It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This A Pic Of Donuts On A Rope?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is a pic I took with my cell phone, over my parents house, Fredericksburg VA on 7-15-07 around 7pm. Does this show the famous donuts on a rope contrail?

[edit on 16-7-2007 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That type of contrail is reportedly made by the "Aurora" which is said to be a top secret airplane that can fly at MACH 8+. Only time will tell.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
This is a pic I took with my cell phone, over my parents house, Fredericksburg VA on 7-15-07 around 7pm. Does this show the famous donuts on a rope contrail?

Nope, that's not it. The donuts on a rope are really regular. This is a standard sort of contrail that probably has to do more with recycling air or temperature changes in the exhaust. That ain't it, though. See the difference?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Could a human even stand the G-forces at mach 8?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If the acceleration was slow enough absolutely.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RWPBR

to add to that ...

constant velocity exerts no G-force ... acceleration (positive or negative) is the G-force ... the force of gravity is our acceleration towards the center of the planet at 9.86 m/s/s.

Pilots can handle quite a few Gs for a certain amount of time, so, as long as the ship is designed not to exceed the human's limits with specialized gear to increase those limits, that is all that matters. Once they reach speed, there is no longer a force (other than gravity itself). The specialized gear I speak of is suits designed to squeeze on the extremities to help keep blood going to the head, as well as the pilots themselves squeezing the muscles ... I remember this quite some time ago on a special. They talked about maneuvers in jets and dogfighting. Interesting stuff. I believe oxygen helps too
Correct me if that show was wrong, please.

top topics

join