It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity; creation of a genius?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Well, because think about it; it just may be a man's creation.

I mean, back in the days, there could've been a man who just wanted to be popular. So, this man may have created a book; The Bible. I mean, we have been here for years. There could've been minds like Steven Speilburg or Sam Raimi (Director of Spiderman movies) back in the past few hundred years. I mean, the people back then couldn't be THAT stupid. And he also could have done viral marketing (or whatever it is called) and made things to go with this 'religion', such as the objects we find today that have to deal with Christianity.

So, thoughts/comments/suggestions?

[edit on 7/17/2007 by Mister Ohm]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The Bible as it is known today is the work of many individuals, not just one person. For your theory to be correct, there would have to be an entire corporation that told several people to write books, get several other people to make copies of them in different languages, purposely (or accidently?) lose all the original copies, and make a lot of talk all around (enough to convince several hundred people that it is the truth THERE AND THEN). Would that really have been worth the effort, especially at the beginning?

[edit on 17-7-2007 by babloyi]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Well the biggest glaring problem with this theory is the cultures, there are toooo many cultures with Biblical Stories that never seen the Hebrew Bible before their stories were told. For instance did you know that over 290 worldwide Flood storeis exist. Do you have any idea how many Dragon stories are in history?

The fact that you find these BIG STORIES of the Hebrew Bible in nearly every culture on the planet shows that there must be an air of accuracy to them...

I have another thread kinda on this, the Gilgamesh Epic is one such cultural flood story.

Gilgamesh Thread

Most of the Bible is EYE WITNESS accounts, until we move to the prophecies and the NT.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Well the biggest glaring problem with this theory is the cultures, there are toooo many cultures with Biblical Stories that never seen the Hebrew Bible before their stories were told. For instance did you know that over 290 worldwide Flood storeis exist. Do you have any idea how many Dragon stories are in history?

Please don't take any lessons from Dr. Dino. I'm serious.

I agree that he's very charismatic and persuasive, but he knows nothing about evolution and purposely alters it to fit his own deluded views. He also graduated from a diploma mill so he's technically Mr. Dino, and you should never listen to anyone who calls himself that.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

and do you know how many of them are completely irreconcilable with each other?

did you know that there are hundreds of fire stealing myths too?

it's called monomyth, all it proves is evolutionary psychology...

290 flood myths... and 289 conflict the bible one

The fact that you find these BIG STORIES of the Hebrew Bible in nearly every culture on the planet shows that there must be an air of accuracy to them...

no, that just shows you that people have similar ideas. we also have a lot of zombie stories... hell, even you have jesus.

I have another thread kinda on this, the Gilgamesh Epic is one such cultural flood story.

Gilgamesh Thread

Most of the Bible is EYE WITNESS accounts, until we move to the prophecies and the NT.

haha, you just disproved yourself. the epic was the source material for the jewish flood myth....

new topics

top topics

join