It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN warns it cannot afford to feed the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The World Food Programme feeds people in countries including Chad, Uganda and Ethiopia, but reaches a fraction of the 850m people it estimates suffers from hunger. It spent about $600m buying food in 2006. So far, the WFP has not cut its reach because of high commodities prices, but now says it could be forced to do so unless donor countries provide extra funds.

So who do you think will be asked to pay more money?? The world will expect the US to pay even more money. What is sad.....really sad it that the UN is made up of 194 nations.......194 nations can not work together to feed starving people.........

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The UN won't work until it becomes a true organisation FOR humanity, working for humanity, instead of against it. At present, it is nothing more than a glorified club for men, a tool of the elite, rich and powerful.

There is more than enough resources and food to feed and cloth all the people in the world.. it just that the status quo can't exist in that state, and thus the elite don't want to let go.. or feed the world. They only care about themselves.

"I'm gonna share with you a vision that I had, cause I love you. And you feel it. You know all that money we spend on nuclear weapons and defence each year, trillions of dollars, correct? Instead... just play with this... if we spent that money feeding and clothing the poor of the world, and it would pay for it many times over, not one human being excluded and we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. Thank you very much you've been great, I hope you enjoyed it..." - Bill Hicks

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Maybe they could afford it a little better if their leaders weren't embezzling from the funds. The UN is such a worthless piece of cow doo doo.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Do people really rely on the UN for food? When was it decided that the UN would be responsable for feeding people? And WTH is Ethiopia starving anyway? The country is filled with lush rainforests and fertile grassland!

Here's an idea, stop dropping food into the hands of militant warlords who use it to maintain control over a people who due to corrupt and worthless international arms treatys are unable to defend themselves. Gee, the warlords dont ever seem to have problems aquiring guns and ammunition. Hmm.. looks like only honest and lawful people are suffering.

God I hate the UN.

Disbanding that whole cluster*uck would be the best thing for these starving and developing countries.

top topics

join