,2019 could very well be the date for an impact by a monster asteroid.

========================================

Aussie Paradise - Asteroid May Hit Earth in 2014
URL: news.aussieparadise.com.au...
Look over a report about the threat of a 2014 asteroid collision with the Earth. Includes an estimate of its impact.

top topics

join