It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be mass suicides due to the death of Harry Potter.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
********* SPOILER **********

He doesn't die.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
It isn't actually true, and nor is the rumour a character would die due to a bungled sex change operation.

Oh my God........I just fell out of my chair!
That was just too much for me to handle

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Did the trekies kill themselves? How about the people who actually think Jedi is a REAL religion. If those poor souls can live it with, I am going to guess so can The Potterites (I'm copy writing that one)

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
Did the trekies kill themselves? How about the people who actually think Jedi is a REAL religion. If those poor souls can live it with, I am going to guess so can The Potterites (I'm copy writing that one)

Jedi is a real religion. Just because it isn't a widely recognised religion it doesn't make it any less true.
But that's a story for another thread!

And I think a few Trekkies didn't actually kill themselves but a few might have died on the inside when Enterprise was aired.... I know I did.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Actually the final battle against Voldemort was canceled because the Democrats blocked the funding

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intheshadwos
Actually the final battle against Voldemort was canceled because the Democrats blocked the funding

So is Voldemort Bush or Cheney?

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

Jedi is a real religion. Just because it isn't a widely recognised religion it doesn't make it any less true.
But that's a story for another thread!

I guess anything could be a religion, but "Crazy me think they are"

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Warning...

Be careful out there when watching YouTube and such.

Someone has posted page numbers of all significant deaths in the last book and one major major spoiler.
Supposedly it's posted as a video with a fake title.

One danish forum already has it posted, and it hasn't been removed yet.

Lucky for me I didn't read all those books

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well the world is safe from a mass suicide of its children. Little Harry Potter doesnt die but poor li'l Dobby dies as well as the Professor of potions and such, Snape.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
No! Not Snape!

*runs to the kitchen and brews an 'extra potent' pot of coffee*

Goodbye, cruel world.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
No! Not Snape!

*runs to the kitchen and brews an 'extra potent' pot of coffee*

Goodbye, cruel world.

Lol, my son got mad at me because I looked this info up this morning. He told me I had better not ruin it for him by telling him who did or did not die but his 9 year old (younger) sister did want to know. So I told her and since they love to aggravate each other, she tried to tell him but he got pretty mad so instead of telling him who died, she told him well Harry Potter doesnt die lmao.
He was glad harry didnt die but was still mad that she told him, he likes surprises.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
what movie haven't you seen yet? let me find out the ending and ruin it for you.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I finished the book. A few parts irked the hell out of me, but overall wasn't bad.

I didnt hear of any mass suicides though LOL

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well I decided to scan through the thread until the end to post, because I am still reading the book.

Well I am a big fan of harry potter and to tell you the truth I will miss the books.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Did the trekies kill themselves?

some of us are still alive waiting for the next movie to come out.

memory-alpha.org...

or hoping that they will make another series.

and as for harry potter he doesnt die but heres a long list of every one who does.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This thread has ruined the last book for me.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
[last book spoiler]

Erm... when did harry potter die? i must have missed that. As far as i saw he was fine at the end of the last book...

He was married and had kids and everything!

[edit on 28-7-2007 by ScriptKiddie]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
My wife is a big harrry potter fan.
As we approached the release date she locked herself down didnt get on the internet.
She was very happy with the book.

only way to do it.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I absolutely hated the idea of HP for many years, and never even knew it existed until the first movie was released years later. While on a visit to the States it was on the cable, and for some reason it was unlocked, so we decided to watch it for the fun of it since none of us had any idea about it, what it was about etc (although I'm a big fan of Dragonlance, Katherine Kerr, Terry Brooks, Robert Jordan, et al, so I LOVE fantasy and sci-fi).

I was mesmerised, it HOOKED me, I HAD to buy the rest when they came out. I don't know why, it didn't have the same effect on ANY of my other family members and my other half still doesn't seem to see what I see in it (but she's not read hte books yet). For me, the films got me into the books, and, I feel a bit guilty in that I cannot go a few days without re-reading a HP. I'm not ashamed to say I cried a fair bit at the end book, Rowling DID make a great story and there are things in it that a lot of people could learn from, but it does seem to have a strangely magical hold on people and I myself wonder why.

I certainly won't be topping myself over it, but it was a sad day when it ended, but she's recently said she'd write some more books later on about unanswered questions (she said it would be an encyclopedia probably, but not for a few years), and she hasn't decided yet on whether to write about him 'after school'. She also only owns the written copyright, WB still owns movie rights, so they could get someone else in to do a few new movies, you never know. They're the ones who've spent a lot of money on the franchise and stand to loose the most after its gone.

And no, Harry doesn't die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join