It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney residents urged to prepare against biological attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
OK, so the headline is a little alarmist, but the Sydney Mayor this morning was all over breakfast TV urging residents to prepare a 'Go Bag' in case of some kind of attack or disaster.

Apart from a natural disaster, like flood or fire, I see no real reason to ever need to flee your home with no notice, so why is the Mayor placing this fear into people?

See article below www.2gb.com... (NB: I’m not sure how we are supposed to insert news stories – I hope this is correct)

Sydney residents urged to pack 'Go Bag'
Tuesday, 17 July 2007

By Yoni Bashan
Reporter
Macquarie National News

We are all being urged to stock up on the essentials in case there is a terrorist attack or natural disaster.

Sydney Lord Mayor Clover Moore wants everyone in the CBD to have a “Go Bag” packed with maps, running shoes, energy bars and sticky tape.

200,000 booklets will be distributed today, advising everyone of what to do in case of an emergency.

“It's a matter of doing what we can which is practical and responsible," Ms Moore said.

"A serious emergency such as a fire, hazardous materials incident, flood, severe storm or transport accident could cause significant disruption to the community and will require a co-ordinated and immediate response.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This news story has come on the back of a string of fear-based reporting over the last two weeks in Australia.

On a daily basis we are bombarded with updates and interviews concerning the alleged Queensland terrorist Dr Mohammad Haneef, who, 11 months ago, lent his mobile phone sim card to one of the recent alleged UK terrorist suspects and is now being labeled a terrorist – despite him having done nothing to really implicate himself. (FYI: Yesterday he was given bail on terror charges, but this morning had his Visa cancelled due to “failing a character test”)

abc.net.au...
www.thestatesman.net...

It’s a blatant example of fear-mongering – and its becoming more and more common.

Add this to the recent ‘polio alert’ over here.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...
www.stuff.co.nz...

News programs flashed alarmist Polio Alert hotlines across the screen for days, warning Australian citizens of an impending polio outbreak because some guy went to Pakistan and came back with polio symptoms. They urged Aussies to get vaccine shots and immune boosters to avoid the outbreak… IT WAS ONE GUY. Polio is only contagious through saliva or feaces, so why the ALERT and fear-mongering.

It seems to me that there is a definite attempt to put the fear back into Australian citizens. But why? And why on so many different fronts? What are they preparing us for?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Evasious a;ready started this thread! But I will reiterate, "What is the difference in them preparing (smart) or us? (Smart)
www.ready.gov...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
My bad if Evasious already has a similar thread - i wasn't sure of how to search for similar threads.. i should have mentioned that.

Where is this other thread by Evasious?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
thanks

Will continue post there then.

new topics

top topics

join