It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired at state capitol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Shots fired at state capitol

www.9news.com

DENVER - An unidentified armed gunman was shot and killed near the governor's office Monday afternoon.

9NEWS has learned through the Communications Director of the House Democrats, Katie Reinisch, that the shots were fired at roughly 2:05 p.m.

Governor Ritter's spokesperson, Evan Dryer, says a state trooper shot and killed a man inside the capitol on the north central side of the corridor facing Colfax near the governor's office.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well, this quote sums it up:

Dreyer said the man walked into the office and said, "I am the emperor and I'm here to take over city government."

The man was obviously unable to discern the difference between state and local governments.

www.9news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Uhhh....

Nice quote. I'm thinking this is a case of forgotten medication, or too much or it. Here come the mind-altering drug conspiracies...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Either he forgot...

To take his medication, or he failed to get directions to the Denver Mayor's office.

While I'm not sure either is a shooting offence, if you're confronted by law enforcement and they say "drop the gun" it is usually best if you do.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You mean you're not supposed to turn around while raising your arm? You know, the police has been overly paranoid lately though, and in alot of cases, excessive force is used where it doesn't need to be. This guy obviously had mental issues, whether drug induced or not. While he did have a gun, I think the police should be better equipped to handle situations such as this one with non-lethal force.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Look s like...

The quote is being updated:

Before he was shot, the man said, "I am the emperor and I'm here to take over state government," Dreyer said

www.foxnews.com...

Or being edited for context.

new topics

top topics

join