learn more

ATS.P: What is Spirituality?

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
PODcast:

What is Spirituality?

I had to comment on our current predicament. We have been stuck for a long time, and we are ready to move on.

Religion is an outdated tool used to control. We need to be able to move on and reconnect with our own Higher Power independent of organized religions.

This is kind of a ramble, a bit long and incoherent

Listen and respond.

Thank you for your time.

length: 12:52
file: atsppod_2427.mp3
size: 18098k
feed: atsp

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
My thoughts get really disjointed sometimes, I may have ADD

I'm not even sure I addressed what I want to, but I will definitely respond with a podcast sometime this week to cover a few more points that I missed.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wow I just listened to my podcast again and I have some seriously disjointed thoughts.

Next time I will focus on one topic instead of being very broad.

Part 2 to be released later today.

Thank you for listening!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
PODcast:

What is Spirituality? (reply 1)

Here is a response to my earlier podcast. I will have to make another one hopefully a little more concise than both of these.

But its an attempt.

I am thinking out loud in both casts, following no scripts. This is all free thoughts.

How do you feel?

length: 04:58
file: atsppod_2428.mp3
size: 6988k
feed:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Disjointed or otherwise ... they're Your thoughts.

Thanks for the share.

Individual perceptions are just that ... hence the "here's a story, pass it 'round" example. Never the same response twice, nor anywhere near the original thought and or premise. Odd, that. no? We're all different ... disjointed, to some extent.

Do unto others works quite well ... 'least for me. (?)

OH?! ... THAT, and strive to be yourself ... as only You can. (?)

MY "map" may lead you nowhere, yet, if you listen to your heart and mind, Your "map" will find you realizing your ultimate destination.

... not to seem all "The power is with you, Luke", but ... it truly is, for each of us. (?)

$.02

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What is God?

Well, I suppose it depends on one's perspective. However, I personally believe that God is all that exists. God views through our eyes, hears with our ears... God is everywhere.

I suppose most would label me a pantheist.

Greek: πάν ( 'pan' ) = all and θεός ( 'theos' ) = God) literally means "God is All" and "All is God". It is the view that everything is of an all-encompassing immanent abstract God; or that the universe, or nature, and God are equivalent.
God

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
One of my favorite all time bands 'Sublime' portrays my sentiment pretty accurately in Santeria.

What I really wanna say is there's just one,
Way back,
And I'll make it, yea,
But my soul will have to wait.

[edit on 17-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My belief system?

Well, while I consider myself Christian in the sense that I believe in Jesus Christ, I certainly am not a mainstream Christian.

I suppose that most would label me as a "New Ager" with tendencies towards some aspects of Christianity.

I have so many different beliefs that it is really to identify me as anything really. I am pretty weird, I guess.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I also love another one of their songs 'jailhouse'

Wide eyes been told to the wise and uprooted
Its gonna be revealed unto babes and Sublime

Speaker, we're all a little weird
. Its what makes life worthwhile.

Don't judge yourself, you are what you are. Don't worry about what others call you, its irrelevant. You have your own opinions and stick to them. I have no problem with your belief system although I don't 100% agree with it.

That doesn't make it any less viable than my own.

12m8keall2c,

Perception is everything. I perceived that I didn't make sense
. Not that it matters anyway, some understood it so that's all that really matters.

Thank you everyone for responding.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Another relevant song lyric. Boston's Higher power

Let me love you
Take me home to your religion for the night
Let me touch you
Teach me how to see your vision through my eyes
Turn the pages
Tell my story, let me face another day
Safe embraces, I feel it comin' now
My captain's on his way.

Hey, my higher power
The world is spinnin', but I'm not afraid
Yeah, give me the power It's the beginnin', the beginnin' of another day.

Let me hold you
Take me back into the secrets of my mind
Let me know you
Come and save me Lord
Don't let me cross the line

'God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference'

[edit on 17-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
PODcast:

What is Spirituality? (reply 2)

Reply to Biggie

length: 10:30
file: atsppod_2429.mp3
size: 9886k
feed:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I really liked the things you guys talked about. The water droplet analogy was really mind opening!

There really is a lot of freedom and a ton of leeway with these things to me. There are so many possibilities that we have conceptualized as humans, there must be countless more that we aren't even aware of.

I really can't add much to the what is God question. I sort of put that one on the shelf. I try to be at peace with my own subjective understanding of God, that being whatever I was taught to believe.

I do relate most to the idea that we come to earth in order to face
challenges and limitations. I don't know what I think as far as if we do it because we are (spiritually) bored or if we do it in order to evolve, or if we do it because we have no choice. I am not sure any of it is truly necessary. I'm not sure if existence itself is even necessary.

As far as Earth, I just think that the sheer amount of close minded people completely overcome by their ego's just kinda turns the world into a spiritual joke of sorts (could still be a good joke). Sometimes I just have to wonder maybe we are all here for the sake of humor. I do realize though that the joke could be on me just as much as anyone else.

It's not that I think I'm enlightened, but hey it doesn't take a whole lot to simply listen every now and then and catch on that there is something more to life than what we are brought up to believe, and more to it than keeping up with the Jones'. You know what I mean... I realize I've at least opened my mind a bit, and that's really not too much to ask of anyone.

The difference in me and most people is that I find humor in their lives, while they find problems in mine. Edit to add: It's not that I think one or the other is right, it's just sorf of the difference in how I see things and how they seem to..

[edit on 17-7-2007 by Novise]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I thoroughly enjoyed hearing your shared comments, and the fact that you'd do so in a podcast (to me) just raises my respect and appreciation, 'cause I know how difficult it can be sometimes to stare at a microphone and try and say whats on my mind..

Big accolades for your efforts!
Johnny

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
My thoughts get really disjointed sometimes, I may have ADD

I'm not even sure I addressed what I want to, but I will definitely respond with a podcast sometime this week to cover a few more points that I missed.

No worries; I have ADD,(just diagnosed a few years ago) and I know how hard it can be to keep things straight in your head. When you're trying to lay everything out in an understandable way, sometmes your brain doesn't seem to want to cooperate. So what? Just be you and say what you want to say, the way you want to say it. After all the way you tell a story or talk about the things that matter, is what makes you, "you".

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
ok... i'm a bit confused on the topic and the posts... i'll respond to the topic and my view will be one that is spread out for i do not have a religion, i believe in Ra, then i don't. I believe in the devil, then again i don't. anyway... spirituality can be many things... if you don't focus on one main topic it gets confusing for one person's view will be different from another person's but that doesn't mean either is wrong. i'm just rambling like most other people... but anyway.. i believe spirituality is whatever one believes it is... for religions are different, views are different, so inconclusion, spirituality is different, pending from person to person. i know i didn't really do much more than make more questions form.. but bare with me... i'll begin explanations at a later date.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Shalashaska001]

new topics

top topics

join