It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be mass suicides due to the death of Harry Potter.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I mean, what will the fans have to live for? Life will be meaningless, especially after the last movie. Where else in society will they be able to wear their capes and waive around their wands?

I believe it's all a plan to reduce the world's population by 1/16th or so.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I've grown up with Harry Potter and I'm going to be gutted when it ends.

Suicide is a bit far I think but I may sit and read every book until I wither up.

Still, we always have the god-awful movies to, urgh, look forward to.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Does the little Wizard get killed off in the last book??

My wife will be devastated, she has pre-ordered the book and plans on reading all the other books again, prior to reading the last one.

I may have to kill myself

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Suicide is a bit far I think but I may sit and read every book until I wither up.

My thoughts exactly, all you have to do is start at the first book again and he is alive and kicking.

I would be quite dissapointed if people took it that serious.

Regards xS_Gx

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think you may be jumping the gun (no pun intended) if you think Harry is killed off in the last book. Just a personal belief after listening to JK interviews.

Movies and books can still be made. Just because JK Rowling isnt writing she can always sell the book rights for someone else to continue on.

Then there is always other versions of Harry Potter for those that are really missing him

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
i dont think it will be as simple as death per se. to fulfil the 'hero's journey' (wiki: Joseph Campbell), potter & voldemort are more likely to resolve the conflict in some manner which equates to a releasing of ego. could be death or something more symbolic. rowland is following the hegelian dialectic pattern no? will see shortly. any other takers?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm not a Potter fan, but this thread caught my eye so I have to atleast give my two cents
. Bottom line is this...ANYONE who kills themselves, falls into a state of depression, or is actually affected by the loss of a movie/book/FAKE character really WILL NOT be missed or get an ounce of sympathy. I only hope this thread is sarcasm to have a little fun with the HP thing...if it's not...good lord please help these poor people..lol

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think it will be Ron or Hermione but if Harry looses his life it will not surprise me either. I think he gets together with Ron's sister Jenny Weasley, and he could loose her to death. Any way I have been reading the books and watching all of the movies on the day they come out. I guess I am a huge Potter fan
July 21st you know where I will be, engrossed in the final book, I ll read until the book is finished. Thanks for starting this thread! Tick tock tick tock, (just waiting with anticipation)

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
for those that do it...

goodbye, I hope the gates of heaven open up for you.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
No joking..........I think Harry Potter withdrawl will be as painful as any narcotic withdrawl. People will be jumping off buildings with their capes and a broom only to realize halfway to the ground that it was all BS.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, thank you Dr.Love.

Do you want to take this opportunity to Tell me how every other movie I want to see ends too?

You had to put it in the title too, not even giving us a chance to avoid the spoiler, thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hey, I have a prediction. Harry Potter doesn't die.

I have absolutely no inside info, and base this solely on thinking Rowling cares more about her readership than that. She's not going to create that kind of trauma amongst the little 'uns who read her books.

Yes some characters don't make it out, but Harry will live on. There will be a degree of trauma just over the fact that the series is ending. But death to Harry? Nah, I don't believe it.

And if I'm wrong, you can point to this post in perpetuity and assail me about how I don't have a clue.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
yea Dr. Love the least you coulda done was changed your thread title and maybe added something along the lines of ****SPOILER***** somewhere in it.

not much of a fan anyways..

do i think there will be mass suicides because of harry potter? hmm.. stranger things have happened... heavens gate comes to mind.

we shall see, we shall see

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
How the hell do I know what happens?
The book hasn't even come out yet.

Unless you've been in a cocoon for the last few months, you've heard that his death is a very good possibility.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Apparently you've misunderestimated your reputation as a seer and soothsayer. People here just assume you are in the know.

With Great Power comes Great Responsibility.

Now you know how Martha Stewart feels.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
JK has thrown out hints that he lives, she's also thrown out hints that he dies.

The one quote of hers I'll never forget is when she was doing an interview and someone said something about Harry living and she said "What makes you think he's not going to die?" and she was dead serious in saying it.

If she cares about the readers she'll have him live. If she does kill him off it shows she has some big balls. She could ALWAYS fake his death, take a break for a few years and suddenly release a new book "Harry's Return"

I read not long ago about a possible Harry Potter spin-off series of books. If true and she actually kills him off, there will still be books featuring the Potter universe.

There's mass money to still be made with the Potter name and they'll do whatever they can to keep that money coming in. Even after the last book there's still 2 more films to be made, most likely a video game based on each movie, toys, clothes.......they won't entirely kill the series off.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
sorry Dr. love all those points and that pretty green bar must have made me jump to conclusions

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_soldier1975
I'm not a Potter fan, but this thread caught my eye so I have to atleast give my two cents
. Bottom line is this...ANYONE who kills themselves, falls into a state of depression, or is actually affected by the loss of a movie/book/FAKE character really WILL NOT be missed or get an ounce of sympathy. I only hope this thread is sarcasm to have a little fun with the HP thing...if it's not...good lord please help these poor people..lol

I agree Shadow, I never really got into the whole HP thing (thank god) as I am not much of a sci fi/magic type person.

I really dont understand what the issue is, its just a book. Books are good for entertainment on a cold rainy day and your bored or for educational purposes and I dont see why people practically live these books. Everytime a new book or movie comes out about half the people in a 20 mile radius are running around dressed like the different characters and acting as if they were Harry, Hogworth (or w/e his name is), etc

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
My aunt had a theory that Harry would be raped by Voldemort (for some weird magic ritual lol).

Reason for her to think that was because (I don't remember where) but it was stated that there would be a rape in Harry potter involving one of the main characters or w/e it was, and then she came up with that because "Hermione" was too simple.

Edit:
Just searched, and it involved a date rape, so unless some weird crap happens =P... You never know lol.

[edit on 16/7/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
Reason for her to think that was because (I don't remember where) but it was stated that there would be a rape in Harry potter involving one of the main characters or w/e it was, and then she came up with that because "Hermione" was too simple.

Edit:
Just searched, and it involved a date rape, so unless some weird crap happens =P... You never know lol.

That was a joke created by the Onion News Network. It isn't actually true, and nor is the rumour a character would die due to a bungled sex change operation.

I'm a fan of HP, not a huge one (I've read MUCH better books), but the stories are okay. When I finish the book I'm not gonna leap out of my window crying... its more likely I'll read something more mature or interesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join