It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why join ATS?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Just curious as to why so many people want to join ATS. I am enquisitive to other peoples reasons for coming to this site. What are your honost opinions to what other people post here.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I like to always be learning and to talk with people who have different viewpoints. Learning should never end , just because most people have closed-minds.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I was previously a member of a computer-security related communit/forum, but there wasnt anywhere there that I could discuss things like like what we talk about here on ATS, so I set out to find a place and a friend just so happend to link me to here. Since then its been a very interesting and eye-opening experience.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Because this place has information related to activities of the governments, and gives me the ability to see through the fluff of political rhetoric.

And also because I prefer to stay Above the crowd.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Well I came to this site for the first time by mistake shortly after 9/11. I was researching the attacks and stumbled into this site. And I have been here ever since. And man has this site changed a lot in the 2 1/2 years ive been here. And it's only getting better.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I was a lurker a awhile back, then quit when things got hairy IRL. Got a lot of static, then came back and joined a few months ago. The reasons I stay is because I like the crowd, and I like the discussion topics.

That, and I'm quite obviously crazy.

DE

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
why wouldn't you want to join? the topics discussed here are a taboo that the common world likes to pretend doesn't exist. there is so much unexplained in this world that refusing to acknowledge the existence of events that occur beyond the explanation of current scientific beliefs is pure ignorance.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Even some of my best friends dont care to even think about most of the things that are discussed here..let alone talk about them...I come here because this is one of the only places where i can talk and listen to these types of subjects....I read many things here that I simply never even knew about..

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
THE THREAD ala "The Ring"

The last thread you'll ever read...

Would love to see that evolve, a thread so revealing, so true that from the outside you can see that 'views' correspond to suddenly missing posters.

Threads about the thread emerge. Has anyone read the thread? People dare each other, some scoff and rise to the challenge, never to post again...

Contradicting theories are debated. What if THE THREAD is a good thing? Or My Uncle read the thread Gawd is this only funny to me? I'm sick.

THE THREAD should be in Really, Really Above Top Secret and required points total shrouded in secrecy. Some say it's ONE MILLION points, others say the cost is ONE SOUL.

What we do know is that the first rule of THE THREAD is You don't talk about THE THREAD...

Ah ha ha...
More coffee please?

[Edited on 11-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
A group of like-minded individuals, first of all. It is nice seeing that there are people out there who share similiar experiences, or who can relate.

Secondly, for the discussions. I've posted a few threads, some not well recieved, but no matter what the results were, for the most part, the responses have been thought out. I don't expect everybody to agree with what I say (hell, it stuns me that there are some who DO agree with some of the things!). But it is the discussions, the debating, that keep me coming back.

I've made threads for the simple reason of trying to find someone who had thoughts or experiences like me; I've been doing... certian things for 15 years, with no understanding, no resources. I've searched libraries and other web sites to no prevail. Because of ATS, I have found some people with some inclanation as to what I am, or have pointed me in directions where I can figure things out.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It is hard to find other people like myself who question things which others accept without thinking twice.
people who enjoy discussing topics that often produce the
reaction in most people.
People who know that we do not know or understand everything there is to know.
people who dare to learn more.
I found those people here. all in one place
Why wouldn't I join?

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It's a great place to discuss topics that would make day-to-day people look at you like some psycho.

It's also one of the most accessible web-place to discuss with people of all society level, all countries, all ages, all religions & philosophies, and a great place to enlighten your self and make you a better person.

[Edited on 11-1-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I joined ATS only after about a year of just reading. Finally, I got annoyed at one particular post, and had to respond, so I registered. Just kept posting after that. Many people here share the same views as I do, and as m0rbid said: "It's a great place to discuss topics that would make day-to-day people look at you like some psycho."

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm kind of wondering why this is in Paranormal Studies? Shouldn't this be in Board Questions or Introductions? Anyways, I have always been interested in this kind of stuff, that is why I joined in August of 2003. Best site on the net, IMO

-wD

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
sorry about posting it here in the paranormal studies area....it was late i havn'e had more than 4 hours of sleep in 3 days and this question just came to me in my phase of insomnia stuper. Great responces though, I can relate with you all.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am a super seceret agent for the NWO came here to spy on all yall.....shhhhhh

dont tell anybody OK

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well i joined ATS while i was searching for some info on freemasons and suddenly stumble across it,i was amazed there was so many people in one place with the same interests.The thing is aswell i have learnt alot about subjects i didn't know much about and ones i hadn't even heard of before.

top topics

join