ATS.MIX: 03 - John Lear Part 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
ATS MIX:

Show 3 - John Lear Part 2

Well those crazy ATS MIX guys pieced together what they call Show 3. Dave and Johnny talk about a few threads
posted by our Above Top Secret Members. Dave goes to the mall to see what people think about a post made. Members "Sound-Off" about the U.S. Borders.... and then they continue with their interview/mini-series with the great John Lear. NEW SHOWS will be posted on TUESDAY and FRIDAY cst.

length: 35:25
file: atsmixpod_2426.mp3
size: 16609k
feed: atsmix

REMEMBER – ATS MIX is only as GOOD as the MEMBER PARTICIPATION!

NEW SHOWS will be posted on TUESDAY and FRIDAY

If You Enjoyed The Show – FLAG THE MUTHA!

To Send Us Your AUDIO for possible inclusion on an ATS MIX show, PLEASE send your files ONLY to:

dave_and_johnny@mail2world.com

To DOWNLOAD This Program, WINDOWS ONLY, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Consider Creating A Folder Called ATS MIX .... since you can get them for FREE.

LASTLY .... and this is ONLY for the real DIE HARDS ..... because Dave and johnny didn't want to put everything on ATS and CLOG their HARD DRIVES
, there are over 200 different bits of VIDEO COMEDY, AUDIO COMEDY, RANTS, SKITS, BITS, GAGS and MUSIC SHOWS on our Pod-O-Matic Podcast Home Pages.

Dave's Pod-O-Matic Home Page is located at:

daverabbit.podomatic.com...

Johnny's Pod-O-Matic Mondo Bizarro Home Page is located at:

johnnyanonymous.podomatic.com...

WARNING - SOME EXPLICIT MATERIAL (Dave's, of course
)

PLEASE USE THE Pod-O-Matic SEGMENT TAGS AS YOUR GUIDE FOR APPROPRIATE LISTENING TASTES

[edit on 1/15/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the new mix episode.

I just wanted to point out that I think there's some parts of the previous shows that are also in show 3.

I don't know if that is because they were both created at the same time, but I remember the 'earth2' post mentioned in show 1 or 2.

I am sure its tough editing shows, I give you props for even being able to make one.

I just thought you may want to know that for future reference.

Great job though, I'm really enjoying your shows!

Thanks for mentioning AAC's thread about religion
. I loved that thread.

'The power of Christ compells you!' Haha, are you performing an exorcism at one of those megachurches? That sounds like something a megapreacher would mention.

I really wish I had a more concise message regarding the borders I just kind of repeated the same thing I said twice

Next time I'll be clear eh?

[edit on 17-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Yeah, you guys rehashed the bit about ATS being a gubmint operation from Show #2. Wussup wit dat?

[edit on 17-7-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm sorry. No Flag today.

I really wish I could have made it to John Lear, but was so put off by your first part of the show I couldn't make it.

Don't mean to slam anyone. Just couldn't take it.

Last show the Hillary thing almost got me, this show it was the religious stuff. I'm just not interested.

Good luck.

[edit on 17-7-2007 by seawolf197]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
AND OUR WINNER IS BIGGIE SMALLS...!

Congratulations Biggie Smalls !

Yes indeed you caught that we placed the post thread in there twice, and win our observant listener award...

If you recall, Dave mentioned in an episode that we have a game going on, the cool thing is, we get to switch it around all the time depending on our mood... This time it was "lets see how observant our listeners are"...........

Dave and I will occasionally be adding a 'repeated thread/post' in a segment, the first one that posts that he/she found/heard it and correctly identifies what episode it was first in wins ATS Applaud Points from both Dave and I.

Congratulations Biggie Smalls... Your this Games Observant Winner!

(And Dave.. you owe me some money...lol)

[edit on 17-7-2007 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ouch. Well, guys, you know y'all my homies, right? As always, I'm incredibly impressed at both the length, quality, and frequency of these podcasts. You guys are great podcast personalities, and raise the bar on what's expected from everyone else from now on.

That said... here's my critique of the show this episode:

• The energy seemed a bit low this time around, sorta like the first thing Monday back at work from a hard weekend of partying.

• Tiny Tim joke... was disturbingly reminiscient of Kidd Kraddik... errr... that's not exactly a compliment.

• What's up with the repeat of the thread commentary by Earth2? (edit: Already Answered in the post above)

• One of the most powerful combinations in radio shows is "The Straight Man" and "The Wild Man" paired together, where the Straight Man tries to deliver the script with a calm, serious demeanor, and the Wild Man continually derails the train of thought of the straight man and gets the audience to crack up, but the straight man turns the crack-up into a laugh with the deadpan responses. What makes this work is that when the Straight Man exposes the rarest sliver of well-timed humor, it's that much more amplified and funny. When the Wild Man shows his rare, serious side, people listen that much more. Unfortunately, this episode, both of you try to be both for the entire show. Maybe if Johnny played the Straight Man and Dave Rabbit played the Wild Man, then it would lend a bit more stability to the show, while at the same time using a powerful radio archetype. Since you're both from Dallas, think "Russ Martin and JD Ryan" (on their better days). If you have no idea who I'm talking about, tune in to 105.3 around 3pm, and listen to their format to see what I'm talking about.

• I've noticed the interview sounds are a tad flat. You may want to add a little reverb.

• Very interesting story by Lear on the Roswell UFO. I'm curious why he didn't think to get the video sooner if he was expecting to see it in the first place, and how he wasn't spotted by the Camo Dudes.

You know, for all the complaints I've read in this thread so far, and even in light of the critiques I've mentioned, this is still a better podcast than most of the others. It's not quite up to the same calibre as your previous two shows, but not every episode can be a blockbuster hit. Don't be afraid of shorter episodes. Sometimes, instead of filling space with something unnecessary, it's better to just snip it and keep up the energy with soemthing newer.

Most TV producers barely manage a half-arsed 30 minute show once per week for only 8-20 weeks a year, with a full compliment of tech crew, writers, actors, directors, and resources of a TV network. You guys are trying to do 30-60 minutes twice a week, every week, on a shoestring, with just the two of you and whatever volunteers you get. That's seriously admirable, in my opinion, and god bless you for your effort and hard work. If you need to cut the episodes down to under 30 minutes to keep the quality up, there isn't a person here who would blame you for it.

Thank y'all again for another entertaining podcast, and I look forward to the next one.

[edit on 7/17/2007 by thelibra]

• posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 11:13 AM
    link   
    Yes Biggie.. Congrats! Your being an observant listener cost me
    $20.00 to Johnny as I said no one would notice or at least say anything
    for at least 24 hours of it being released to the public. I have awarded you APPLAUD POINTS!

Dave

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:56 PM
    link   
    Will there be a lo-def version coming soon? For those who aren't (or are, but don't have the time to wait) able to download the high-def one.

Great shows btw.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:12 PM
    link   

Originally posted by The_unraveller
    Will there be a lo-def version coming soon? For those who aren't (or are, but don't have the time to wait) able to download the high-def one.

Great shows btw.

Should be coming soon.. usually 'management handles that, but if it's not up soon, I'll make one up for you (personal service with a smile)...

Johnny

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:36 PM
    link   
    Skeptic is running a bit behind.... but the LO DEF will be up shortly.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Dave

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:56 PM
    link   
    I think you guys are the cat's meow.

I liked the Springer thingy, lol.

I was sitting on the edge of me seat to. When John speaks I know he's putting truth out there, I can't wait for hiM to tell all.

I would give you guys all my (couple) points cause I have no clue what they are for in the first place.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:22 AM
    link   
    Very nice show. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview. You guys work well together.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:28 PM
    link   
    Loved the interview with John Lear and can't wait to hear more next time. Say did I miss something? I have listened to all three of the ATS Mix shows now but have yet to hear the sound off segments on the presidential race. Of course, it's entirely possible that you played them during one of the earlier shows and I just slept through it; gee, I hope it's not my age creeping up on me, I feel too young to be having a "senior moment".

Great show, though guys. Keep it up but Dave I would keep my head on a swivel looking for Springer sneaking up from behind.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:42 PM
    link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
    I have listened to all three of the ATS Mix shows now but have yet to hear the sound off segments on the presidential race. Of course, it's entirely possible that you played them during one of the earlier shows and I just slept through it; gee, I hope it's not my age creeping up on me, I feel too young to be having a "senior moment".

Hehe, you musta slept through it. There were a few sound offs about Hillary in (I believe) episode 2.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:35 PM
    link   
    Oh MAN! Are WE GONNA HAVE A TALK (with a 2x4)!

If you want to call me, use a Porterhouse STEAK! Not a fewkin' WHISTLE cave man!

Springer...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:01 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork

Hehe, you musta slept through it. There were a few sound offs about Hillary in (I believe) episode 2.

Thanks, TS, for confirming it for me; man, I have to start bringing a jumbo mug of coffee with me when I listen to that show. No reflection on you guys, Johnny and Dave, but it's either that or stop listening to the show and I am not gonna do that!

Edited to add: Just checked ATS Mix 2, and while there was a debate on Hilary there was no sound off portion of the show, at least that I heard and I was definitely awake this time.

So, how about it, guys, when can we expect to hear ourselves on the show? Hey, I want my 15 seconds of fame!

[edit on 7/19/2007 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:43 AM
    link   

Loved the interview with John Lear and can't wait to hear more next time. Say did I miss something? The Sound-Off on the Presidential..

Nope.. haven't been aired yet.. Actually were still waiting for some more 'member participation'..

Please grab a microphone and give us a 15-20 second recording of who you'd like to see as President..

Come on people.. we need your help and participation..

Johnny

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:10 AM
    link   

Just checked ATS Mix 2, and while there was a debate on Hilary there was no sound off portion of the show, at least that I heard and I was definitely awake this time.

Well, then either I'm having a senior moment or it happened in episode 1. Cuz I definately remember two ATS members sounding off about "Hillary for prez". And they weren't Dave and Johnny!

Edit to add: Or are we not speaking the same language? If you heard the Hillary debate then I suppose I misunderstood which sound-off you were refering to and are awaiting.

My appologies for the bum steer.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:42 AM
    link   
    Great Show Johnny & Dave (and John)

Really enjoyed it

[edit on 7/19/2007 by pstiffy]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:15 AM
    link   
    Dave, sorry about costing you $20. It just seemed too obvious not to mention anything

I guess since I'm practically always on ATS when I'm not at work is probably the main reason. It was merely luck that I read Johnny's post that show 3 was done.

How's the 4th show coming, any info you want to share with us? You only have one more day

new topics
    top topics

<<   2 >>

join