It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any reason NOT to believe John Lear?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I am amazed, i listened to that John Lear interview on C2Cam today and this guy you know ( evenl if you look at his carrier ) has an incredible creadibility!

If you checked it he seems to know all the stuff you know where we are from the Soul thing what really happened on all those mystery events!

So, why do/n't you believe him and why/not?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Doesn't he say that he is just stating opinions? He doesn't even say that he is right about everything.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The answer to your question can be found in John Lear's signature!

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Is John Lear still a member here at ATS?
If not, what happened to him?

I don't see any reason not to believe him.

But, I do see a whole bunch of reasons not to believe the government or the things that they control such as the media.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
As a fellow pilot and "friend", I have a lot of respect for the man myself.

Some of what he says I believe, some of it I don't.

I believe, for example, that he's traipsed through the Nevada desert and on the fringes of A51 with buddies Bob Lazar et al., that he knows tons about airplanes, that he worships his grandchildren, and that he has a great sense of humor.

I still have nagging doubts though, for example, that the moon has a breathable atmosphere and has long been populated by cities of inhabitants, soul-catchers, and the like. And I doubt this only because my own eyes, ears, and brain are trying to convince me otherwise and that I can find no "equally-credible" authorities that can produce any empirical evidence that can corroborate such claims.

Nevertheless I think John's a tremendous and welcome asset to ATS and I find his posts colorful yet sincere. The guy has a way with planes and a way with words. And even if some of what he says is true it means the rest of us are in for an amazing future...

[edit on 7/16/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Because he seems to offer all the answers i've been looking for so far.

I don't say it's hard to believe in it but it's just overwhelming me right now.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There is no doubt in John's credibility as a pilot, however as far as other subjects perhaps you should do the research yourself and draw your own conclusions.Don't accept everything as it is presented to you just because the person has some credibility in one area.
And yeah, the signature speaks volumes.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
He has opinions. Some of them are way out there. Some of them could be right, some wrong. Some could be varying degrees of "correct".

I'd certainly advise the OP to use some discernment. Don't believe 100% of anything ANYONE has to say, especially when they openly admit it involves a lot of conjecture.

Does that help?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
Is John Lear still a member here at ATS?
If not, what happened to him?

How often do you log in to ATS? He was online 45 minutes ago!

[edit on 16-7-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
John Lear doesn't present his information as fact, ever. In his signature he clearly states he's formulating his own opinions and that's what his posts are based on.

It's up to you to do all the research and decide for yourself.

Personally, I don't believe he's right about a lot of topics when he goes into explaining them, but, the basics he's right about. That's obviously my opinion, though.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Amybe the question we should be asking ourselves is Do I beleive In me ?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I've wondered why I can't seem to find mention of him on any reputable sites. Even wiki-pedia pulled down the page on him for whatever reason.

You'd think that someone with an aviation career such as John's that he would be mentioned on a site somewhere that wasn't associated with ufos and aliens.

[edit on 16-7-2007 by amehrich]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul the seeker
So, why do/n't you believe him and why/not?

He, himself, admits that he can't offer any real proof for many of the things he says. That's a good enough reason right there.

The way I figure it, he's in a position where a lot of people he personally trusts, who are in some very interesting positions, tell him things that are "off the record." He naturally believes them, but he can't reveal his sources or supply any specific information that would officially spill the beans. There's also the question of whether or not the people telling him things are correct, being honest, etc. They may or may not be purposely lying to him. They might just be passing along things they've heard, too.

But what it essentially boils down are a lot of stories with not a whole lot to back them up. And it doesn't even matter if you're George Frinking Washington and never tell a lie, because of the extraordinary nature of the stories, any reasonable person must require just a little bit more solid, verifiable proof to believe those stories.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by amehrich
Even wiki-pedia pulled down the page on him for whatever reason.

Hmm, I just went and checked and you're right. Pretty weird. I wonder why they did that?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Go with the gut always go with the gut and MY gut says John knows things.

I think he has a great sense of humor as has come to ATS with lots of interesting information.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't think he is entirely correct nor does he know the true extent of validity of his views but he has always allowed that he could be wrong.

Even if he is only half right, then he has a lot to say and needs to say it and I'm glad he is in fact doing that.

Those that attack him act for the consortium, the alien/human alliance that sold the rest of us down the river long ago.

But the last laugh is on them as the rest of us stand a better chance of survival in future and of being finally free from slavery like we have lived under for many thousands of years.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hello everyone!

Reasons for not believing in him, there must be plenty.

Reasons for believing he is right just as many.

Think about this for a minute, how many people have done the amount of research as he has done?. How many people have had a life in which they came into contact with people that are "in the know"?. Does he sell anything?. Is he trying to promote any product or service?.

Read his posts, I have seen a lot of people here at ATS that love to have a go at him (even with libelous and defamatory terms) and I have never seen him answer with an insult . He takes the time to answer as many questions as people want to ask.

Some of the folks around here would probably feel more comfortable if you saw Mr. Lear on the mainstream media, like some of the other ufo experts do, but for me this is precisely the reason why I very much like to read and hear about everything he says.

I`m truly grateful for having him here.

Camilo

You can agree or disagree, but you must respect his work and opinions just as much as he respects everyone else`s.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'll give you a reason not to, even if it has nothing to do with the way I feel about his theories.

Nothing he ever says has any proof whatsoever. All of his "facts" are 2nd and 3rd hand information that has been lost over the years or hand written on paper.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
As far as I know, there is no one specific reason or event that has taken place that would give us any logical reason not to trust him.
If you're looking for hints of him being disinfo agent etc bla bla bla, you won't find it. Trust me, alot of people would love to link him to those kinds of things, but so far nothing at all has turned up.

I think that may have been the kind of answer you were looking for?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Many of us who have read Bertrand Russell know the idea, it's a matter of what he calls philosophically "suspended judgment." That part allows continuing a free exchange of ideas. Also one may note from the Structure of Scientific Revolutions by Thomas Khun the idea of paradigms and that two paradigms can peacefully exist together while people ask questions and possibly even find another paradigm or "conjugation," what you might think of as a prevailing theory in the history of science.

It may well be more important to think than to believe. For me I think about religions of the world, without being trapped by any of them. Reading books about religion and discerning what exist in those writings is highly rewarding.

I like Mr. Lear and I am willing to entertain such notions as an atmosphere on the moon, and even the "moon tower," that connections with you soul when you go meet the "spirit in the sky." One does not need always be argumentative but rather interrogative in polite ways. One may effectively summarize those questions and conversations with the notion "that's my argument." So that's it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join