It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devin Gaines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I came across this news story by chance while searching for more information on a shooting that happened near-by. Devin Gaines, a twenty-two-year-old man who had graduated with five degrees - computer Science, cognitive science, theater studies, linguistics and cognition - drowned while swimming at a quarry.

DEEP RIVER, Conn. - In five years as an undergraduate, Gaines compiled 276 credits, majoring in computer science, cognitive science, theater studies, linguistics and psychology, and an individualized program in cinema, culture and cognition, the school said. He also had five minors. -MSNBC.com

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The part that I do not understand is that he did not know how to swim and by his sisters account, it seems that he would not even be near a body of water:

NBC30

His death has been ruled a drowning, but I can't help but to think that there may be more to this story than a careless man out for a swim. The quarry is not so large that if a man were to cry for help one could not hear him. And if his friends knew he could not swim, why would they leave him unattended where he could drown? It is a tragic loss of life and potential, as he planned to return to college for a master's degree in educational communication and technology.

[edit on 17-7-2007 by Mephorium]

new topics

join