It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What About My 72 Virgins?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
I'm a bit confused on the whole 72 virgin thing........

Do they get 72 Virgins, then as they use one, she dissappears and another one replaces her or......

Do they have 72 Virgins, then after gettin buzy with them all have 72 wives with 72 kids, you'd have to work 24 / 7 to feed all them mouths, that don't sound like heaven to me.

Peace..

Haha yup don't think that will be heaven more like the other word. Well said.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
Do they have 72 Virgins, then after gettin buzy with them all have 72 wives with 72 kids, you'd have to work 24 / 7 to feed all them mouths, that don't sound like heaven to me.

you do know that you can have sex and not get the woman pregnant, right? this is heaven so I would imagine the whole rise of pregnancy is gone but the 72 women clamoring for attention and affection would be too much to handle. sounds more like hell to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
With that I agree... I just get tired of people talking about Catholics like they are the freaking spawn of Satan or something. It is out of control on this board.

And unabashed criticism of Islam isn't? Oh, the horror....

Besides, Catholicism goes against the Bible with Idol worship and pagan rituals, but we won't go into hat on this thread...

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

With that I agree... I just get tired of people talking about Catholics like they are the freaking spawn of Satan or something. It is out of control on this board.

Some Catholics bring harshness upon themselves. The constant Holier Than Thou, the hypocrasy, the bigotry, the refusal to DISCUSS as opposed to starting flame-wars... you think that's a recipe to win you fans? Not really...

And in response to your comment, I believe Christian Right Wingers persecuting.... well, just about everyone else, is out of control on this board. Though having said that, I can easily find boards where it's far worse than on ATS. Here on ATS, other people can at least get a word in edgeways.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
and now back to the topic???

Please folks?

[edit on 17/7/2007 by budski]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Well, crusades... inquisitions.... indulgences... can you blame people for criticizing the Catholic institution? We're not criticizing you, SoT, we're criticizing the past mistakes of the Catholic Church, which you have to admit were abundant. I mean, c'mon, they killed Galileo for absolutely no reason and the man had the potential to propel astronomy forward by hundreds of years.

Instead of fervently attacking the attackers of your faith, why not do what Jesus said and learn from past mistakes. I'm not saying that you personally did anything wrong, I'm just saying that Catholicism doesn't exactly have the cleanest history, and instead of denying it, present Catholics should at least accept that.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
the terrorists and suicide bombers and all of them that create acts against humanity call themselves true Muslims. But i bet you that almost half of them have never even read the kuran, they probably just went by and had someone tell them about all the glory they will get if they are faithful and all but i bet most of it was brainwashing, i mean if they really were true Muslims they would help people instead of kill.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
the terrorists and suicide bombers and all of them that create acts against humanity call themselves true Muslims. But i bet you that almost half of them have never even read the kuran, they probably just went by and had someone tell them about all the glory they will get if they are faithful and all but i bet most of it was brainwashing, i mean if they really were true Muslims they would help people instead of kill.

A lot of muslims still rely on scholars or imams to "clarify" or "interpret" the meaning of the koran.

To me, these people who falsely interpret religious works are the true evil - an awful lot of the "terrorists" are just unfortunates suckered into something by a need for belief.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think every organized religion has killed people for their beliefs; and as far as I can tell they all have bigotry! One day its the Muslims killing Jews for being ....well Jews, the next day you have protestants killing Catholics for being ...well Catholic, then you have Catholics killing Protestants for being....thats right Protestant.,Hindus and Muslims, etc, etc, etc, it is a never ending cycle of stupidity.

I believe the band Dream Theater asked the question best..."is faith leading us to violence?"

When are people going to wake up and start thinking for themselves and relise that these books such as the Bible and the Koran and others were just man's interpretations what God wants or rules are. It seems we have not progressed in this area at all...it's all very sad.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue

Some Catholics bring harshness upon themselves. The constant Holier Than Thou, the hypocrasy, the bigotry, the refusal to DISCUSS as opposed to starting flame-wars... you think that's a recipe to win you fans? Not really...

Oh,yeah, blowing oneself up in a town market is a lot more respectable.. Be for real.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier

Well, crusades... inquisitions.... indulgences... can you blame people for criticizing the Catholic institution? We're not criticizing you, SoT, we're criticizing the past mistakes of the Catholic Church, which you have to admit were abundant. I mean, c'mon, they killed Galileo for absolutely no reason and the man had the potential to propel astronomy forward by hundreds of years.

You think I'm Catholic????
Wow...

That's too funny. BlueSoldier, believe me when I tell you this, I am far, far from being a Catholic. I just get tired of seeing threads and comments about the Catholic belief systems. You can be on a thread about Muslim terrorists and the next thing you know, you have some knuckle head talking about things that Catholics do... WTF???

[edit on 18-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Oh,yeah, blowing oneself up in a town market is a lot more respectable.. Be for real.

No one said it was. Nevertheless, Catholicism has as many stains on it's collective soul as any religion, if not more.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue

Er... please point out where I said that it was acceptable for people to suicide bomb?

Ohhhhhh right.... I DIDN'T!

Which leads me to another thing that the Christian Right do a HELL of a lot. They are so Anti-Muslim, that they 90% of the time try and deflect onto Muslims when their own massive shortcomings are highlighted. Even if the person they are talking to said nothing pro or otherwise about Muslims.

As you have just shown here.

So, how about YOU be for real?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I like to put things in real-world context....

if a dignified & celebrated Martyr has 72 'virgins',
are those to last him for eternity???

then he might wait perhaps 10,000 earth years between 'Knowing'
(in the Biblical sense), his alloted 72 'virgins'.

on another way of thinking, the honored, dignified, celebrated Martyr
could 'Know'(in the Biblical sense) his 72 alloted 'virgins'
on a daily basis...which would ensue that the Mrtyr would be 'familiar' with each 'virgin' for 5.0694444444444444444444444444444444444444.......
in a given 365 year...
Which i implore youse to consider; If the Martyr in some Heaven had no concept of time or duration,
then the daily/constant pleasures of satisfying himself with 'virgins'
itself would have no meaning...so a Martyr NEEDS to be constantly put into a pleasurable zone on a recurring basis....not some 10,000 year interval

therefore a Martyr is forgoing all their future
'Life-on-Earth' for 72 seperate episodes in the realm of Eternity

such a non-deal, imho

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Nicely put,
I worry about the future of the human race, when people believe this sort of stuff and not only believe, but actually queue up to blow themselves up, in the belief that they will get all the pleasures denied to them on earth, when they get to paradise.

Take the pragmatic approach and fill your boots while you're here - then die in your 80's with allah's name on your lips - job done.

I just really find it hard to believe that people still think this way in the modern world - and we're not talking about lack of education here, many recent suicide bombers have been educated (reasonably) people.
I could probably understand it more if these guys were "fresh off the boat" but that's not the case.

Any hint of improper teaching in a mosque should see the preacher banned or the mosque closed, then perhaps we'd see less of this brainwashing.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Here is an article in the Times that has one of terrorists know as the smiling bomber talking about his reward in heaven.

72_Angels

top topics

<< 1   >>

join